Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Account dispute, am I screwed on this one?!

Hi guys!

I recently bought a WoW account from a kid which have bought from the previous owner. I called Blizzard and since the previous account name was fictional I sent them my documents and stuff to get it in my name.

Now the account is blocked, I can't log-in in game but I have full-access to it into the Battle.net. I have full-filled the form with all account informations, have the authenticator attached to my phone and e-mail and secret answer of it. The secret answer is only shared by me and the kid I bought the account from, the first owner doesn't have that. The kid didn't reclaimed the account, just talked to him after he read my e-mail and called me giving all the support, he has no intentions to get it back and doesn't even know how to call Blizzard (The reclaims were made by phone!).

With an open ticket to end the dispute with the form and my drivers license attached, the guy called them again to ask the dispute again, is there any chances for him to reclaim it back from being the first Owner?! I don't know if the account was named with his real name before the kid who sold me got it, so I am very inclined to believe that I will lose the account.

Any thoughts about how I can stop him or since I violated TOS the first owner can simply reclaim it and kaput?!

Thanks for your thoughts,

- Wolf, Reignwolf.

Account dispute, am I screwed on this one?!
    Mannyste's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have 0 rights to the account and the first owner can reclaim the account any time he/she pleases if the first name and surname match the photo ID.

Buying and selling wow accounts is agaisnt the TOS so there you go.

I think that's how it works anyway.. but i still see players buying and selling accounts so there might actually be a different way of doing it

Reignwolf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But today the account has my full name on it, the original owner had a nickname as the first name and the second owner changed for another nick name, at the end I changed it to my real name and there it is. I opened a ticket with my ID which matches with the account, and have my Credit Card and PayPal also with the same name of the account attached to it, I know the secret answer(the first owner doesn't) and I have an authenticator attached to it, do I have a chance?

acekicker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at this point im sure the account is at the least flagged from all the activity. from what im gathering, this is the second time the name is trying to (is) changed? any competent customer support will realize what is happening as soon as the OO tries to reclaim it. Even if the account is in your name now, the ticket to change the name on the account is in the system, when they see the ticket to change it and then see the OO is contacting them also..

however, the OO did have a nickname as a first name, so the name wont match exactly. what a strange predicament you have found!

Reignwolf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by acekicker View Post
    at this point im sure the account is at the least flagged from all the activity. from what im gathering, this is the second time the name is trying to (is) changed? any competent customer support will realize what is happening as soon as the OO tries to reclaim it. Even if the account is in your name now, the ticket to change the name on the account is in the system, when they see the ticket to change it and then see the OO is contacting them also..

however, the OO did have a nickname as a first name, so the name wont match exactly. what a strange predicament you have found!
    That's why I still have hope, the account itself wasn't that expensive at all, but from what it have and by the fact I just bought MoP on it, it wouldn't be easy to lose it for the OO that sold the account.

I hope that from my purchases using the credit card that is owned by me, they see me as the potential costumer and rightful claimer for what I spent, if not, well, lesson learned, never waste money on WoW again. GW2, Tera or TL2 will be my jump.

Thanks for your reply, I'll keep you guys updated.