Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any one else get a final notice on a ban?

Just got one of these. Not really sure why as I was doing very little out of the ordinary apart
    from pvp terrain exploits in randoms.

Generally speaking I've managed to stay under the radar by avoiding competitive pvp and
    raiding, which are the only things Blizzard seem to actually care about much.

I noticed that they seem to have softward to auto-detect someone going out of the confines
    of a battleground now. I'm wondering if this was it. They also seem to be going after youtube
    channels/streamers. I'm wondering if any one is in a similar position or has any insight.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Any one else get a final notice on a ban?
    Cecu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    121/20
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is official blue regarding BG/Arena going out of the boundaries few days ago:

Flyhacks: We added some new functionality in 6.0 that lets us catch these much easier, by keeping track of areas that players should not be able to reach via normal means. If you do see someone who's gotten themselves to a location they shouldn't be, that just means we missed that particular spot. Let us know where it is (screenshots are super helpful!) and we can look into getting it fixed.
    From here -> Cheating, still - MMO-Champion BlueTracker

Trixiap's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    22/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure where I found link (probably HB forum), but it was blue post about new hack detection method implemented in last patch, that basically flag you if you get somewhere where you shouldn't be.

Edit: Cecu was faster

xcureanddisease's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    74/235
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all I see with that blue post:

"WE HAVE ADDED POWERFUL AND AWESOME NEW DETECTION METHODS BUT PLEASE REPORT FLY HACKING. I MEAN WE JUST INSTALLED THIS STATE OF THE ART DETECTION METHOD AND WE SHOULDN'T NEED REPORTS BUT PLEASE REPORT FLY HACKING"

seems legit.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    This is all I see with that blue post:

"WE HAVE ADDED POWERFUL AND AWESOME NEW DETECTION METHODS BUT PLEASE REPORT FLY HACKING. I MEAN WE JUST INSTALLED THIS STATE OF THE ART DETECTION METHOD AND WE SHOULDN'T NEED REPORTS BUT PLEASE REPORT FLY HACKING"

seems legit.
    Thanx for the responses guys, much appreciated.

With regard to fly hacking, I can actually see why that would require reports. They'll have some set of co-ords outside of which you can't go and will trigged a warning. But just because your flying you are not necessarily outside of those co-ords. For that reason they'll still need to verify more subtle uses of flyhacks.

Link*'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    23/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any explorers want to pitch in on this thread? I've not been able to play much lately, but this makes me a bit nervous. I've glitched into plenty of walls and been to zones or areas that aren't accessible to players and never heard a word about it, prior. I've never interfered with PvP, though.

Often times, I've fallen through the world by accident... I'm sure they can see that. I may have to be ever more careful now.
    Nothing is impossible.

Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Link* View Post
    Any explorers want to pitch in on this thread? I've not been able to play much lately, but this makes me a bit nervous. I've glitched into plenty of walls and been to zones or areas that aren't accessible to players and never heard a word about it, prior. I've never interfered with PvP, though.

Often times, I've fallen through the world by accident... I'm sure they can see that. I may have to be ever more careful now.
    It would be almost impossible to implement this software (assuming it does actually exist) for non-pvp instances or in-world. And, I don't believe they have any intention of doing so.

PVP exploration is probably off-limits, but all the maps have been throughly explorer by now. Stuff like CP probably doesn't set off any triggers anyway.
    Last edited by advanta; 04-14-2015 at 03:45 AM.

worianxun's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not been able to play much lately, but this makes me a bit nervous.

Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by worianxun View Post
    I've not been able to play much lately, but this makes me a bit nervous.
    Probably, the only thing that has changed is that you can't jump off-map of pvp instances any more without getting a ban.

Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by culino2 View Post
    For early BG starts they use simple client-side area triggers to teleport you back, they may have used the same method here if you're out of bounds. PvP cheating is nothing I care about though.
    I just noticed some disconnects with XYZ hacking in draenor, especially in trees.
    The teleport fields have been there for ages, at least two expansions. This sounds different. I don't think they are connected.

In WSG for example, if you wander back into the flag before the bg starts you get ported. Probably almost everyone has done that at some point. They can't be suspending/banning everyone.

Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by culino2 View Post
    Well basically it would make sense, no need to track the player position all the time, just let the client hit a trigger and execute a server-side script. Costs 0 server load just because of some explorers.
    That's what they also do with the flag, you also enter a area trigger. Server script just needs to check if the bg is started or not. Client sends a 4 byte trigger id and server checks your position. Area triggers are something you can block, but exploiters/explorers usually don't do that.

I didn't looked for new triggers in battlegrounds yet, mind telling me which bgs you have exploited?
    Thanks a lot for the info.

Well I've narrowed it down to wsg, twin peaks, arathi basin, gilneas, alterac...oh, yeah pretty much everything 'm afraid. Most likely it was wsg behind/above the ally base or possibly arathi lumber roof. WSG ally roof is a major problem for them because you can take the flag back there and close down a game. Arathi lumber mill roof makes it almost impossible for the enemy to take the flag.

With the exception of Arathi I was just exploring, I didn't actually obtain any game advantages. So they aren't checking out what you are doing, its a pretty crude detection method.

You could probably get someone banned by dragging them into a forbidden zone with swapblaster, leap of faith, or maybe even on an enemy with death grip or MC. Which would create far worse problems than they currently have to deal with. Not sure they thought this through.

crunk001's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Just got one of these. Not really sure why as I was doing very little out of the ordinary apart
    from pvp terrain exploits in randoms.

Generally speaking I've managed to stay under the radar by avoiding competitive pvp and
    raiding, which are the only things Blizzard seem to actually care about much.

I noticed that they seem to have softward to auto-detect someone going out of the confines
    of a battleground now. I'm wondering if this was it. They also seem to be going after youtube
    channels/streamers. I'm wondering if any one is in a similar position or has any insight.
    What kind of "final notice info" did you get? There is currently an email going around which is faked very well. Check the sender.

Cecu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    121/20
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I've narrowed it down to wsg, twin peaks, arathi basin, gilneas, alterac...oh, yeah pretty much everything 'm afraid. Most likely it was wsg behind/above the ally base or possibly arathi lumber roof. WSG ally roof is a major problem for them because you can take the flag back there and close down a game. Arathi lumber mill roof makes it almost impossible for the enemy to take the flag.

With the exception of Arathi I was just exploring, I didn't actually obtain any game advantages. So they aren't checking out what you are doing, its a pretty crude detection method.

You could probably get someone banned by dragging them into a forbidden zone with swapblaster, leap of faith, or maybe even on an enemy with death grip or MC. Which would create far worse problems than they currently have to deal with. Not sure they thought this through.
    The last ideas make sense, if they have scripted the flag&suspend stuff completely automatic.

If such trick became popular in the community, with streaming or so, the Blizzard Community Staff could have some really bad days with their usual behavior to not check the suspended accounts after appeal, but just throwing random silly answer out of the pool.

But such "detection" mechanics should have noticeable traces in the game client, if I'm not wrong.

Thy_Warden's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You read my mind; getting others banned and so forth, better them than you. Plus all I see is a scare tactic, to get people to stop hacking, why else would they insist on needing help with their new state of the art system they spoke about lol?
    I am known as The Red Warden, the exploiter and formerly part of the original 8.

crunk001's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the fake one recently:

***Notice of Account Closure***

Account Name: [email protected]
    Reason for Closure: Terms of Use Violation -- Exploitative Activity: Abuse of the Economy

This account was closed because one or more characters were identified exchanging, or contributing to the exchange of, in-game property (items or gold) for "real-world" currency. This exchange process negatively impacts the World of Warcraft game environment by detracting from the value of the in-game economy.

Even if this is the result of account sharing, the account owner can still be held responsible for the penalty because of the impact it had on the game environment.

We've found the above behavior is many times directly related to groups responsible for compromising World of Warcraft accounts; we take these issues very seriously. To better understand our position against exploitative activity and the risks involved, please review this article: Impact of Buying Gold - Shop - World of Warcraft

The exploitative activity that took place on this account violates the World of Warcraft Terms of Use. We ask you take a moment to review these terms at Blizzard Entertainment:Blizzard Legal Documentation. Note that additional Terms of Use violations may result in more severe actions against this account, up to and including permanent closure.

If you believe your account was compromised, please go to the following website https://us.battle.net/account/suppor...-recovery.html. Our support staff will assist you as soon as possible.
    Regards,

Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast