87/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by OotHE View Post
    Damn, that's a real bummer. I seem to be able to fly maybe a few feet, so it's not 100% impossible...just would require a lot of...patience...
    I think those few meters are only because of a small delay of the dc. I don't think you really get further. and even if, yes, this would take an absurd amount of patience

[Discussion] WoW Exploration questions
    spoutnik's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    15/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I get through terrain/walls these days? No amount of mounting up / growth potions seem to do the trick.

I'm so far out of the game that I need to start over from the ground bottom. I'd like to get back to contributing to the community hopefully.

Also, I was never here~
    Woah, Nacho ! Long time no see !
    Most of the things that were doable when you were in the game don't work anymore, sadly

PS: Oh, and I guess an obligatory "Does Otherworld still exist and how do I into eet?" wouldn't hurt too. Hehe
    I managed to get it work during WoD's beta by pure luck, never could do it again

when you try to fly underground, the game boots you. When did Blizz add that sort of detection? That's rather fancy.
    They added this nasty thing with 5.0.

As far as I know, there's no way to activate offline mode again (for now), but I'm confident a new way will be found.
    ---
    fean
    And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

3. Thanks OotHE (1 members gave Thanks to spoutnik for this useful post)
    OotHE's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    64/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by spoutnik View Post
    Woah, Nacho ! Long time no see !
    Most of the things that were doable when you were in the game don't work anymore, sadly
    Yeah, I've been in hiding. Gots them blue-hooded folks knocking on my door every day. Hahaha! It's always good to see familiar faces still kicking. <3 I kinda' figured as much that most of the glitches I was familiar with were changed. I'm honestly skeptical as to how many might even be left, with the ability to fly around and all.

I managed to get it work during WoD's beta by pure luck, never could do it again
    Well that's still a wee bit exciting; if it can happen once, it can happen again! \o/

They added this nasty thing with 5.0.

As far as I know, there's no way to activate offline mode again (for now), but I'm confident a new way will be found.
    Yeah, I tried the offline bit myself too and noticed unfortunately. While I'd sometimes fiddle around with a program called NetLimiter for giggles, I'd prefer to avoid using external programs. However, if there was some way to somehow majorly slow down information being sent from your computer with some sort of macro. I never was good at unique macro making though.
    Last edited by OotHE; 06-28-2016 at 08:53 PM.
    ~"In Exploration, we believe, and in Discovery we practice. Keep exploration alive!"~

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this happened to do on multiple servers, anyone know where these coords point to?

"HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

azix's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    87/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

my favorite class for exploring has always been rogue - my favorite ability shadowstep. Whenever I had to get through a door/gate, I simply put a Puntable Marmot in front of it and shadowstepped behind it - which also simetimes worked with invisible walls. Sadly, since the pre-patch launched it's no longer a valid target for shadowstep, so for exploring it's pretty much useless now. Currently I only know of one more toy that I can utilize in this way - Jin Warmkeg's Brew - but due to it's one hour cooldown it's just a pain if glitching through doesn't work with the first attempt or when there are multiple doors/gates/walls I have to glitch through.

So my simple question to you is: do you know any other freely placeable toys/items which are shadowsteppable? Would really appreciate some ideas!

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by azix View Post
    Hey guys,

my favorite class for exploring has always been rogue - my favorite ability shadowstep. Whenever I had to get through a door/gate, I simply put a Puntable Marmot in front of it and shadowstepped behind it - which also simetimes worked with invisible walls. Sadly, since the pre-patch launched it's no longer a valid target for shadowstep, so for exploring it's pretty much useless now. Currently I only know of one more toy that I can utilize in this way - Jin Warmkeg's Brew - but due to it's one hour cooldown it's just a pain if glitching through doesn't work with the first attempt or when there are multiple doors/gates/walls I have to glitch through.

So my simple question to you is: do you know any other freely placeable toys/items which are shadowsteppable? Would really appreciate some ideas!
    Off the top of my head, Shushen's Spittoon - Item - World of Warcraft works I believe.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

8. Thanks azix, Dovah (2 members gave Thanks to Hazzbazzy for this useful post)
    Jorvalt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that Demon Hunters are out, has anyone discovered any tricks that you can do with double jump and/or glide that we otherwise wouldn't have been able to do?

TheGrimMelvin's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehVoyager View Post
    Heres my question of the day:

https://i.imgur.com/QNZACoc.png

Anyone explored whats in there? ICC obviously, toward Valithria and Cindragosa.

I figured this out by total accident today while farming ICC. It is an elevator, just as Akspa420 says and shows on his picture. It's closed off. but once you kill Sindragosa, the gate opens and you can normally use it to get back to where the val'kyr miniboss was before.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1138
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just rolled a shaman for the first time. Far sight seems to no-clip through walls and buildings. Did it always do this? I know it is an old exploration method, but I was a bit surprised how easy it was to view forbidden zones with it.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

p00pyjoel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    Ok, I've got a question...

In the current patch, if you're travelling between the walls or under the floor (etc) in a dungeon, and you hit a patch of water, you get disconnected. Has anyone found a way around this??

The only time I've seen it done really was by Dellion. He did a Scarlett Monastery video a while back where he did this. I asked him how...he advised that he had DC'ed (by the water), logged back on and DC'ed again (due to the water), and then "waited 1-1.5 minutes before logging back on" and he was able to swim up in the water without DCing. Video is here, watch from like 1:40 on: Old Scarlet Monastery Exploration - YouTube

I have tried Dellion's method in a few places, but I always run into the DC and can't seem to avoid it. So that is my dilemma. It was specifically bothering me last night in the Crypt of the Forgotten Kings scenario, where I wanted to jump through walls and land in the water next to the stairs. Obviously I keep getting DC'ed... but there must be a way!! Any thoughts?
    I know that this is a super old post and is most likely already resolved.. but.. a friend and I found out how to bypass the DC issue by using a disengage like ability. As a hunter you use disengage and a druid you use wild charge (balance version). In this video when we went under the map it would DC me constantly but never her. After further trial and error using wild charge wouldn't DC me. After multiple test and confirmations using the disengage ability prevent us from being DC underneath the map. I hope this helps!

WoW: Going Out of World in Shado-Pan Monastery - YouTube (not entirely sure if she shows us under the map, but she normally does)

13. Thanks WizardTrokair (1 members gave Thanks to p00pyjoel for this useful post)
    WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ Wow... if confirmed, this is huge. That DC field has been bothering explorers for a while now.

p00pyjoel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    ^^ Wow... if confirmed, this is huge. That DC field has been bothering explorers for a while now.
    Yeah, the DC glitch has been driving me insane. If I have sometime I will try and grab a video.. don't have the software currently installed but I will come up with something.

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    Known explorers and groups list :
    - Nachtsuchen
    - Jaburius, Omo
    - WizardTrokair (or grue)
    - Strangletusk
    - Rezknik
    - adros
    - spoutnik
    - MoD
    - Xel
    - khamul
    - Dovah
    - Dopefish
    - Hazzbazzy
    - oothe
    - keepers of the secrets
    - vision of the unknown
    - raov
    - ridpef
    - Rakantor
    - Dellion
    - Dripperina
    - Leonim
    - yunalol22
    - advanta
    - TehVoyager
    - Teryaki
    - Bodomi
    - Satori
    - Shunt1900
    - skipper1

Who am I missing ? (I known i'm missing some)
    Last edited by Nyarly; 10-21-2016 at 03:58 AM.

Dovah's Avatar Legendary The Explorer

Thanks G/R
    381/202
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nyarly View Post
    Hello,
    - spoutnik
    - feangren
    They are the same person.

Teryaki
    Last edited by Dovah; 10-18-2016 at 09:32 AM.

I rarely check Ownedcore nowadays. Need to contact me? Message me on Discord: dovvah

18. Thanks Nyarly (1 members gave Thanks to Dovah for this useful post)
    Rakantor's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    42/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bodomi
    Satori
    Shunt1900
    Seeing The Unseen - A WoW Exploration Tribute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BTuvExsCLY

20. Thanks Nyarly (1 members gave Thanks to Rakantor for this useful post)