Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[PTR] 05/03/17 : worldport available on PTRs

Hello !

As some of you have heard or noticed, /console worldport was available on PTRs this weekend. (thank you Bareno ([PTR][Fixed] Console port and worldport works on 7.2 PTR realms))
    This allowed us to teleport to usually unreachable maps, on "live" servers.

Boring, model edit already allowed us to get there ? Yes, but model edits replaces a map for another one. Meaning that you never truly see the original map under normal conditions.
    What does it change then ? A few mobs could be discovered, killed, and looted for the first time.

Some screenshots now :

- From Dovah on reddit : /console worldport mapidxyz - Album on Imgur
    -> Places explored : Emerald's dream (169), Defense of the Alehouse (1101), Dungeon Blockout (1663), Akazamzarak's hat (?), Legion Dungeon, (1470), School of Necromancy (229), Alliance/Horde PVP Barracks (449/450)

- From me (unsorted) : Nyarly's WoW gallery
    -> Places explored : Emerald's dream (169), Edge of Reality MOUNT(1455), AcquisitionHavoc (1498 ), Artifact-Dreamway (1540), Old Artifact-Warrior Fury Acquisition (1499), Valhallas - halls of valor (1477), WarcraftHeroes (1179), Dungeon Blockout (1663), IllidansRock (1462), BlackrockFoundryTrainDepot (1208 ), Defense of the Alehouse (1101), Old GorgrondFinaleScenarioMap/ everbloom? (1407), Illidan's temp (1622), MantidRaid (1009), Legion Dungeon (1470)

Interesting notes :
    - Mobs were found in Legion Dungeon, Emerald Dream, Defense of the Alehouse and Dungeon Blockout
    - The mobs in defense of the alehouse provided a buff upon being killed
    - Dungeon blockout had bosses from arcway
    - The specular lightning trick doesn't work anymore for ED's textures
    - Scholomance OLD is still in the game files.
    - Old pvp halls are still there as well.
    - For the first time (and most probably the last), you could see other players /wave at you while exploring
    - Lots of people reached GM Island, and there are no reports of bans as of now.
    - I was able to see the two moons of azeroth on multiple occasions. This should not have happened...
    - Mapid 1471 (named 1466) could be reached, but is empty
    - Lots of other maps couldn't be reached though. Because they didn't have proper difficulty settings, or because of other party errors. This is sad.
    - Red errors appeared at multiple occasions, showing coordinates and/or other weird info about these maps.
    - There are a lot of new dev maps, but they can't be reached (nothing in the client files).
    - It ended too soon... It could have potentially be possible to complete dev quests this weekend. For example : Kanrethad's Quest - Quest - World of Warcraft. But I was too slow to add programmer's isle to the game files and check it before it ended....

And that's it for this quick report of the situation.
    It was very fun, I hope you managed to test it too And please add your screenshots or info if you were able to explore too !
    Last edited by Nyarly; 03-09-2017 at 07:30 AM.

[PTR] 05/03/17 : worldport available on PTRs
  2. Thanks hackerlol, Eryx, Ehnoah, ReznikShaman, Rakantor, Romath (6 members gave Thanks to Nyarly for this useful post)
    Ehnoah's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    16/96
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just hope some was clever enough to dump all the NPCs xD

doityourself's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    35/448
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ehnoah View Post
    Just hope some was clever enough to dump all the NPCs xD
    no new npcs, so.... who cares

Jacul's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    24/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was "Artifact - Acquisition - Tank" Just a platform in the Twisting Nether. Nothing else to see here afaik.

Something interesting I found out was that if you did manage to make it inside of class halls which are normally physically inaccessible (so not hunter, paladin, etc.) they had no check to kick you out like the ones that you can walk into.

Most of the maps I tried getting into had a variety of errors. Attempting to port directly to Nighthold would say its not yet available. Porting to old Scarlet Monastery would give you an error saying you must be level 20, even at 110. Trying with a lvl 20 didn't work, either. I spent probably 10+ hours in an effort to enter every single ID. There was very little to see outside of what has already been mentioned. Most of that time was spent getting stuck on loading screens.

6. Thanks Nyarly, Rakantor (2 members gave Thanks to Jacul for this useful post)
    spoutnik's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    15/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was indeed very fun, and quite unexpected considering last time it happened was during 3.1 ptr

Originally Posted by Nyarly
    - Dungeon blockout had bosses from arcway
    I don't know if you noticed, but the entire layout of Dungeon Blockout is the same as... the Arcway

- The specular lightning trick doesn't work anymore for ED's textures
    It stopped working in Cata, you need to manually add blp files to fix it.

Red errors appeared at multiple occasions, showing coordinates and/or other weird info about these maps.
    These are more than errors.
    The server was on "debug" mode (which allowed the worldport command to be used, amongst a few other interesting ones), and what you saw was simply debug messages (there was one saying that you were under the terrain

But I was too slow to add programmer's isle to the game files and check it before it ended....
    I did, and you're not going to like it, but development has been removed from the servers.
    I had a patched exe, and the adt files, but the only thing I got was "Instance not found". There's a ton of old dev maps that are gone from the servers, for example development, ExteriorTest, LevelDesignLand-DevOnly...
    That means that any hope of ever getting to these maps serverside is now gone (sorry to crush everyone's dreams )

Here's some of my screenshots:

The NPCs in EmeraldDream:

A Dev map:

"Discovered: Emerald Forest":

IllidanTemp, screenshots taken just now:

The one and only, Firelands2, aka "Upside down"

Pre-Cata Stormwind:

WarcraftHeroes:
    And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

8. Thanks Nyarly, Rakantor (2 members gave Thanks to spoutnik for this useful post)
    Ehnoah's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    16/96
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by king48488 View Post
    no new npcs, so.... who cares

did we had ale house spawn points already?