0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GUIDE: How to write Exploration Guides

Ok in this section we will cover the 3 main ways to write an exploration guide:
    1. Written
    2. Pictured
    3. Videos

This will show you how to make a good guide, and how not to.

1. Written Guides
    Written guides are the lesser of guides. They cause for people to follow peoples words and directions, besides seeing it. EX, someone says u just jump on the pillar, and u get there, and go, WTF THERES 30 ****ING PILLARS!!!. Written guides normally should only be wrote down so that later they are updated with pictures. And if worst comes to worst, make sure ur guides are VERY well written, not like jump on the hill then on the pillar

2. Pictued Guides
    These are my personal favorite, because u get to see whats happening and get an explanation. For a pictured guide, make sure to add in arrows, and arrows that are thick and clearly visible. Arrows can be easily added with MS Paint and other photo programs. Make sure to add MANY pictures, and dont have to many steps in one picture. Heres an example i pulled of #nogg-aholics, it was meant as a joke, but u get the idea:

Dont do something like that, its rediculous. Make it something nice with 1 or 2 arrows. Make sure to have detailed descriptions to go with ur pictures.

3. Video Guides
    Video guides are very good, normally everyones favorite. They allow for the viewer to see exactly what the explorer did. The issue i have with this is there is no explanation, so u have to guess what they did. For example, those of u that have tried the CoT thing, it can be very tedious at times, trying to get up that hill, but when u hear someone say what to do its easier. So in videos, i suggest stopping the filming part and at add clips saying what u did, then continue the filmed part. Also, as stupid as this may sound, add in music. I personally cant stand any exploration movie without music, i wont watch it. So just throw in a song, MSI's Straight to Video always works.

My best suggestion is u do a picture guide, with a video of you doing it at the end. So GL and have fun.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    "If I and everyone else could contribute to MMOwned like you do it would be a terrific place." Don't PM me with request, only Questions

GUIDE: How to write Exploration Guides
    idusy-org's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: GUIDE: How to write Exploration Guides

Very nice. I personally enjoy picture guide the most aswell.

And be sure to use [img] tags, don't want to discourage people from your guide because they have to click links.
    Unproud member of Snitchstianity

Fault's Avatar Retired Super Moderator

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but of course

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    "If I and everyone else could contribute to MMOwned like you do it would be a terrific place." Don't PM me with request, only Questions

Dizziness's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+ rep
    Some people really dont know how to make guides and there should be a way to make all read this pefore posting.
    Dizziness

iPod's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would +rep if I could but I can't. ANYWHO, nice guide. Yes, I too hate videos with no music. >_<