Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Private moncai's Avatar
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    CoreCoins
    0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)

    WoW gold buying, without being banned. - possible?

    Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong subforum, wasn't exactly sure where to place it. I was wondering about the area of buying gold, and how to prevent being banned. Currently I have a mule account with only very low level characters; and then my main account with my main etc. on it. If I buy gold on the mule, and then transfer it to my main account. (Again by trading etc.) Is there still a chance to be caught?

    Thanks for any help on this, or other ways of preventing being banned.

  2. #2
    Elite drone Trollblod's Avatar
    Reputation
    433
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    REBORN!
    Posts
    1,682
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    CoreCoins
    107
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    There is no such thing as buying wow gold with 100% safety, however, you can get away with it without being banned, but that's just luck Blizzard can track the gold, so if it goes like farmer - mule - you, they can still see who got it in the end.


  3. #3
    Private moncai's Avatar
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    CoreCoins
    0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    But they would have a much weaker argument to ban me with if I took this path? Considering I would'nt have got it straight from the farmer. As I'm sure they would investigate the character it came from. Any other tips for not getting banned?

  4. #4
    Sergeant Major Serae's Avatar
    Reputation
    55
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    163
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    CoreCoins
    7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Low chance of getting banned. I know many who buy/sell. Don't worry.

  5. #5
    Private moncai's Avatar
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    CoreCoins
    0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Either way, the way I might do it was put up a load of items that are cheap to make but still expensive (glyphs?) and then buy them on the mule.

  6. #6
    Elite drone Trollblod's Avatar
    Reputation
    433
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    REBORN!
    Posts
    1,682
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    CoreCoins
    107
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moncai View Post
    But they would have a much weaker argument to ban me with if I took this path? Considering I would'nt have got it straight from the farmer. As I'm sure they would investigate the character it came from. Any other tips for not getting banned?
    Yup, chance will be smaller, and its already small, but it will ALWAYS be there.


  7. #7
    Banned Exigious's Avatar
    Reputation
    34
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    87
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    CoreCoins
    0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Whenever I buy gold, I give them some junk green and say something like: "Thanks for letting me borrow the gold".

  8. #8
    Banned R11tz0r's Avatar
    Reputation
    54
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in Europe
    Posts
    191
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    CoreCoins
    0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    The Blizzard EULA says that you can't trade ingame currency, items etc for real money.
    Well i know many that already bought gold and never had any problems, IMO, you won't have any problem, since there are no evidence that you actualy payed for that gold!
    It would be unfair if they would ban you without proff that you actually payed for that, i mean, back in the Vanilla a guildm8, once logged his wow account we were talkin' over TS and he just started to shout like crazy(back then was really hard to get much gold) he had recieved 5000g over the mail.
    Obviously it was a mistake of the chinese farmer, what now? It would be really unfair to ban him if he didnt had payed for that.
    A few months ago i recieved in the mail 20 Uncutted Red Gems, the guy made a mistake when mailing them, what now? Should i be banned?

  9. #9
    Banned mmogolds's Avatar
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    CoreCoins
    0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    I agree with moncai, use a low level characters accept the gold, and then to my main character. once i bought from WGT Online , they tell me do that . no banned, safe.

  10. #10
    Contributor Sensisativa's Avatar
    Reputation
    143
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    404 - Not Found
    Posts
    524
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    CoreCoins
    34
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmogolds View Post
    I agree with moncai, use a low level characters accept the gold, and then to my main character. once i bought from WGT Online , they tell me do that . no banned, safe.
    If you are going to do that it has to be a low level on a second account, if it's on the same account there is no point in not using your main, as they ban by account not by toon. I buy my gold http://www.gameusd.com Great service and cheap prices, I've also always added something into the trade or worded the chat to look like I was receiving the money as my share in a gdkp run.

  11. #11
    Banned CoreCoins User Razkaz's Avatar
    Reputation
    11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    264
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    CoreCoins
    5003
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    There is about 2% chance to get banned for buying gold.
    Unless somone report you.

  12. #12
    Sergeant keksbirne's Avatar
    Reputation
    22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    41
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    CoreCoins
    3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    I buy/sell gold for a couple of years now and didn't even receive a warning at all.

    And I don't think gold is trackable as stated above.
    Gold isn't an item at all, its just one database value for you character what is updated every time it changes.
    So if you don't transfer HUGE amounts at once it is hardly trackable or recognized by blizzard.

  13. #13
    Corporal l corpse 1's Avatar
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    19
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    CoreCoins
    0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by keksbirne View Post
    I buy/sell gold for a couple of years now and didn't even receive a warning at all.

    And I don't think gold is trackable as stated above.
    Gold isn't an item at all, its just one database value for you character what is updated every time it changes.
    So if you don't transfer HUGE amounts at once it is hardly trackable or recognized by blizzard.
    There's addons that track it - TitanPanel - QED: It can be tracked.

  14. #14
    ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins User Unholyshaman's Avatar
    Reputation
    1489
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Africa, CpT
    Posts
    2,809
    Thanks (Given)
    3
    Thanks (Received)
    7
    CoreCoins
    372
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Best thing to do is find a private gold seller who only sells gold occasionally (instead of a company that makes like 20 sales an hour etc).

  15. #15
    Banned eric908's Avatar
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    60
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    CoreCoins
    0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moncai View Post
    Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong subforum, wasn't exactly sure where to place it. I was wondering about the area of buying gold, and how to prevent being banned. Currently I have a mule account with only very low level characters; and then my main account with my main etc. on it. If I buy gold on the mule, and then transfer it to my main account. (Again by trading etc.) Is there still a chance to be caught?

    Thanks for any help on this, or other ways of preventing being banned.
    If the accounts are on the same IP, blizzard will notice.

    However, very low chance to be banned for RMT, but there is always a risk.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:55 AM. Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved. Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.3.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search