0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Method] Reduce LAG.

The ping indicator in WoW is rubbish. Always inaccurate and whatever it says your ping may be actually higher or lower in reality.

I get insane lag in battlegrounds sometimes and you would expect it to go above 1000ms and show in red. It doesnt...
    I always see something like 180ms and in green. That's not right ^^.

An easier way of boosting your ping for ALL games, not just WoW is to have bridged ethernet connections assuming
    you are using a router and wired ethernet connection to get internet access, and Windows of course. I assume this
    can be done on Linux and Apple systems but I do not use them so I dont know exact details of how to go about it
    with those systems.

Simply instead of only using 1 of your network ports from your motherboard / network card with 1 ethernet cable to
    the router, use all three. Of course your router must have at least 3 ports on it minimum to do this, commonly they
    come with 4. Most motherboards nowadays are built with 2 network ports, and a 3rd can be acquird using a network
    card. Simply install all the drivers for all three ports without any cables connected until you see 3 unplugged LAN
    connections on the bottom of your screen on taskbar.

Then connect 3 seperate cables into the 3 ports and hook them up to your router, so that you have 3 cables going
    from PC to the router seperately into 3 different ports on the router. You now have 3 active connections.
    Go into Network Connections from Control Panel and hold down Ctrl and left click the 3 connections you see, then
    right click any one of the highlighted and click on Bridge Connections.

You now have uber fast speed broadband and a far more stable ping on games because you have 3 different routes
    in which data flow and packets can travel along all on the same connection because they have been bridged together
    to form it all into 1 connection with the power of 3. This reduces collisions and it also stabilises your connection. Using
    only 1 cable asks for problems because all traffic and data is going along one line and if collisions are caused the ping
    will drop and you will be sure to get a disconnect.

If you are familiar with IT and computers this method is sort of similar to the way the FSB on motherboards works.
    Many lines make up the bus and all data travels along those lines at a much faster speed if the lines on the bus are
    increased. USB is serial, and is 1 way in and 1 way out, thats why its so slow. So think of it the same here....
    3 network connections.... 3 different routes for data flow and packets to go along all at the same time = more stable,
    faster and reliable connection. (provided you bridge them in network connections from control panel).

Sometimes on WoW in particular you WILL get disconnected, but thats Blizzards fault to do with the server you play on.
    This solution guarantees 100% stable ping and connection from your end, and boosts ping and reduces lag in ALL games,
    not just WoW - although WoW is a huge problem with gamers and lag nowadays, and this really helps.

On my server I would always get bad ping and eventually booted out of the game. I would then relog into the server and
    start at 0ms and it would creep up over the space of 15 minutes and become so bad that I get disconnected again. This solved it.
    I found the idea from a poster in these forums somewhere but thought it would be helpful to make people aware of it
    with a proper topic in tech support section.

Hope this helps LAG haters. laterz
    - This works! - All CREDIT for the method Piggsy of the official WoW-Forums.

Hope you guys can use this

Tenned.
    Last edited by Tenni-T; 03-27-2008 at 06:16 AM.
    Tenni-T (Tenned) - Contrib!

MMOwned - My favorite website of all times.

[Method] Reduce LAG.