Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Help]Transferring Characters between accounts with different names?

Okay, so a bit of backstory before I ask my question..

Back in BC I had a 70 Shaman, who I also got glad on in s2, I quit that character and decided I never wanted to play it again, a friend offered me gold for it and i agreed and he transferred it off onto an account under my name. When bnet came round he wanted to merge it, and i still had no desire to play it so I said I didn't mind and he did it.

Fast forward to now and he no longer plays that character, and I want to pick up the shaman again for Cataclysm. Problem is that it is on his bnet account under his name. I realize that I could probably get it recalled back to an account under my name, but I'm concerned that would result in his account getting banned.(We are still good friends).

My goal is to get it on to an account under my name, as the alternative is transferring the shaman onto a new account under his name, which would mean I'd have to pay for two accounts(I wish to play a warrior on my account in Cataclysm as well).

So is there anyway I could go about fixing this? I thought about ringing up Billing and saying that my other account with the shaman "accidently" got merged with my friends account and now it's under my friends name and I can't transfer it back. But I'm not sure how that would fly and how the "accidently" would sound.

[Help]Transferring Characters between accounts with different names?
    7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cant be done.. not without accusing him of stealing it wich would indeed get him banned.

if you guys are friends though.. I dont see why you couldnt play it on his account

Zing's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 7itanium View Post
    cant be done.. not without accusing him of stealing it wich would indeed get him banned.

if you guys are friends though.. I dont see why you couldnt play it on his account
    He still plays the account on a different character, so the only recourse if that's the case is to play it on another acc in his name, but I'd have to pay for another account which would be the suck. I just read that Blizzard has unmerged accounts before (and merged right onto another account in that name). Is that still possible?

tiesmik's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or then level up a new one. its so ridiciliously easy..

Zing's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tiesmik View Post
    or then level up a new one. its so ridiciliously easy..
    Gladiator is not so easy.