0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeweled Onyx Panther mats/cost?

anyone know the approximate cost for maknig a jeweled onyx panther? I know it cost 4 of the other mounts, so i guess i should be asking how much they cost in total? i am considering flipping on but not sure if the price i am seeing is legit. i'd hate to buy it and find out the price is going to drop on these very soon or that they are being compromised somehow.

Jeweled Onyx Panther mats/cost?
    Thatfatninja's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, really depends on your professions, and the state of your Server's AH. For me, it costs me 18k to make the different Panther mounts, I will explain how. Due to me being in a level 25 guild, you get some prices off. It costs me 18k for Orb of Mystery - Item - World of Warcraft, and due to me also being a miner, I get the Gems for free. I also prospect all the Ghost Iron Ore I get, to have my chance at getting Lapis Lazuli - Item - World of Warcraft, which I get my Alchemist friend to transmute into River's Heart - Item - World of Warcraft (The Blue Panther for example). The Living Steel as well, I get the Trillium Ore, turn them into Bars then get my friend to transmute them. 1 per day, a total of 4 days to make this mount. That means 72k CHEAPEST to make this mount. But that's only in my case. They will be selling it for over 120k+ in some instances, but that is how much it costs.

jamesgreen's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really shouldnt consider the mats you farm yourself as free because technically thats costing you your time and in accounting there is a term called "opportunity cost" which represent the money you would have made if you sold those mats on the AH. Having said that, thanks for the info on these mounts and good description of the mats. +rep for the help
    Last edited by jamesgreen; 10-23-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Marceth's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time for some number crunching.
    18k for one orb of mystery 4 living ghost iron bars~1k (server dependent) 20 gems of the same color range 250-1250 (dependent on color and server) and two serpent eyes which is really cheap but it's dependent once again on server. for my server it's like 7g but then it spikes up to 250g per its pretty bipolar. so if we add all that up that's...
    18,000+1,000+1,250+500=20,750 roughly so we have our base for one panther. So just multiple that by four 20,750x4=83,000 gold for one jeweled panther mat cost.

Owning's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jamesgreen View Post
    You really shouldnt consider the mats you farm yourself as free because technically thats costing you your time and in accounting there is a term called "opportunity cost" which represent the money you would have made if you sold those mats on the AH. Having said that, thanks for the info on these mounts and good description of the mats. +rep for the help
    I mean, your saving gold by farming it yourself, so it technically balances out, as well as chances of procs to make more gold. Should just focus on his main thing of CHEAPEST 72k