Thanks G/R
    22/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Gold-Making Profession(s) as of Now?

Yes, yes I know, I don't want to be "that guy", you're probably thinking "ugh, why can't he just Google", well, not many recent articles are out there telling me what is the most feasible profession to main for gold-making atm, all I've heard is most crafting professions are declining and selling Herbalism & Mining mats are the "way-to-go" and for some reason it just doesn't sound right to me. This thread can be beneficial for all viewing it, not just myself. So, what is the best gold-making profession(s) as of now?
    By daily dying I have come to be. ~Theodore Roethke

Best Gold-Making Profession(s) as of Now?
    Nidana's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's entirely true, but I'd say that you shouldn't pick both herbalism and mining since farming ores is a much bigger pain while the herbs are all around there.

Level a DK, get yourself a Sky Golem, pick herbalism/alchemy, gather herbs at 240% speed while mounted (assuming you've unlocked the Pathfinder achievement, 220% otherwise). Going tank spec makes you immune to daze so you never ever have to dismount. Path of Frost is also very, VERY useful to get across the rivers.
    Sell raw herbs or make potions/flasks which always sell for lots.

For example, a stack of Foxflower sells for 5k gold on my realm and takes 20 minutes to farm if you're lucky enough.

3. Thanks jackdanielsismyvitamin (1 members gave Thanks to Nidana for this useful post)
    advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1138
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nidana View Post
    That's entirely true, but I'd say that you shouldn't pick both herbalism and mining since farming ores is a much bigger pain while the herbs are all around there.

Level a DK, get yourself a Sky Golem, pick herbalism/alchemy, gather herbs at 240% speed while mounted (assuming you've unlocked the Pathfinder achievement, 220% otherwise). Going tank spec makes you immune to daze so you never ever have to dismount. Path of Frost is also very, VERY useful to get across the rivers.

For example, a stack of Foxflower sells for 5k gold on my realm and takes 20 minutes to farm if you're lucky enough.
    Thanks for that.

Is there any reason why you can't use a class trial for this rather than level a dk?
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Vamsial's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Path of frost is so awfully coded/bugged that 80% of the time it doesnt even work when youre mounted on skygolem.. Blizzard please -.-

Nidana's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Thanks for that.

Is there any reason why you can't use a class trial for this rather than level a dk?
    Haven't tried it, but at level 100 you're most likely to aggro everything around you and get rekt pretty fast :\

jackdanielsismyvitamin's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    22/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nidana View Post

Yeah sounds good and like what everyone is saying atm. Even the poll has 55% of votes on Herbalism. I leveled my main in WoD, an MM hunter (I actually hate hunter now), but used my 100 boost that came with legion on a restored previously deleted level 60 blood DK I had leveled in MoP, had him choose (unfortunately contrary to what you said to do) Mining and Herbalism as what was recommended on the WoW forums at the time, but I just hit 110 on my hunter and DK, haven't even finished the class order hall campaign, so I'm planning to finish that, and gear up a bit before making gold. Foxflower farming was a nice tip, thanks btw.

Thanks G/R
    22/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vamsial View Post
    Path of frost is so awfully coded/bugged that 80% of the time it doesnt even work when youre mounted on skygolem.. Blizzard please -.-
    Idk about Sky Golem, but I know for sure that I hAte falling damage with PoF, especially when I'm jumping from huge cliffs in HM / Suramar, I'm so used to hunter disengage XD.

frozenspell's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    11/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why a sky golem?

Thanks G/R
    22/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by frozenspell View Post
    Why a sky golem?
    "Mount a Sky Golem, allowing you to fly very fast. The claws are surprisingly delicate and herbalists can use them to pick herbs! This is a flying mount."

Source.

11. Thanks frozenspell (1 members gave Thanks to jackdanielsismyvitamin for this useful post)
    Dreamy's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You dont see Leatherworking as a profession anymore?

13. Thanks Sklug (1 members gave Thanks to Dreamy for this useful post)
    Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While it is not quite the gold-maker it used to be, I made about 15 million gold in PROFIT since Legion launch just from the Inscription profession and selling DMF trinkets. For the longest time I was moving trinkets that cost 20k to craft for 40-60k, pulling like 150-250k in profit a day. Unfortunately the market has finally been flooded and crashed, so trinkets are only like 15k a piece on my server now, but that was a huge money maker. That, coupled with glyph sales... It's kind of awesome, or at least used to be.

For consistent money though? Herbalism is probably your safest bet, but requires a massive time-sink. Alchemy is definitely what I would choose next. At the end of the day, having all professions with some kind of daily routine is really the best. I mean, I am still crafting 1x living steel xmute a day on my alch, which is essentially free gold for minimal effort.I am also doing Jade's Peculiar Energy still on my Engineer, even though that is a MoP spell. Why? Because, I can sell a Golem for 50k+ still on my server, and after 30 days, it's the equivalent of like 10k worth of mats, so it's just printing gold. Not a lot of gold, but you basically are just expanding your bottom line through effortless things like that.
    Last edited by Sklug; 01-12-2017 at 11:02 PM.

15. Thanks jackdanielsismyvitamin (1 members gave Thanks to Sklug for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    22/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    You dont see Leatherworking as a profession anymore?
    Kinda hard to fit everything when you only have 12 poll answers for entry. But yeah, that's why I included the option " not a profession / other"... emphasis on the "other".

Thanks G/R
    22/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sklug View Post
    While it is not quite the gold-maker it used to be, I made about 15 million gold in PROFIT since Legion launch just from the Inscription profession and selling DMF trinkets. For the longest time I was moving trinkets that cost 20k to craft for 40-60k, pulling like 150-250k in profit a day. Unfortunately the market has finally been flooded and crashed, so trinkets are only like 15k a piece on my server now, but that was a huge money maker. That, coupled with glyph sales... It's kind of awesome, or at least used to be.

For consistent money though? Herbalism is probably your safest bet, but requires a massive time-sink. Alchemy is definitely what I would choose next. At the end of the day, having all professions with some kind of daily routine is really the best. I mean, I am still crafting 1x living steel xmute a day on my miner, which is essentially free gold for minimal effort.
    Well said. As far as Herbalism goes, I think Starflowers and most crafting mats seem to "be it" atm in terms of profit made -> "effort put" *wink wink*.

Chimeon's Avatar Banned Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    11/5
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any alchemy gold making guides? and leveling? since I'm stucked at 825 :/