Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opening the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron

Hello dear Ownedcore community

It has comed to the time to get this box to open!
    If you have'nt allready seen on the 2nd page of this thread, the opening of Yogg-sarons puzzlebox is indirectly confirmed by a GM Thanks, Nyarly <3

After a long search of any information avaible that might be useful, i found this!

This is a direct copy a wowhead commentary to the item, Source
    Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron - Item - World of Warcraft Scroll down a bit and you will find the comment

By mooningwood (359 – 2·4) on 2011/12/27 (Patch 4.3.0)
    can someone with he box check this out to see if its legit?

Alright, I solved the clues of the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron. This is an epic item that is "Extremely difficult to open" because it is an extremely difficult location that you have to get to in order to open it. Notice how the box has about 10 sec. delay before it whispers a clue? That delay is there because the item is actually having to find its location and see if it is correct. If it didn't open it would just spit out a random 'clue' as soon as you clicked it. With that said, here is my breakdown of the important clues:
    1. At the bottom of the ocean even light must die.
    -The location is at the bottom of the ocean. The deeper you go, the darker it gets. So all the way down.
    2. Even death may die.
    -This would imply that even when you are dead you can die, which is the case with fatigue effect.
    3. You will all be alone in the end.
    -The end refers to death and your spirit. You will not be able to reunite the two after death, thus a spirit resurrection would be required.
    4. All places, all things have souls. All souls can be devoured.
    -The great sea is known for devouring souls. All places touch the great sea and all souls that going into it dies.
    5. You resist. You attempt to cling to your life as if it actually matters. You'll learn.
    -This clue means you won't be able to survive so don't even try. Just get to the location and open the box and let death take you.
    6. In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    -In the sunken temple there is a dreamer's chamber with a dragon sleeping in it. In the sunken city, Vashja'ir, there is a place where dragon's lay dreaming, as dead bone skeletons.
    7. The void sucks at your soul. It is content to feast slowly.
    -The void is what kills you in the outlands when you jump off the ledge, the ocean bottom also has a void that kills you instantly. Be content with the slow feasting of fatigue and get around the void.
    8. What can change the nature of a man?
    -This means by default you won't be able to get there without some kind of enhancement. Suggests underwater breathing potions, faster swimming, survival spells, etc.
    9. The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breaths beneath its shadows.
    -Around this location are shadows of what appears to be dead trees. It's actual the abandon reef's shadows that appear as dead trees all over, which is where you want to start.
    10. The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.
    -This implies swimming down into the dark cold sea.
    11. Open me! Open me! Open me! Then only you will know peace.
    -The panic you will once you click to opening the box on the brink of death. Do it in time, you will be in peace. Good luck with your adventure.
    Here are some photos: WoW-Underwater World pictures by badassfrost - Photobucket

End of comment

The location is SouthWest from the abandoned reef, outside in the fatigue!
    This little blizzforum discussion also tells about this location
    Weird Orb and Bones - Any Lore behind this? - Forums - World of Warcraft

So, the deal is, It seems impossible to get to the orb at the bottom since you will die for some unknown reason.
    He must be playing on a private server since the fatigue bar doesnt show and his character is not seen in the armory.

The location of the orb is somehow not really avaible in coordinates but 20.42, 92.37 was the closest i got, then i was going by eye measures. When the coordinate was close to me i knew that the graveyard (the bones and the orb) where this exist would be when the point shown from tomtom was at the bottom of my minimap

So i need all people with this box who is interested of opening it to try this.

I posted it here because that exploits and anything that can get you down there might be needed.

His way of explaining the clues seems for me to be one of the strongest and the one i support the most.

Adventure has begun =)
    Last edited by Toddler; 03-03-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Opening the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) I can see no exploit in this post (just a theory and no theory on the exploit section)
    2) Vashj'ir giant orb and fishs are reachable without dying using various methods, there are atleast 3 threads on the exploration section about this. One by me few months/years ago.
    3) You can't open the puzzle box, it is not supposed to be opened, it's not a box. It's a vanity item and there is no way it will open in a place blizzard don't want you to go (after fatigue zone).
    However as i'm pretty close to obtain it, i'll this try for you out of curiosity.

My thread on official french forums (from 2010) : http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/forum/topic/1266917141
    If anyone wants more info on this..

This thread should be moved/closed/reworked or something..
    Last edited by Nyarly; 02-29-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Remus3's Avatar Hobby 3D Character Artist Ex-Super Mod CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    le moved to exploration; as it is exploring a game items mechanics and the trickery of the insanity yogg-saron permeates into Azeroth for you to even try to open it.

Think before you post. You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Toddler's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nyarly View Post
    1) I can see no exploit in this post (just a theory and no theory on the exploit section)
    2) Vashj'ir giant orb and fishs are reachable without dying using various methods, there are atleast 3 threads on the exploration section about this. One by me few months/years ago.
    3) You can't open the puzzle box, it is not supposed to be opened, it's not a box. It's a vanity item and there is no way it will open in a place blizzard don't want you to go (after fatigue zone).
    However as i'm pretty close to obtain it, i'll this try for you out of curiosity.

My thread on official french forums (from 2010) : Orbe des titans, Manta et autres gros poissons - Forums - World of Warcraft
    I thank you for taking your time to write this to me, would you please link the ways of actually getting to the pearl?
    Your screenshots shows your character being at that place but not in the pearl/orb whatever it is.
    The 3rd section of your comment is just possibly not true since it says "Extremely difficult to open" not impossible. Wich means that in one way or another it might be openable as the comment on wowhead suggests. And upon mailing GMs about the matter they say the following "I can not tell you how to open it, you must find this out for yourself!" 2 times.
    I even tried to squeese em out information doing RP with em xD

Oh, allmighty overlord and wise man , may you tell me how to open this little box? not even my love seems to melt this lock down o.o

Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread should be moved/closed/reworked or something..
    My thread on official french forums (from 2010) : Orbe des titans, Manta et autres gros poissons - Forums - World of Warcraft
    Btw, no threads are found about this issue. I have been gathering information about this for a week <.< i dont care how long ago people found this orb. People found sticks before they learned to build their houses out of em. What i mean is, the orb might have been found in the beginning, but the purpose of it might be found until we try this out.
    If anyone wants more info on this..

Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...al-depths.html
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...-fish-orb.html

it's reachable with the "you're disconnected for the server but not really" thing.
    You can't cast anything with this so you won't be able to open the box unfortunatly. I thought there was other methods but i can't find the third thread about this (i think there was one with another method).
    If there a way for otherworld in 4.3.3 then you could use it too as it removes fatigue iirc. But again might not be able to use the item.
    It might also be reached with potion of underwater speed + underwater breath + sea mount + lots of heals. I'm going to try this as soon as i complete the artifact, i need only ~30 fragments.

But again, there is no way it can be opened there. Blizzard won't never make exploration stuff useful as you must exploit bugs to get there.
    Maybe it can be opened (i'm really not sure about this) but it will certainly won't be there unless blizzard changed their policy for this specific object which i don't think they'll do.
    And the guy is just making theories over few of the whispers, it doesn't even fit for all of them as 90% of the stuff related to the old gods are easter eggs from Lovercraft's myth.

2. Even death may die.
    -This would imply that even when you are dead you can die, which is the case with fatigue effect.
    This one doesn't even make sense. Fatigue doesn't kill you again once you're dead.
    The full sentence from lovercraft is : "That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die" Referring to cthulhu eternally dreaming in r'lyeh until someone summon him again.
    Doesn't relate in any way with what he says...

I'll make a gm ticket tomorrow to try to get more info
    Last edited by Nyarly; 02-29-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome However, you are wrong about the fatigue thing. It does kill you ! I thought that one was one of the most clever ones ^^ As your an active member i can count of you telling us/me if you succeeded or not! I dont have more time tonight but i will try to disconnect from world, then swimming to orb and relogging.

I know the sentances is from lovecraft but then i thought... Maybe they made this place with the lovercraft quotes in consideration. So i think if this is the place to open the box, they must have built the place from the quotes of Lovercraft.

Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fatigue bar doesn't go off once you're dead but it won't kill you as a corpse or as a ghost
    Yes it kills you, but it doesn't kill you again when you're dead. "even when you are dead you can die"
    Or i should really try dying from fatigue again..

And yep i'll tell you, you can't know how excited i am right now. I love everything lovecraft related and if this box can be opened i'll try everywhere until i succeed >_<

btw +rep for giving me a reason to log in WoW.

Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im lucky i found you since you seem to have the knowledge of how to get there etc. thanks for the rep, be nice hearin from ya ^^

*Last time i tried, i actually did die from fatigue from what i can remember and yes, as a ghost.

Earthcel's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a suprisingly fun and interesting subject :P I got the box quite early in cata (more then a year ago now), but I was always fazinated about it's mystery, and I alwas had a hope it might be possible to open it! I'll be checking back here tomorrow, crossing fingers that maybe one of you have gotten a step closer to figuring out if it is possible. If not, maybe I'll take a go at getting to that 'orb' thing at least. I have as many tools as one would be able to get in order to increse underwater movement legaily at least.

dj_cRaZy00's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, the only problem is that we will die from fatigue if we try to get to the orb?

Wouldn't it be easy to just stack spirit on a lvl 1 and spirit-reg all your way through the orb?^^ Get him a lvl 25 guild and port your char with the guild perk.

Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dj_cRaZy00 View Post
    So, the only problem is that we will die from fatigue if we try to get to the orb?

Wouldn't it be easy to just stack spirit on a lvl 1 and spirit-reg all your way through the orb?^^ Get him a lvl 25 guild and port your char with the guild perk.
    Heh nice idea !

Btw i just read the green text :
    Use: Make a vain attempt to open the puzzle box. (1 Min Cooldown)"

Vain attempt.

Anyway, i'm making a ticket right now.
    Also with netlimiter maybe you can lag enough to reach this place and then unlag to try to open the box ?

Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for showing some interest guys So, there are 2 problems, the first one is ofcourse the fatigue. When you leave Vashj'ir you will be dismounted from your abbysal seahorse since you are leaving the region. I have the Sea turtle and the hook of the masterangler. However it seems as i need something more, then it is some kind of unknown force wich kills you when you go too deep. Possibly this is a bug, as there are a fall limit where you from a fall will stop and die, even if you didnt hit anything. When you die like this it does the same animation (falling away from screen) so possibly this orb is reachable but might be extremely hard to get to. Maybe you have to approach it from a special angle. I dont really understand what you mean with spirit. Does spirit make fatigue go away? if so, i was un-aware of this. I have had the thought that maybe you cold go, then use mass summon and when you die. Mass ress, this would give you double the fatigue and also 1 period of swimming in fatigue for free.

Just share ideas and anything that could be used to get to this location.

Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh nice idea !

Btw i just read the green text :
    Use: Make a vain attempt to open the puzzle box. (1 Min Cooldown)"

Vain attempt.

Anyway, i'm making a ticket right now.
    Also with netlimiter maybe you can lag enough to reach this place and then unlag to try to open the box ?
    Yes, it makes a vain attempt. But if the wowhead guys explanation to the clues are right. They are all based on emotions and impressions, so when you try to open the box you know that it wont work. Thats why it says vain, since its meant to make you mad. I just wanna know if this place makes the box to open or not. Possibly if nothing of our ways of reaching the orb works, trying on a cata private server with teleport might work. Im just brainstorming We will get to the orb in one or another way, and only then... it will be debunked !

btw, will try the lagtool ^^ In school atm so i cant try it xD

Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're speaking about the deathline, i warned you about this on my pm ;p
    Just don't go too deep (or rez below it ?).
    As for the spirit on lvl 1 it's for health regen so he will be able to overcome fatigue damage. However i don't think you can send a lvl 1 in vashj'ir after some thoughts.

Page 1 of 21 12345 ... LastLast