0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

model editing questions

hi every1 im kinda new but i was wondering, in mywarcraftstudio i can never see patch.MPQ but i can see all other files. i have already downloaded the most recent patch and i can play WoW but still,i cant see it. also i wanted to know if any1 knows how to change something with only 1 skin to another thing with more than one skin, ex:change a chicken to onyxia. how do i change my kodo mount i cant find the grey riding kodo also wat is the campfire model called/under thanks bunches i know im a newb:confused:

model editing questions
    raamoz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try check the model editing forum page...it may help u

cosmo145's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also i wanted to know if any1 knows how to change something with only 1 skin to another thing with more than one skin, ex:change a chicken to onyxia.
    if your changing chickens which have multiple skins(dont know if thats true) to ony which has one skin, just put ony's skin as each of the chickens. if your going the other way around you are going to have to pick 1 chicken skin to replace ony's

how do i change my kodo mount i cant find the grey riding kodo also wat is the campfire model called/under
    waht i did to make it eisier to find thigs is to export the tree list of everything and paste it in notepad so I can search for keywords. I dont rember how i copyed all the paths of every object at once, but it must have been easy, and I know you do it all at once. (at work so I cant test, Trust me its easy)
    Some people say I'm a horrible person, But thats not true, I have the heart of a young boy
    ........... In a jar on my desk

sportstud10124's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks let me know if u guys can figure out wat i ment is kinda like changing something with only one skin, il use druidbear form as an example to somthing with more than one skin like onyxia, i dont mean the different colors i mean like onyxiaskin1.blp and onyxiaskinwing.blp or w/e its called because u need both of them to have it really look like onyxia

another question i just figure out today while changing the model of one of my weapons, when you get to the step in mywarcraftstudio when you add file to archive and you type the folder names before the name of the file, i ran out of space to type and everytime i pressed a button it beeped, any ideas?
    Last edited by sportstud10124; 08-10-2006 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Auto-merged Doublepost

Avianar47's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eh, youre not really supposed to post questions here, but ill help as best i can, for ur first question, just change the model of the chicken, to onyxia, though im not sure what the skin will look like :confused:
    and for ur second question, i would think just look in creature/kodo, but im not sure
    I'm partially retired from model editing. I'll still answer questions if I know the answers to them when you send them to me in a PM, but otherwise, I'm done.

Marlo's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive read in one of the guides that to change somthing with one skin (chicken) to somthing with more than one (onyxia) then you give it the chicken skin name and add a number to the end (chickenskin.blp chickenskin1.blp) not sure if that works though.

the campfire model is under: "World\Azeroth\Elwynn\PassiveDoodads\Campfire\ElwynnCampfire.m2"

and the kodo model might be in the "patch.mpq" file.

sportstud10124's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok but when i try to replace most weapons when i type in the file name i always run out of room and thats about all i cant do i cant do the campfire because too many words

SomethingCool525's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, As for the Kodo model its depends on whether you are looking for the epic vs. non epic mount version as i do believe they are located under 2 different extensions. Patch.mpq tends to have all of the files your looking for and specifically in my experience has the epic mounts more often than the Model.mpq but this does not always hold true. As for textures, try to find them obviously in the texture.mpq assuming you were unable to find them in the .mpq you had originally found the models in.

Reguarding the Multi Skins - Single Skin changes, its very possible. Try checking some other posts on the subject of model changing. Might help you out.

-SomethingCool