0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the guide!
    Last edited by Uaseht; 08-24-2016 at 09:29 AM.

The Exploration Handbook - The 7.0 Edition:
    Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Minor note:
    /console GameObjForceMouseOver 1 no longer functions on both US and EU servers.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

Jacul's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    24/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to add an important clarification to "General chat teleportation". While seeing the general chat change is an excellent indicator, it does not have to change for a teleportation to be possible.

For example, The Tomb of Tyr

Dying on that platter (where the subzone reads "Underwater Passage") will teleport you to the phase/instance for the Holy Paladin artifact acquisition, where it is shattered. The general chat channel for both of these places is Tirisfal Glades. If you mount up and fly towards the Calston Estate after entering the instance, you won't see any NPCs on the way due to being in the phase/instance. Once close, you should be able to see the seam on the minimap where the instance minimap is overlaid on the eastern kingdoms minimap, until you go indoors, which resets the minimap.

I'm not sure if this is significant, but I noticed that dying there through drowning would give me the error "Transfer Aborted: Instance not found." After relogging, I was moved directly into the tomb. Using unstuck allowed me to release there immediately, without relogging.

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Exploration Handbook has been updated to 7.1.5; the changes are listed below:

• Updated various sections in regards to 7.1.5 hotfixes (Darkmoon Tiger / Darkmoon Seesaw)
    • Added a small note in regards to lag7
    • Added a section about client side lagg
    • Added Goblin Gliders
    • Added the Leather Love Seat

Originally Posted by Jacul View Post
    I'd like to add an important clarification to "General chat teleportation". While seeing the general chat change is an excellent indicator, it does not have to change for a teleportation to be possible.

For example, The Tomb of Tyr

Dying on that platter (where the subzone reads "Underwater Passage") will teleport you to the phase/instance for the Holy Paladin artifact acquisition, where it is shattered. The general chat channel for both of these places is Tirisfal Glades. If you mount up and fly towards the Calston Estate after entering the instance, you won't see any NPCs on the way due to being in the phase/instance. Once close, you should be able to see the seam on the minimap where the instance minimap is overlaid on the eastern kingdoms minimap, until you go indoors, which resets the minimap.

I'm not sure if this is significant, but I noticed that dying there through drowning would give me the error "Transfer Aborted: Instance not found." After relogging, I was moved directly into the tomb. Using unstuck allowed me to release there immediately, without relogging.
    In regards to to phase teleporting it's going to need to be used more and investigated so that I can word it correctly and not cause confusion. The transfer aborted error is also sometimes used by Blizzard to prevent players from abusing an old flying glitch.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

Strangletusk's Avatar World Explorer
    Thanks G/R
    2/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hazzbazzy View Post
    Good shout, il add it; I miss Strangletusk ;(
    Hey Hazz,

I am incredibly late to the party, but have to say I love what you've done here - this is a fantastic resource for explorers new and old. Quite a few of the methods/items mentioned in here I had zero idea about myself - after the map I know the amount of effort it takes to put together these types of large volumes of information and you've done a great job of it Nice and easy to navigate with just the right amount of detail. I have bugger all clue how much rep I can rep, but you'll be getting the max possible

As for myself, I've effectively almost entirely retired from the exploration scene, due to a combo of real life (been focusing a lot on my studies) and declining motivation to explore. As I told OotHE on the map sticky, my heart's just not really in it anymore when it comes to creating content man The fixing of Offline Mode killed a lot of the functionality of the map and was very demoralising (as it happened whilst I was working on Pandaria).

I would like to finish off said Pandaria part of the map if I can push myself to, but beyond that, I'll only ever put out videos if I find something I find pretty cool/up my street enough to want to share it with the community.

I appreciate your concern over where the hell I've been all this time, so you can take this as confirmation that I am, in fact, still alive :P

Keep up the good work man - at the very least I'll try to be a bit more active on OC even if I'm not putting out content

-ST
    My exploration channel: The Strangletusk Expedition

6. Thanks Hazzbazzy, OotHE (2 members gave Thanks to Strangletusk for this useful post)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12