Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    joking aside, are any of you exploration people old enough to remember the Dwemer Puzzle Box from TES Morrowind?
    What about the story of Azura and the Rose?

Both suggest that there is an object in the game world from which nothing can escape while remaining in the Mundus.

Theoretically anyone who opens such a box will be taken to whatever exists on the other end of the wormhole...

hope this helps lmao

Hasphat Antabolis

"I'm fine, thank you. What can I do for you?"

:Nerevarine:
    "You have a favor to do first. Then we can talk about the Nerevarine."

:Favor:
    "There are Dwemer ruins nearby called Arkngthand. I need you to run over there and find me a little cube with a circular design and some symbols on one side. It's called 'a Dwemer puzzle box'. Bring me back the Dwemer puzzle box, and I'll tell you what you want to know."
    "As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourishes. But the wind passes over, and soon all disappears; and his place will no more exist."

Opening the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron
    Orphidian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a long time wow player, there have been many moments and times when the game ceased to entertain me. I've had many extended breaks from the game over the 10 years i have played. Possibly due to its relentless grinding nature. So far though, I always seem to come back to it. It was the first mmo I ever played. Pre-wow, I had only played console games casually. WoW was a fresh and exciting gameplay experience that I enjoyed immensely during vanilla. Like all things though, anything new loses that sense of amazement and wonder as it slowly becomes familiar and old hat. Ultimately though, it's the rich lore and nostalgia that keeps me coming back, sometimes after a few years away! The game scratched an itch that no other game could or has since for me.
    I feel, for those players who missed the opportunity to play this game in it's earlier incarnations. Purely because the game has slowly devolved into a zerg fest. Dungeon runs throughout the leveling process now are a race to the finish line. The vast majority of lower level toons are rerolled veterans of the game. Plus, if your part of a new generation of gamers who have only recently started playing wow, chances are you've been exposed to a plethora of other online games and are somewhat savvy with the mechanics of an mmo. There is no such thing as a true noob anymore lol. Not when even wow related nomenclature, wow community based sayings and such have seeped into online pop culture even.

When i started, I was a true Noob. That true sense of mystery surrounding the wow universe has long since faded for me. I no longer have any interest in raiding or anything content related. I grow weary of the game each time i come back. Before LFG became a feature, you NEEDED wow friends and strong bonds between people formed.. there was much more of a real community sense about the game. There were flame wars in chat, intense guild competition, pvp wars that broke out periodically (southshore vs tarren mill was a special one to me). All this shit and more have systematically been erased from the game, to streamline it. Perhaps catering for an existing player base and new gens of experienced and impatient gamers? I dunno..

What i do know is that THIS DAMN PUZZLEBOX INTRIGUES THE HELL OUT OF ME!!!
    It is the ONLY thing i have come across in game for many years that has that sense of mystery behind it. It's been years and no one has solved the puzzle. It clearly cannot be solved.. but i beg and implore you blizzard, do not leave this plot hook untold! I personally loved the long ass attunement quests.. now we have watered down proving grounds, for players to demonstrate their ability to fill their role? How about throwing us all back into the deep end and letting it all sort itself out in the chaos I know this box won't open, but i sincerely hope it fills some role in the future regarding some long ass chain of events that allows my toon to do something cool. Don't make the mistake that your player base wouldn't appreciate something intensely involved to finally complete. I knew during vanilla, that i would never raid naxx.. I just didnt have that level of dedication to the game. I still LOVED the fact that some did! It made the game seem epic! I remember the talks and interviews pre BC xpac about the vast divide between the hardcore raiders and how blizz hoped to bridge that gap and make the WHOLE game accessible to all players. Many xpacs on, i applaud you blizz, you succeeded.
    But you also failed.. because now its all watered down.
    This game NEEDS more things like the puzzle box of yogg saron, and resolutions to those puzzles that perhaps continue into more mysteries!

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THE BOX IS A TOY

The above should actually confirm it impossible to open. What were you expecting? 1 Million Gold from it, a free VIP pass to the Emerald Dream or Azshara Crater, GM powers?
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

Zulch's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    10/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hazzbazzy View Post
    THE BOX IS A TOY

The above should actually confirm it impossible to open. What were you expecting? 1 Million Gold from it, a free VIP pass to the Emerald Dream or Azshara Crater, GM powers?
    Maybe pop some other kids balloons!?

Tinyfin's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    37/56
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About the Black forest.. I am thinking Tirisfal Glades because of the event regarding the Whispering forest/Faerie circle event. N'zoth is likely to be the cause of the emerald nightmare and Ny'alotha seems to be a place within the emerald Nightmare, thus connecting N'zoth and Ny'alotha. The Faeries gather to chant a song and some may know that faeries are immume to the old god's whispering, making N'zoth lying underneath Tirisfal even more logical. ''Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.'' as the event goes on 7 black stags gather around the place, watching the faeries. I still can't find a full explaination but..

- Black forest may be a reference to Tirisfal glades, knowing its history with the elven people now based at Silvermoon etc being driven out by unexplained madness it would make sense it'd be old god whispering.
    - Tirisfal Glades, Whispering forests
    - N'zoth lying underneath 'cause he seemed to be the cause of the emerald nightmare.
    - Ny'alotha seems to be a place within the Emerald Nightmare
    - Faeries are immume to old god's whispering, making them the perfect keepers
    I swear there is a link to that event and N'zoth.
    Last edited by Tinyfin; 03-16-2015 at 07:52 AM.

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time this thread is bumped a kitten is thrown under a train.

lino08's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that this is the Best thread in this section, this toy is the core of exploration, and I'd love il blizzard made more "exploration" contents

Trixiap's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    22/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another kitten under a train

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time this thread is bumped a kitten is thrown under a train.
    Repost!
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ml#post3141181 (Opening the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron)

purkkis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by purkkis; 09-27-2016 at 12:45 PM.

Notfincher's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jjshadoe View Post
    If it can be opened, the results would have been datamined and the info would be out there. (...) my sense of logic is conquering my sense of curiosity on this one.
    There is an interesting Comment from a Developer about the 6.1 cinematic explaining that it was "locked" until the first player "unlocked" it by finalizing the Legend Ring Quest.
    [An Inside Job] Quest Cinematic Missing. - Forums - World of Warcraft

The "lock" method clearly worked as there was no datamining of the Cinematic prior to the release of 6.1 or even some weeks after.

Got yet to read the other ten pages so don't know if someone discovered that but hope you do not get discouraged from *lack of datamining* if you still search.

THE BOX IS A TOY

While I am rationalist enough to reckognize this is the most likely explanation, I do not think we can completely rule everything else either.
    Nothing super-crazy but a secret 13th whisper or something may be within the realm of possibilities.

Personal guess:
    This Puzzle Box reminds me of Works such as Inception which is not about Leonardo Davinci Dicaprio inceptioning that heir. It is about inceptioning you, the viewer, that Leo might be dreaming the entire tiem.

Or John Carpenter's "The Thing" which is an Adaptation a famous novel named "Who goes there?"
    The ambiguous and much-discussed ending was meant to do just that - not tell you who was the thing but to provide you with an uneasy sense of obscurity.
    *Who goes there?* was not a question - it was the answer.
    Last edited by Notfincher; 05-17-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Notfincher View Post
    There is an interesting Comment from a Developer about the 6.1 cinematic explaining that it was "locked" until the first player "unlocked" it by finalizing the Legend Ring Quest.
    [An Inside Job] Quest Cinematic Missing. - Forums - World of Warcraft

The "lock" method clearly worked as there was no datamining of the Cinematic prior to the release of 6.1 or even some weeks after.

Got yet to read the other ten pages so don't know if someone discovered that but hope you do not get discouraged from *lack of datamining* if you still search.

While I am rationalist enough to reckognize this is the most likely explanation, I do not think we can completely rule everything else either.
    Nothing super-crazy but a secret 13th whisper or something may be within the realm of possibilities.

Personal guess:
    The first GM spoke of a "Can Opener". Has anyone tried opening it while wielding Sha-touched Weapons[Heart of Fear/Terrace of Endless Springs] imbued with the Pandaland Legend Gem?
    God just threw a kitten under a train. Again. Also, PLEASE:
    https://youtu.be/L0MK7qz13bU?t=124

Notfincher's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hazzbazzy those are some bold words form someone who used several replies on this page alone, some of which included capsrage and an off-topic Link to a Disney movie.

The 6.1 Cinematic which existed without being datamined is a huge turn of events and in mein Opinion it was worth noting in order to not discourage/bring back discouraged people who were influenced by the *no datamining for this* argument.

Strangletusk's Avatar World Explorer
    Thanks G/R
    2/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Notfincher View Post
    Hazzbazzy those are some bold words form someone who used several replies on this page alone, some of which included capsrage and an off-topic Link to a Disney movie.

The 6.1 Cinematic which existed without being datamined is a huge turn of events and in mein Opinion it was worth noting in order to not discourage/bring back discouraged people who were influenced by the *no datamining for this* argument.
    He was effectively telling you to 'let it go' by linking you to that, so I'd say it's very much on-topic.

Regardless, this thread has been dragged on and on to the point of infamy and must be allowed to die.

If nothing else people, do it for the kittens.
    Last edited by Strangletusk; 05-17-2015 at 06:33 PM.
    My exploration channel: The Strangletusk Expedition

Karkahz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The drowned god's heart is black ice.

Heres a thought ladies and gentlement! The orb we see, following all of the directions of the box, is the heart of the drowned god.

I say this because the orb looks like ice. This would make that the heart of N'zoth, the old God that has been hinted to be under the sea.