1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question about expac boxes

Basically, I said I wanted WoD for my birthday and I got an expansion box from my brother. He doesn't have 50$ to throw around like this, so I questioned him how he got it.
    He said he stole it from the store, not actually bought it, and that if I wasn't going to use it, he was.
    I want to return it, but I actually wonder if that it even worked? Because if it confirmed doesn't I can tell him and hopefully he doesn't do something like this again-- or use the box. : /

I have a question about expac boxes
    Miksu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    216/25
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so you want to return it to the store, but can you prove that you didnt steal the box? You can get in trouble if you cant prove that you didnt steal it.

Pyreclaw's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend works at the store that he stole it from, so if I just explain to her that he can't be allowed in the store again and that he took this it'll be fine.
    I have that part down, it's just I don't want my brother to take all the game boxes because he thinks it'll work-- he won't attempt to do it if he knows that the game codes don't work.
    TL;DR, ban brother from store.

Pyreclaw's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Miksu View Post
    Okay, so you want to return it to the store, but can you prove that you didnt steal the box? You can get in trouble if you cant prove that you didnt steal it.

'spose this died then. yay unanswered things!

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if your friend decides that her job is on the line for accepting stolen goods back without telling anyone, and decides to report your brother to the police? If they've already took a stock take and one is missing, its not like she can just magically make it appear again, they might think its her.

Just tell your brother not to do it again and keep it.

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gippy View Post
    What if your friend decides that her job is on the line for accepting stolen goods back without telling anyone, and decides to report your brother to the police? If they've already took a stock take and one is missing, its not like she can just magically make it appear again, they might think its her.

Just tell your brother not to do it again and keep it.
    This. It was stupid that he stole it, but if you don't want him and possibly others to lose their job, just don't report it. Similar thing happened at the Best Buy I work at (employee took a couple of games, returned them, got fired along with our asset protection guy)

keedorin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put the box back at the store without telling anyone? Unless you opened it >.>....

xcureanddisease's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    74/235
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok let me go ahead and fix this thread ::

OP: I stole a box from the store and im wondering if it works. I dont want to try to use it because I fear that they're gonna somehow realize its stolen and I dont want to get in trouble. Can someone here confirm if stolen WoD xpac boxes work on Battle Net? Thank you

Sincerely, OP.

Dear Op,

Throw it in the trash and stop stealing shit. If you cant afford it, save up, ask your parents, etc.

Sincerely,

Xcure

Pyreclaw's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Ok let me go ahead and fix this thread ::

OP: I stole a box from the store and im wondering if it works. I dont want to try to use it because I fear that they're gonna somehow realize its stolen and I dont want to get in trouble. Can someone here confirm if stolen WoD xpac boxes work on Battle Net? Thank you

Sincerely, OP.

Dear Op,

Throw it in the trash and stop stealing shit. If you cant afford it, save up, ask your parents, etc.

Sincerely,

Xcure
    Come back from vacation in Japan to see this got some replies! hoh boy here we go, quote #1

I pre-ordered WoD when it was first available. I don't have the reason to steal WoD, much less with all this "content" would I ever want too.
    Sorry you have to act immature and accuse me of stealing things, though I do suppose on the internet you can never tell. So I do understand your suspicion.
    Try again when you feel like not acting as a dumb 17 year old.

Originally Posted by phantom325 View Post
    This. It was stupid that he stole it, but if you don't want him and possibly others to lose their job, just don't report it. Similar thing happened at the Best Buy I work at (employee took a couple of games, returned them, got fired along with our asset protection guy)
    I'm pretty sure most town's don't work this way, but before I left for vacation I returned the box and all was well. He has mild autism, so she understood. It probably would have ended your way if he had used the code and such, but I didn't let him open the box. No damage was done.

I feel that is all I have needed to answer, hopefully he doesn't do this again. I have nothing to show him though to make him stop forever, so I'm just going to hope that all will be well in the future.