0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking into getting into gold selling to afford new computer

So I'm looking into selling a large portion of my main accounts gold to people privately or to a website so i can afford a new computer. I've sold privately to friends and family in the past, but never to someone i wasn't able to see face to face, so I'm a little worries about being scammed. Any advice for avoiding scams, getting banned(IE - best ways to transfer gold from myself to another person in large amounts), where to look for people interested in buying gold, and what websites will buy gold. I've tried IGE, they never replies, and i've tried Offgamers, but they only take so much gold for certain servers?

Also i would be interested in doing anything else game related to earn funding for my computer, so any advice on that would be helpful. Thanks in advance~

Looking into getting into gold selling to afford new computer
    cball76's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you have come to the right place (mmowned.com) but maybe not the right forum. Scroll down a bit more and go to

World of Warcraft Buy Sell Trade

There you will see threads of buyers/sellers. Some are individuals, some websites. You can get a sense of what websites are legit and make a decision of how you want to sell.

Good luck.

hockeyfan4life's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also try playerauctions.com, although it takes a while to set up an account and set up the sale, they have insurance and a really good setup, ive sold accounts and gold with them before and never had a problem.

nerfmeplease's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/9
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you accept paypal as payment, make sure they send the payment as a GIFT, this is much harder to dispute, if at all. the reasons are if they send money as a good or service, then dispute it, you must provide shipping information to not lose the money, if you cant (which is impossible for gold sales), you're screwed. also, make them post in your WTS ad on their account so you can see their status on MMOwned.

QtDemon's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    50/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't think this would be actually possible, i was trying the same thing, but i just can't make enough gold to do that, even botting everynight. I'm not a spender at all, i have around 110k atm, but i'd need like 500k to sell to afford a computer. :| How exactly are you planning on making gold? I'd love to know to help me out too. :s

lxhackdxl's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, if you are looking to sell gold to afford even a decent computer, you would need hundreds of thousands of gold to sell off dude. Trust me, i do it as a SMALL time business. The price right now if you were to sell gold is roughly $.88/1k. You would need at LEAST a million gold to buy a "decent" computer. Just a heads up from some one who has been doing it for a while. The Market has gone down SO much and will continue to decline : /

QtDemon's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    50/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lxhackdxl View Post
    Honestly, if you are looking to sell gold to afford even a decent computer, you would need hundreds of thousands of gold to sell off dude. Trust me, i do it as a SMALL time business. The price right now if you were to sell gold is roughly $.88/1k. You would need at LEAST a million gold to buy a "decent" computer. Just a heads up from some one who has been doing it for a while. The Market has gone down SO much and will continue to decline : /
    Whoa o-o. Whats your definition of 'decent'? at .75/1k a computer i'm looking for is 660k gold. Probably not the best, but it looks okay.

sunflash2009's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am trying the same thing and i have some questions aswell

1.in order to not get scammed i need the payment on paypal to be as a gift right ?
    2.do i need to make a new account , other then my main account in order to not get banned if blizz tracks gold on accounts ?
    3.do i need the buyer to send me a mail from the email attached to the paypal account ?
    4.do i need to do anything else in order to avoid getting scammed on the money sent on paypal ?