Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Start Fresh in WoW

Hello folks and please bear with me for this rather long read

With this new Blizzard sale, I want to buy a fresh account and consolidate my 90s into that account. Here's the thing: I am a very skilled and accomplished raider, and I am popular. Now I know my guildies well enough to know they are obsessed with tracking sites like WoWProgress and Guildox.... guys, I am no ninja, I am no troll or anything like that - I just can't handle the pressure of raiding, of being popular or anything like that. I won't just go grimy and drop on them, but I want to tell them I am retiring and plan to delete my char. They will ask why, and tell me that the raid team depends on me (and they do tbh) but I just wanna go - I have been wanting to quit this limelight stuff since 5.4 dropped and I still made it 9 mos in but at some point I have to consider my happiness and mental health, too.

That brings me to the meat of this. My main -- yeah, I have sank thousands of hours into her. I have over 95% of the recipes for both profs, crazy titles, heroic boss kills from all tiers of MoP. I mean my toon is pretty much uber. Plus, tbh, I really like the char -- I don't just wanna lose her and start over. So how can I transfer her and hide from all those sites that show your transfers? Can I undress her, leave her naked for a week so it confuses the tracking sites? What if I transfer her to the fresh account with a toon from another account so it can mix up the FoS and achievements? Should I crate all my battle pets? I would hate to lose my profs, but would unlearning them help? What can I do?

If I can be tracked no matter that, can you guys give me some tips that at least makes it harder.

If it helps:

I know Guildox tracks
    I know WoWProgress tracks
    I know there are other tracking sites like wowtrack.com (or something like that)
    I have on many occasions been a ranked player on WoL and have been told that makes it harder to hide
    Last edited by Witchesway; 06-28-2014 at 01:55 AM.

How to Start Fresh in WoW
    Augury13's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    424/74
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you want to transfer your toon without anyone knowing your transferring? or i don't really know what you are asking for help here for. Please make a tl;dr so us people trying to help can actually understand what you are saying.

BlueAura's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see why you can't just tell them. If you've been close with them for a while, it shouldn't be a hard thing to do.
    Ie: Thanks for all the fun and good times, but I need to throw in the towel as I want to move onto other things. Thanks for everything, blah blah.

XFiFiX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to: Discover the Legendary Planet Nexus | WildStar®
    Buy an account
    Enjoy your life again. They will never find you here >:]
    P.S. I think I have a spare friend key if you want to try it.. (Bloodsworn PVP - Exile Faction)

Witchesway's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tmanowen View Post
    So you want to transfer your toon without anyone knowing your transferring? or i don't really know what you are asking for help here for. Please make a tl;dr so us people trying to help can actually understand what you are saying.

My apologies if I wasn't clear:

I want to transfer toon from one account to another

How do I do this with my main WITHOUT having her followed or tracked

++++++++

Nowadays, thanks to sites like Guildox and WoWProgress and how they work with account wide achievements, it is easy to track someone even if they transfer servers, ACCOUNTS and change their name. How do I avoid this? I have been told there are ways to at least make it harder on them. How?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BlueAura View Post
    I don't see why you can't just tell them. If you've been close with them for a while, it shouldn't be a hard thing to do.
    Ie: Thanks for all the fun and good times, but I need to throw in the towel as I want to move onto other things. Thanks for everything, blah blah.
    Yes, Thanks - but, respectfully, that does absolutely nothing to help me. Again:

"I won't just go grimy and drop on them, but I want to tell them I am retiring and plan to delete my char. They will ask why, and tell me that the raid team depends on me (and they do tbh) but I just wanna go."

I don't wanna be followed, tracked, contacted for old time's sake, or anything like that. Is that possible while keeping my main?

Originally Posted by XFiFiX View Post
    Go to: Discover the Legendary Planet Nexus | WildStar®
    Buy an account
    Enjoy your life again. They will never find you here >:]
    P.S. I think I have a spare friend key if you want to try it.. (Bloodsworn PVP - Exile Faction)

Thanks, but I already own WildStar. This is about WoW.

Dirrrty's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get what you want, you don't want to stop playing but you don't want to play at the level you're at, right? Transferring to another account is easy as long as the registered account names are the same. That can't change. You can then change/create your battle tag on your new account (if you leave a character on the old account that battle tag won't be logged in again and will display time away etc. so they won't have new battle tag. I don't think all you fos and ach's will come to new account, some mounts and pets won't transfer either so your new account will look quite different. Change characters name/realm/faction, not sure if changing the name before or after transfer is best. Not sure if that helps atall, sounds like a guild bank raid to me :-)

JhonnyQ's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    12/74
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get some Balls. Are you afraid of nerdrage? Do whatever you want. Just leave the guild, say ****off and transfer the server. Nothing they can do about. And what if they track you? Make a posting in your realmforum and tell the other ppl on the server how shitty your behaviour is? Who cares? Ppl will response with "tl;dr". And you're not famous. Maybe some ppl are jerking to your gear and title, but you're not famous. I bought everything in the Bmah, everybody knew me, i got banned, nobody realized, nobody cares. You don't have any reponsibility for anything. It's a game and you're a free person and if you're done, you're ****ing done. Besides you said it pretty clear in your first post: "I can't handle it". Tell you're guild "you can't handle it", you're decision is made, and if they try to convince you, you just say "respect my decision, i'm done and deal with it". If they still try to convince you or act like smelly ass, than you can be happy that you quit. Wasting time for kids is not good.

As I said, get some balls.

Dirrrty's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha!! Or what he said ^^

rapidfirex's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea.. Stop being a fag and man up. Just tell the GM you need to talk.. Tell him you cant balance RL with WoW anymore and you are going to have to step down. Tell him you will raid with him for the need two weeks so he has time to find a replacement and get on with your life.

BTW.. You are way to full of your in game self. Get some IRL friends already.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dirrrty View Post
    I get what you want, you don't want to stop playing but you don't want to play at the level you're at, right? Transferring to another account is easy as long as the registered account names are the same. That can't change. You can then change/create your battle tag on your new account (if you leave a character on the old account that battle tag won't be logged in again and will display time away etc. so they won't have new battle tag. I don't think all you fos and ach's will come to new account, some mounts and pets won't transfer either so your new account will look quite different. Change characters name/realm/faction, not sure if changing the name before or after transfer is best. Not sure if that helps atall, sounds like a guild bank raid to me :-)
    Thank You - I'll keep that in mind.

Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    Get some Balls. Are you afraid of nerdrage? Do whatever you want. Just leave the guild, say ****off and transfer the server. Nothing they can do about. And what if they track you? Make a posting in your realmforum and tell the other ppl on the server how shitty your behaviour is? Who cares? Ppl will response with "tl;dr". And you're not famous. Maybe some ppl are jerking to your gear and title, but you're not famous. I bought everything in the Bmah, everybody knew me, i got banned, nobody realized, nobody cares. You don't have any reponsibility for anything. It's a game and you're a free person and if you're done, you're ****ing done. Besides you said it pretty clear in your first post: "I can't handle it". Tell you're guild "you can't handle it", you're decision is made, and if they try to convince you, you just say "respect my decision, i'm done and deal with it". If they still try to convince you or act like smelly ass, than you can be happy that you quit. Wasting time for kids is not good.

As I said, get some balls.

Look, man, the whole keyboard warrior thing ain't my shtick. Telling people to "****off" from behind a computer screen is not "growing balls" ... quite the contrary, actually. Again, I reiterate, I will tell them I am leaving, but after doing so, I would just like to do so in private. Assume I am some guild ninja, moving to MoonGuard to ERP, some troll... whatever. All I simply want is to know how to transfer in private, you know why? BECAUSE I AM A PRIVATE PERSON! Enough.

Also, I never said I was "famous." I said I was popular there's a difference and I do believe it pays to know so that in the future you don't make these little mistakes because they don't reflect well upon your intellect. I mean, really, man... the OP is not the writings of GWF Hegel. Look, to save myself some writing, I'll give you this link which explains the difference between popular and famous -- maybe it'll help:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...5002224AASgAmi

^^If that's "TL;DR" for you, let me give you an example:

The quarterback for my high school football team is popular

Joe Montana is famous

Thank You.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by rapidfirex View Post
    Yea.. Stop being a fag and man up. Just tell the GM you need to talk.. Tell him you cant balance RL with WoW anymore and you are going to have to step down. Tell him you will raid with him for the need two weeks so he has time to find a replacement and get on with your life.

BTW.. You are way to full of your in game self. Get some IRL friends already.

*She throws her hands up in frustration*

That's it. Too many immature little boys here. Just wow....
    Last edited by Witchesway; 06-28-2014 at 04:39 AM.

Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an ex-member of a few Top 5 US guilds who wanted to get away from it all:

Hiding from most websites:

Log on to each of your characters. Interface > Display > check "Display Only Character Achievements to Others"

I know Guildox tracks

Step 1) Register an account on Guildox.com

Step 2) Go to your character page.

Step 3) Click "[Hide My Character Migration and Alts from all visitors]"

Step 4) Now hidden!

I know WoWProgress tracks

Step 1) register on wowprogress.com, type in main characters name at registration process

Step 2) Click link in email, you'll be told that "Activation has been completed successfully.", and given a link to "Your Profile"

Step 3) Click Your Profile link and click the "Confirm" button for your character.

Step 4) You'll be asked to unequip certain pieces of your gear. Log into the game, do so and log back out, then click "Check"

Step 5) Go back to Login Form :: WoWProgress - World of Warcraft Rankings

Step 6) Check "Hide Transfers"

Step 7) Done

Transferring:

Step 1) When you transfer, make sure the option I talked about in the first section is checked.

Step 2) On your destination realm, have someone on another account take your character name so you'll be forced to name change

Step 3) Rename all your battle pets that you've given names.

Step 4) Remove Battletag/Real ID of all people you don't want to know your alts, or you think would tell people you don't want to know your alts.

Step 5) Transfer to realm of your choice.

Step 6) If any ex-guild members or anyone you want to get away from whisper you, IMMEDIATELY ignore them and DO NOT REPLY. If they make an alt to whisper you again, that's now considered harassment by Blizzard, and by ignoring right away and not replying, you're following the standards they set out and you can report them.

Enjoy your trouble-free WoW life.

For bonus points, race change.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ 4096xoqt

I pretty much gave up on this thread, but just peeked my head back in here to see if someone with their wits about them happened to post - and thank god someone did... you. I wanted to take a minute to really thank you for your maturity, understanding, and most importantly, your time. You really helped to clarify what I already knew and you also gave me some very good tips that I did not know. I will follow your direction to the letter.

What you see here in this thread is just a part of the research I have done while learning how to maintain some privacy for my avatars in WoW. Thank you for being a positive part of my learning experience . Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

To the rest of you:

tl;dr: The Titanic didn't make it to New York.

From the monumental like my personal thoughts or the contents of my safe, to the mundane like where my WoW toons are transferring, I hold privacy high. I know WoW relationships are often not worth a plug nickel and chances are those guildies are gonna say, "Oh, she just transferred to [whatever server]" and leave it at that, but I would STILL rather have it private. Besides, a part of me just wants to start fresh in a social but not technical sense. I want to just go somewhere where I have my main that I've "worked" so hard on, but where no one knows me.

I am no gbank thief thief, I am no troll, and I have caused no drama in my guild. My worst offense in WoW is being a botting addict. I have always been a very respectful player who has never looked down her nose on others just because they aren't above average gamers. All I want is to get away from the charts, logs, the guild meetings; the elitist attitudes, and most of all the damn testosterone of the raiding scene. I want to do that and become a simple LFR hero when WoD hits.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am just posting an update here, mainly for 4096xoqt, but instead of sending him a private message I will just add it to this thread that way if someone is searching out how to keep transfers private they can feel confident that what 4096xoqt says in post #13 of this thread works.

Let me briefly add: Be careful on Guildox, that's one topnotch stalker site.

I am so happy to be away from those pubescent, sexually depraved raiders whose only taste of ***** came the day they were born. I got sick and tired of all the logs, required this and that, elitism, folks acting like those little boys in post 8 and 10 of this thread and people believing that just because I am female gamer I deserve to be treated better than the guys and that doing so will somehow get them laid.

So. ****ing. Done.With all of it.

4096xoqt as a testament to how well this worked, yesterday I checked my guild's forums and just as I suspected a few of them mentioned they used stalker sites to try to locate me and they got nothing. Like I said, I never stole, caused drama or trolled. I kept to myself, did my job and did it very well. Still, if I say to the GM and other officers in guildchat "I am leaving thanks for having me" and after being asked where I am transferring to I say "I would rather keep that private" and they try to look me up anyway... yes, I am happy I went through the trouble of hiding everything. When someone just leaves like that, that means they want to be left alone. I am just some random chick on the internet... I feel sorry for whatever poor girl breaks up with guys like that IRL. They, like a few here I suspect, are probably the type of person who'd hide in the bushes, wait till you went to work, break into your apartment and sniff your dirty underwear.

Sure I could have "got balls" (lol, I would rather not), and went all keyboard Dirty Harry telling them to "**** off" but the best thing one can do to a nosy person is deny them that which they want most... information. It is my hope that someone who wishes to maintain privacy even in an activity as trivial as WoW finds this thread and is able to transfer in peace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast