How do you protect yourself against chargebacks? Un-refundable payment method? menu

User Tag List

crunk001's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you protect yourself against chargebacks? Un-refundable payment method?

I have just experienced a nasty chargeback over Paypal and thus will never again use Paypal. I've just contacted their support via phone and instantly got the reply, that they can not do anything, even though it was said that seller's protection for virtual goods is now active, when the case is in regards to an apparent unauthorized charge. Utter bullshit. I had my experiences with Paypal over ebay and this last issue right here is the nail in the coffin for this company for me.

I've looked into 'Sofortüberweisungen' here in the EU, which is a service that can link directly to a bank-account transfer. Does Skrill work the same or can you file a chargeback there aswell? I want a simple and un-refundable method to be able to sell my virtual goods/currency. I have no time for these children in mature bodies, playing tricks on eachother.

What payment methods are there I can use, as a seller of virtual items, that protect me against chargeback fraud?

How do you protect yourself against chargebacks? Un-refundable payment method?
    Willy's Avatar Elite User
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    147/124
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One payment method that does not support chargebacks would be bitcoins but far too few people use it for it to be a viable option.

3. Thanks crunk001 (1 members gave Thanks to Willy for this useful post)
    JhonnyQ's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    12/74
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    paysafecards should be pretty safe

Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    paysafecards should be pretty safe
    Isn't that the most anonymous way to pay? Lmao

D3Boost's Avatar 🔥 www.D3Boost.com 🔥 PROFESSIONAL BOOSTING SERVICES

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    210/462
    Trade Feedback
    247 (100%)
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You can't withdraw PSC, you can only spend the money from the card at specific locations.

You just shouldn't deal with people who pay with Credit Cards on PayPal because otherwise, you can win every other dispute / claim as long as they paid with PayPal balance.
    ✅ CONTACT DETAILS ✅

✅ DISCORD: D3Boost#2193 ✅ SKYPE: d3pleveling

Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by D3Pleveling View Post
    You can't withdraw PSC, you can only spend the money from the card at specific locations.

You just shouldn't deal with people who pay with Credit Cards on PayPal because otherwise, you can win every other dispute / claim as long as they paid with PayPal balance.
    Is there really no way I can with the dispute made here? There has to be a way how a seller can win such an arguement. Selling your virtual items/currency and the buyer pays and then makes a chargeback right after, what can you do as a seller to get your money back?

Thanks G/R
    210/462
    Trade Feedback
    247 (100%)
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by crunk001 View Post
    Is there really no way I can with the dispute made here? There has to be a way how a seller can win such an arguement. Selling your virtual items/currency and the buyer pays and then makes a chargeback right after, what can you do as a seller to get your money back?
    If the payment was made with a Credit Card and the chargeback was through his CC issuer, then you have absolutely no way to win it unless you can provide a shipping with tracking & signature.
    ✅ CONTACT DETAILS ✅

Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way to protect yourself is to pick your customers carefully. If you don't trust them, they should pay via BTC or Western Union. If they won't do that, don't do business with them.

Chargebacks are part of the game, and something you should account for if you are doing high volume/turnover trading. If you are working in a more niche/selective market, then it really is just picking customers right.

10. Thanks crunk001 (1 members gave Thanks to Smitten for this useful post)
    Jaladhjin's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by crunk001 View Post
    I have just experienced a nasty chargeback over Paypal and thus will never again use Paypal. I've just contacted their support via phone and instantly got the reply, that they can not do anything, even though it was said that seller's protection for virtual goods is now active, when the case is in regards to an apparent unauthorized charge. Utter bullshit. I had my experiences with Paypal over ebay and this last issue right here is the nail in the coffin for this company for me.

I've looked into 'Sofortüberweisungen' here in the EU, which is a service that can link directly to a bank-account transfer. Does Skrill work the same or can you file a chargeback there aswell? I want a simple and un-refundable method to be able to sell my virtual goods/currency. I have no time for these children in mature bodies, playing tricks on eachother.

What payment methods are there I can use, as a seller of virtual items, that protect me against chargeback fraud?
    My information won't be any you'll like.. most of it anyway..

But it isn't the fault of the payment processor chargebacks happen.. it's a result of the pieces of shit floating around this world..

And stopping it.. is kind of like asking how can I stop someone from pick pocketing me on the street.. robbing my home ?

Bad people are going to do bad things.. there isn't a way to avoid that..

At the end of the day you take the risk with someone or you don't..

The usual checking their feedbacks on rep sites like these.. checking out the email & usernames you communicate with them on for scam reports on this or other sites.. & attempting to document the transaction as best you can are about all you can do..

Most people are too ignorant about BTC to use it.. & you've got things like double spends to worry about too..

Make no mistake.. anyone who tells you you can prevent chargebacks on PayPal by sending as a gift is a fool.. same with "put a note in saying items received I agree not to chargeback" won't hold up either..

Avoiding PayPal like the plague is only cheating yourself to be honest..

That's the trouble with the buying & selling game though.. isn't a lot of preventative measures you can take.. short of not proceeding with the transaction if you're uncomfortable.. or recourse after the fact on.. gray area questionable sorts of transactions..

At this point if you've read through it all you might be thinking something along the lines of.. "So I'm just ****ed then.. & you're telling me yup that's one of those things that happens from time to time.. great advice"

Sad to say yup.. that's about it..

Thanks G/R
    210/462
    Trade Feedback
    247 (100%)
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    On a side note, on the 29th of March 2017, PayPal will modify their buyer & seller protection policy, keep an eye on that.

As I said before and keep saying it, you CAN protect yourself as a seller from chargebacks if the payment was made with PayPal balance. If it was paid with a Credit Card then you have absolutely no chance for intangible goods & services.
    ✅ CONTACT DETAILS ✅

Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaladhjin View Post
    My information won't be any you'll like.. most of it anyway..

But it isn't the fault of the payment processor chargebacks happen.. it's a result of the pieces of shit floating around this world..

And stopping it.. is kind of like asking how can I stop someone from pick pocketing me on the street.. robbing my home ?

Bad people are going to do bad things.. there isn't a way to avoid that..

At the end of the day you take the risk with someone or you don't..

The usual checking their feedbacks on rep sites like these.. checking out the email & usernames you communicate with them on for scam reports on this or other sites.. & attempting to document the transaction as best you can are about all you can do..

Most people are too ignorant about BTC to use it.. & you've got things like double spends to worry about too..

Make no mistake.. anyone who tells you you can prevent chargebacks on PayPal by sending as a gift is a fool.. same with "put a note in saying items received I agree not to chargeback" won't hold up either..

Avoiding PayPal like the plague is only cheating yourself to be honest..

That's the trouble with the buying & selling game though.. isn't a lot of preventative measures you can take.. short of not proceeding with the transaction if you're uncomfortable.. or recourse after the fact on.. gray area questionable sorts of transactions..

At this point if you've read through it all you might be thinking something along the lines of.. "So I'm just ****ed then.. & you're telling me yup that's one of those things that happens from time to time.. great advice"

Sad to say yup.. that's about it..
    Oh yeah thats really no issue for me (any more). As soon as one is over once greed to sell stuff, one has patience. I encountered many individuals over ebay, for example, who asked if I could change payment methods away from direct debit to Paypal (for convenience, as said) but I did not and most of them left. And here I was then left with my mind, interpreting the situation and thinking that I did something wrong, all along all of those leaving could have been frauds.

Originally Posted by D3Pleveling View Post
    On a side note, on the 29th of March 2017, PayPal will modify their buyer & seller protection policy, keep an eye on that.

As I said before and keep saying it, you CAN protect yourself as a seller from chargebacks if the payment was made with PayPal balance. If it was paid with a Credit Card then you have absolutely no chance for intangible goods & services.
    The guy on the phone said that I cant do anything, if the apparant owner of the Ppal acc, from which the money was transfered away, claimed that someone has done an unauthorized charge. In this case ppal always sides the buyer. Does this include your statement or did I / he miss something / did not want to tell?