0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible lawsuit or empty threats?

Company this thread involves is Buy WoW Account, Sell WoW Accounts, Buy Aion Account.

A while back I had sold my EU World of Warcraft account to Toonstorm.com for a price of $44. The sale had gone smoothly and no problems had occurred, I just carried on with my life and forgot about the account. One day though, a good friend of mine had got scammed by Toonstorm for quite a bit of money and he told me about it. I decided to take out revenge on Toonstorm by re-calling my WOW account. So, a month later I had re-called my account and then again, for the second time, sold it back to Toonstorm.com for a payment of $129 this time. So in total I have $173 from them....

Last week I had AGAIN for the 3rd time re-called the account, this time for no particular reason other than greed and stupidity, I admit. I then tried to re-sell it to the same company, Toonstorm.com, for a third time. Everything went smooth until they called me for security purposes to confirm everything as most companies do. Then, just before the call ended, the woman on the line caught me. She said she knows I have re-called the account 3 times and sold it to them twice and tried to sell it to them again for a third time. She said I have to pay them back a total of $173 and if I do, I will get my account back and nothing will be filed against me. Although, she said if I didn't, she would pass the case onto the companies legal team. Does this mean they can sue me? Are their threats real or empty?

So I want to know if they can actually do something? Or would they actually do something for $173? If I can recall, they have quite a lot of evidence on their system plus a lot of details from me such as name, address, telephone, paypal and even a copy of my passport...

So guys, all answers or suggestions as to what I should do are very much appreciated. Should I just ignore them? Should I pay back? It's illegal for them to buy accounts and the account isn't 'theirs' as they say, it's Blizzards, so do they have a case?

Thanks
    Last edited by [Lucky]; 07-13-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Possible lawsuit or empty threats?
    Aldun's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an empty threat.

Zoidberg's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blizzard owns all accounts, aka you didn't steal anything, and you never sold anything.
    So I don't think they can sue you or harm you.

Abra su mente a la realidad.
    Do NOT contact me about trading section stuff. Contact a section MOD instead.

EveronMightbane's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah you'll be fine.. After all they are violating Blizzard's TOS just being there..

Zoidberg's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Blizzards TOS:

No Ownership Rights in Account

NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN ANY ACCOUNT STORED OR HOSTED ON A BLIZZARD SYSTEM, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY BNET ACCOUNT OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO SUCH ACCOUNTS ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF BLIZZARD.
    As I said before, you didn't steal any property, and they didn't pay for any property.
    But I'm not a lawyer.

Abra su mente a la realidad.
    Do NOT contact me about trading section stuff. Contact a section MOD instead.

240287's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of mine is a lawyer, I've basically gone through the same as you [Lucky]. They won't do anything to you, because they simply can't. As Zoidberg said: "Blizzard owns all accounts".

piree's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tell her they are wasting money on the companies legal team, they can't make a case because they never had anything.

Traxex84's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by piree View Post
    Just tell her they are wasting money on the companies legal team, they can't make a case because they never had anything.
    I doubt said legal team exists.

[Lucky]'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had already made a payment to them to give them back the money but because of what you all said, I think i'm going to the bank tomorrow morning to cancel it. I had sent them a scanned image of the receipt the bank gave me so i'll let them dwell on that for a while lol.... Do you think it would cause further problems if I canceled the payment? Like could they have a case and say I was going to pay because I knew I was wrong and then I canceled it? Or am I just over thinking?

Thanks for your responses guys!

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laugh at them, Tell them to Lick your knob and go sell it to another company

CursedOne's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehVoyager View Post
    Laugh at them, Tell them to Lick your knob and go sell it to another company
    &+ recall again ^^
    Great place for farming Elementium ore!
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/guides/326662-elementium-ore-farming-elementium-depths-twilight-highlands-roughly-300-ore-run.html

[Lucky]'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also guys, have any of you heard of a site such as Toonstorm prosecuting people for cases similar to mine? Are you guys near enough sure they are bluffing? :/
    I'm kinda scared to take the risk, I'm scared of what they would do although I'm only 17 and $173 is a lot for me.

jericco's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They cant sue you for anything, as stated before you do not own the account and neither do they. They don't have a case for anything... their site is illegal and to be safe stop keeping in contact with them.