Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoW - Battle.net account guidance please

Hello everyone.

I am new to this forum as I've only stumbled across it while searching online for an answer to this dilemma I'm having with regards to Battle.net and WoW accounts character transfers... I've been reading a couple of posts around here and it looks like you guys might be well-versed in this field. Thus, I'd like to kindly ask you if you could teach me a bit and let me know of your experiences with this so that I may be able to make the right decision...

I'm trying to transfer a character from one World of Warcraft account to another when both WoW accounts have not been registered under the same name. My friend and I are looking for a method to do this - I am trying to transfer a character that I no longer use from my account to his account. Because we don't have the same registered information (last name, first name, etc.) on each other's accounts, I know that there is no way to make this happen unless we somehow tie it with Battle.net. From what I generally heard until now, I understand that there are methods to do this - (1) either creating 1 Battle.net account and merging both of our accounts under it so that we may attempt to transfer characters from one WoW account to the other, or (2) creating 2 Battle.net accounts (with the same info) and merging each WoW account to each Battle.net account and then attempting to transfer characters between one WoW account to the other.

My question is, what method is the one that works? Does only one work or do both those methods work? Or does neither of them work (anymore)? Has anyone recently or fairly recently done this? If so, could you please help me here in knowing how I should work this out without screwing things up?

Any replies and help are greatly appreciated! Thank you. :wave:

WoW - Battle.net account guidance please
    Nuruku's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i would like to know if this works also, i have 8 accounts that ive collected over the years.And it to expensive to have all of them active at once.

Aesop's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In order to transfer WoW characters between accounts with different last names, you must either:

A. Attach the WoW accounts under the same B.Net account, wait the 30-Day cooldown period, then transfer what you want between the accounts.

B. Attach the WoW accounts to B.Net accounts that have equal last names. The last name on the B.Net account will override the last name on the WoW account, making the transfers viable.

The only way to move WoW accounts across B.Net accounts, is to Call Blizzard. Come up with a good story as to why you want this done, or they will reject you.

Note: Blizzard will not let you completely un-merge B.Net Accounts anymore. You may only transfer / merge WoW accounts to new or existing B.Net accounts.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. I have lots of experience in B.Net account management.

IGNITBASTARD's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aesop is some what right.

If you put both accounts under 1 Bnet account you do not have to wait 30 days. you can transfer immediately.

If you make separate Bnet accounts for each account. you can wait 30 days and make the transfer.

posted in this other thread that is currently active regarding this very subject.

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-ge...-transfer.html

darius033's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both very much for taking the time to answer.

Aesop, I have one more question if you don't mind. Ignit was telling me on the other thread that if I want to link both WoW accounts to a single Battle.net account in order to make the character transfer, it would certainly work but from then onwards it would not allow my friend and I to log into our separate WoW accounts and play at the same time. I was a little confused about this since according to Blizzard's FAQ (The new Battle.net Frequently Asked Questions) it is stated:

"Q: How do I log in if I’ve merged multiple World of Warcraft accounts?

A: After you log in to World of Warcraft using the Battle.net Account, you will be prompted to select which of the merged World of Warcraft accounts you wish to play. Players with multiple World of Warcraft accounts are still able to log in and play them simultaneously."

I personally took this to mean that any person who used to own 2 (or more) WoW accounts before and thus able to log in and play them both at the same time, even after the accounts would be merged under a single Battle.net account each of the WoW accounts could still be accessible and able to run at the same time. So even though they are under the same Battle.net account, a person who has both could log into WoW with the Bnet info from one computer, choose which WoW account to open first, and then do the same from another computer and choose to open the second one - thus both accounts running at the same time (since even though they are under the same Bnet account, they had been bought and played separately before...)

Ignit mentioned that he tried this before with his brother in law (both having their own different accounts merged into 1 Bnet account) and then it no longer allowed them to play them separately at the same time... I certainly don't intend to dismiss what Ignit was telling me as false, for all I know he could be telling me exactly the truth. But I would feel a lot more secure and 100% sure of what is the right way to do this if I could get a second opinion on that. If both my friend and I would still be able to log into our separate WoW accounts and play at the same time despite them being linked to 1 Battlenet account (as what I thought that FAQ answer meant), then it would be a lot easier than going with the separate Battlenet accounts and having to wait 30 days before we can transfer (Ignit is right about not having to wait any days for transfers if both WoW accounts are linked into a single Bnet). But if we will never be able to play our accounts separately afterwards, then we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot :confused:

Again, thanks for keeping up with this feedback!

IGNITBASTARD's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is one more thing you have to consider Darius.

when you merge the bnet accounts. you will have to use that same login to update account information.

by sharing the same login. your friend now has access to your account, and in turn can royally screw you over. In one fashion or another.

As I have stated before... If you want to move a toon... and in this case play at the same time... It is safest to keep them separate using different bnet accounts with the same "last" name.

Nuruku's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx guys for the info!!