0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Account Sharring? Bannable?

Hiya, I have no idea where to post this or if someone has already asked before, but I have a B.Net account with two WoTLK accounts on it. At one point they were both mine, but after I introduced my best friend to wow he took over payments on my alt account while still allowing me full access. So My question is, is it possible for my account to be banned? I am not sure if me playign on my 80's while my friend is playing on his alts is enough to get my B.Net account perma ban hammered but I still would love to know. It's not like we publically advertise that my account is shared, in fact I don't think anyone besides myself and him, and his wife know about it.

Account Sharring? Bannable?
    Ground Zero's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple answer Yes? I think.
    Not sure about the bnet part.

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you won't get banned unless you call blizzard and say "I'm account sharing ban me noa!"

{CoReY}'s Avatar Botting Since 2008
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blizzard states that it can risk the security of your account...never said it will ban you..but you rarely see bans on this unless they are on-off-on -off constantly from wierd places.

Zurkei's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a bannable offense but if you live close enough and have same ISP won't need to worry about it. I have been sharing my account since I bought the game when it came out, but then again we lives only 15 minutes from each other and have the same ISP.

Jerbear098's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, I use Clearwire (He uses ACS 3g wireless) so Naturally I get DC'd every five seconds but I stay on the same Mac Address and same I.P. My friend only logs on on the weekends if that so my guess is that all in all I am pretty safe from a perma ban. I ask because I keep getting scam e-mails from some idiots saying my account was being shared, and I was actually sure if I could be banned for sharring my account with my friend XD

Serae's Avatar Active Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure the chances of Blizzard banning accounts due to accoutn sharing are like 1% unless you two live extremely far apart.

randomhobo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a friend overseas lend me his account so I could do a little leveling, and he also lend it to a couple of other people. And his character got a 6 hour ban , so just be careful what you do, I don't think it would be a problem.

xollax's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just dont advertise that you are sharing account whit someone else.. like saying it in trade or wow forums
    :wave:

TimmeH32's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother and I share the same WoW acc, I also know the password to my friends acc, he is dyslexic so he asks me to fix up his bars and take him to the right quests areas, etc.

I doubt it's bannable, as Hap-Ki said, unless you were to blatantly say 'I is share acc, lolol' You're safe.

Kwakune's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I doubt this is an issue, if either of you do arenas and happen to get gladiator there is a good chance you will get banned, and lose the title/mount.

Could also lose any gear gained through arena points.
    In the sea of life, you're just a minnow.

finalball's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As some peopel said above, it is a bannable offense. Account sharing can compremise your account security and if caught sharing accounts with more then a single person you can be banned. I remember reading somewhere though that if you're an adult and own the account then you may allow (1)Child allowed to play on your account and that is all.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html
    Eligibility.
    You represent that you are an adult in your country of residence. You agree to these Terms of Use on behalf of yourself and, at your discretion, for one (1) minor child for whom you are a parent or guardian and whom you have authorized to use the account you create on the Service.
    Username and Password.
    During the registration process, you may be required to select a unique username and a password (collectively referred to hereunder as "Login Information"). You may not share the Account or the Login Information with anyone other than as expressly set forth herein.
    Hell, they can ban you anyways for no reason.
    Account Suspension/Deletion.
    BLIZZARD MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ACCOUNTS AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most account suspensions, terminations and/or deletions are the result of violations of this Terms of Use or the EULA.
    Last edited by finalball; 10-20-2009 at 02:16 PM.

Democides's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    41/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first account was banned, back when 60 was the cap, and it took awhile to get there :'(. My cousin and I were sharing it, by alternating everyday. The thing is, I live in Texas, and she lives in Georgia, so Ya... Blizz noticed.

qITIp's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend about 2 hours away and my roommate access my account occasionally, more so during festival holidays. No issues yet

xollax's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TimmeH32 View Post
    My brother and I share the same WoW acc, I also know the password to my friends acc, he is dyslexic so he asks me to fix up his bars and take him to the right quests areas, etc.

I doubt it's bannable, as Hap-Ki said, unless you were to blatantly say 'I is share acc, lolol' You're safe.

Its safe to share when its the same family. My friend looked it up since he and his son is sharing one account
    :wave: