Thanks G/R
    12/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TL;DR: Does anyone know what the underground room in Violet Hold is for?

So, I started playing my hunter recently and I finally finished the Order Hall Campaign. It takes place in the Violet Hold dungeon and, to my surprise, the ground had this hole in it.

WoWScrnShot_111317_041136.jpg

I've never seen this and it's not used in the hunter scenario at all. Inside there is a door and I couldn't get past it. Tried a seesaw to see what is behind it, but there is nothing from what I managed to see.

WoWScrnShot_111317_041055.jpg

WoWScrnShot_111317_040940.jpg

Is this actually used in another scenario or something? I only managed to find out that it's also there in the dungeon version, just covered by a floor, as rogues sometimes manage to shadowstep there by accident
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[Discussion] WoW Exploration questions
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember seeing that hole, not even during a quest.
    But I didn't go there since wotlk...

Madorisiath's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    242/278
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Legion Beta, I was hear Blizzard said this secret hall contained a big secret of the violet hold only availabe on mythic level... Maby abandoned project or not now ? :/

TheGrimMelvin's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Madorisiath View Post
    In Legion Beta, I was hear Blizzard said this secret hall contained a big secret of the violet hold only availabe on mythic level... Maby abandoned project or not now ? :/
    That's interesting! Maybe it was meant to be something, but they abandoned it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QUESTION/REQUEST: CLASSIC SERVERS (re: exploration)
    Can someone please keep this old Wizard in the loop on the Classic Servers?
    This is the only WoW site I visit often, so someone please drop me a PM if you hear more info.
    Specifically I'm curious about how "classic" this is going to be in regards to old explorations...

I did a series before the Cataclysm hit, the Empty Space Series, cataloging some of these old areas.
    (thread here, 7 years ago, crazy: Walks Through Walls - The Empty Space Series (<Walks Through Walls> - The "Empty Space Series"...))
    My desire to visit these places again is getting stronger each day.

Here's another spot, the waterfall behind the old Zul'Gurub. WoW Exploration - Waterfall Comparison - YouTube
    That whole area behind ZG was a playground for me. I would absolutely love to visit it again.

And what about instances... will they be classic? Specifically I wonder about the areas outside the instances.
    The exterior of the old Zul'Gurub, for example, had the old Deadwind pass that I miss so much!
    Zul'Gurub pre-Cataclysm (instanced Deadwind Pass) - WoW patch 4.0.1 - YouTube

Also, if that turns out that these classic servers do not have the classic exploration locations I am looking for... perhaps then someone can assist me with joining a classic private server. I think I need to see these old spots again...

Thanks much for your time.

Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point, nobody can tell what wow classic servers will have.
    But if you want to explore on your own 1.12.1 server :
    - client : http://nyarly.fr/WoWExplore/clients/...raft1.12.1.rar
    - server : http://nyarly.fr/WoWExplore/servers/...epack_v3.5.rar

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Nyarly. I'll likely hit you up at some point to explain further how to set all that up.
    (I've never looked into private servers before, don't even know how that all works)

Just watched an old video and remembered the old Levitate bug (ability to basically walk sideways on mountains).
    Really hope some of the old glitches come back with classic servers!

Dovah's Avatar Legendary The Explorer

Thanks G/R
    381/202
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    QUESTION/REQUEST: CLASSIC SERVERS (re: exploration)
    Can someone please keep this old Wizard in the loop on the Classic Servers?
    The announcement was basically just: "We hear you, please stop asking for it now." If I had to guess It will release Nov 23 2018 (Vanilla's original release date.) They could announce the release date at Blizzcon and release it shortly after.

Also, there was a survey posted on Reddit which one of the Blizz CMs passed onto the devs I believe. One of the questions was:

I rarely check Ownedcore nowadays. Need to contact me? Message me on Discord: dovvah

kongost's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It still remains to be seen exactly what Blizzard has planned for the Classic experience. They say they want it to be a "polished Blizzard product". The two main choices as I see would be a rolling experience, starting at the beginning, with patches every now and then. Or, as I am more likely to believe, more of a vanilla-medley so to speak, with vanilla conent alll at once, but with the bugfixes and graphics of today. We'll see soon enough.

Madorisiath's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    242/278
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question about Classic wow...
    I think I remember when I played on the official version on patch 1.12, it was possible to wall jumping and wall climbing like this : WoW Wall Jumping - Ironforge - YouTube

So... Can someone help me to remember because i'm not sure, the wall jumping and wall climbing bug in official servers had appeared in 1.10 ? 1.11 ? 1.12 version of the game ? Or in 2.0.0 version ?

Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Madorisiath View Post
    I have a question about Classic wow...
    I think I remember when I played on the official version on patch 1.12, it was possible to wall jumping and wall climbing like this : WoW Wall Jumping - Ironforge - YouTube

So... Can someone help me to remember because i'm not sure, the wall jumping and wall climbing bug in official servers had appeared in 1.10 ? 1.11 ? 1.12 version of the game ? Or in 2.0.0 version ?
    This guy says 1.0 to 2.4, but I don't know if that's true. Wallclimbing was my passion. I could explore the world for hours and hours. RIP Wallclimbing (1.0 - 2.4) : wow

And totally unrelated, advanta's thread and video name made me think.
    I don't know if the question was asked before, but let's update it if it has anyway.
    What would be your top 10 explorations ? And why ? (hidden npc, beautiful models, tragic history, ...)

Mines :
    11 ) undermine, even if empty, I like to teleport there and imagine what I could possibly find if I undercovered a big secret and make it spawn.

10 ) cot4 : for the big ring underground, I always wanted to host a race track with guildmates there. And also because there were hidden NPCs, and it was quite rare to see that by then.
    9 ) gilijim : because it was so easy to swim there and see the big mysterious name appear on the screen. And it had its own chat, and it was next to Dr Lapidis isle, and then I discovered we could visit it in the alpha
    8 ) the legion secrets : because they proved secrets still exist nowadays, and they can be big and beautiful.
    7 ) dancing troll village : so cheerful, much NPCs, very secret.
    6 ) ahn'qiraj : there was a very strong feeling when exploring ahn'qiraj (and silithus) in wow alpha. To this day I still can't get rid of that unease, and lovecraft didn't help me (there's a story that tells of a hidden city in the desert). And even now on live server, silithus keeps evolving.
    5 ) deadmines secret : very eye-candy, lost in the middle of nowhere, easy access for anyone, goes in pair with old outlands, a must visit even now.
    4 ) hyjal : lots of content and lots of details to explore : gnome crash, greensmokes, skeleton, blizzard construction sign, onyxia mouth, ...
    3 ) ED : so huge with at least three different zones, it evolved a bit and was even partially added ingame, and it's full of beautifulness and uniqueness : )
    2 ) designer isle : the huge freaking cephalopod and the color patch. And it may hit live in some ways in BfA. top2 only because there's development too.
    1 ) development ptr : surprises pop up everywhere you go and watch in this map. I absolutely love it, I wish I could spend all my time on it.

This top10 was so very hard to do. I'm so sorry for all my feelings I hurt, by not nominating them in my brain.
    Last edited by Nyarly; 12-13-2017 at 05:06 AM.

12. Thanks Hazzbazzy (1 members gave Thanks to Nyarly for this useful post)
    Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going off of live explorations only:
    1.0) Only if this counts: Otherworld (OotHE - Good &#39;Ole Otherworld - YouTube)
    1) Old Hillsbrad Foothills (Escape from [...] / COT) - My testing playground, contains every type of invisible wall in an accessible range. RIP flying there though
    2) Pre-Cataclysm World Exploration in general (Troll Village, Silithus Tauren Camp, technically the AQ Island)
    3) Utgarde Keep - Still contains the untextured models and summoning stones to this day
    4) Hellfire Citadel - Only due to the stupid orbs
    5) Naxxaramas
    6) Siege of Orgrimmar
    7) End Time (Pre-DH!)
    Grimrail Depot
    9) Ulduar
    10) Deadmines
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ Thanks much for that list, Hazzy. Reminds me that I quit playing before WoD Hellfire Citadel came out... I'll need to go back & check that out. (orbs?)
    And I'm right with you on pre-Cata world explorations (see the Empty Space Series on my YouTube channel).
    I miss those something terrible. Went back to a few on a private server, but just doesn't feel the same...

On topic, I would be hard pressed to be limited to an actual "top 10" like this... but I'll list some of my absolute favorites...in no particular order..

Wizard Trokair's Favorite Exploration Areas

Karazhan
    Zul Gurub (pre-Cata)
    Hellfire Ramparts
    Ahn'Kahet
    Azjol-Nerub
    Stratholme
    Ulduar
    Naxxramas
    Gilneas (Worgen starting zone)
    End Time
    Old Hillsbrad Foothills
    Razorfen Kraul
    Shadowfang Keep
    Zul'Farrak
    Well of Eternity
    Battle for Mount Hyjal
    Deadmines
    Titan Rings under Sholazar Basin
    Temple of the Jade Serpent
    Gate of the Setting Sun
    Magister's Terrace
    Black Morass

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    ^^ Thanks much for that list, Hazzy. Reminds me that I quit playing before WoD Hellfire Citadel came out... I'll need to go back & check that out. (orbs?)
    And I'm right with you on pre-Cata world explorations (see the Empty Space Series on my YouTube channel).
    I miss those something terrible. Went back to a few on a private server, but just doesn't feel the same...

On topic, I would be hard pressed to be limited to an actual "top 10" like this... but I'll list some of my absolute favorites...in no particular order..

Wizard Trokair's Favorite Exploration Areas

Karazhan
    Zul Gurub (pre-Cata)
    Hellfire Ramparts
    Ahn'Kahet
    Azjol-Nerub
    Stratholme
    Ulduar
    Naxxramas
    Gilneas (Worgen starting zone)
    End Time
    Old Hillsbrad Foothills
    Razorfen Kraul
    Shadowfang Keep
    Zul'Farrak
    Well of Eternity
    Battle for Mount Hyjal
    Deadmines
    Titan Rings under Sholazar Basin
    Temple of the Jade Serpent
    Gate of the Setting Sun
    Magister's Terrace
    Black Morass
    Orbs
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, BfA 8.0.1.25902 is somehow available.
    Here are interesting maps :
    - dat arrow : http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/8....rotDungeon.png
    - untextured buildings and something written in the sea : http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/8....lusDungeon.png
    - looks dev-ish (stuff on top of the mountain, on the left-bottom corner, ...) : http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/8....Islands666.png
    - pink/purple areas : http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/8....Prototype2.png
    - dragon isle model on the top/right : http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/8....2/KulTiras.png
    - model kit and general wtf-ness http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/8..../SnakeCave.png
    - very early in the map-building process. wouldn't be surprised if this map disappears for retail : http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/8....02/rymoore.png
    - dots, "AZ" / "GY", big turtle carcass : http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/8....2/Zandalar.png
    - untextured building, "boss" on top, models on the bottom-right http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/8....iorDungeon.png
    - "escapefromstockades" it's funny because that's exactly what stoneharry (iirc) did 5+ years ago. And might finally use stormwind's jail ? http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/8....mstockades.png
    - sunken mulgore : https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...ontBarrens.jpg
    - is that a new crater/lake on top of the mushroom circle ? https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...onScenario.jpg

What do you think so far ? Are there things you want to explore already ?
    Got other interesting stuff about BfA so far ?
    Last edited by Nyarly; 01-26-2018 at 07:11 PM.