Opening the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron menu

User Tag List

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    eSko's Avatar YmxhY2tqYWNrJmhvb2tlcnM= CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a short conversation with a GM earlier today..

16:23 [me]: during the last few days, there has been quite a fuss around the internet about the opening of the puzzle box of yogg saron (archeology item).. some people believe it may be openable when certain conditions are met
    16:24 [me]: do you have anything you could tell me on that manner?
    16:24 [GM]: Only agents of the Old Gods know the answe and can only tell other agents of the Old Gods ¬¬
    16:24 [me]: that's aweome, cause I clearly am the agent of the Old God
    16:24 [me]: you can tell me
    16:25 [GM]: Ok..
    16:27 [GM]: Are you sure you are?
    16:27 [me]: Yes I am. At least I was when I last checked.
    16:27 [GM]: The answer is..
    16:28 [GM]: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Yogg'Saron wgah'nagl fhtagn
    16:28 [GM]: If there's nothing else, I'll wish you a good afternoon ^^
    16:28 [me]: Hz'woupo juf mhggl'y
    16:28 [me]: thank you and farewell

Ahem.. ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn - Wiktionary

Opening the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no mention of a named city in his one.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    Cthulhu is the old god and R'lyeh the sunken city.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Yogg'Saron wgah'nagl fhtagn
    Only the old god's name. So he must have made this up on his own.

And here is the one they usually use : Pwhn'guul i ghawl'fwata ryiu wgah uul'gwan h'iwn guu'lal.

Also, i got my box ! Going to make some tests <3

Edit : Failed attempt Justin.tv - Nyarly - Vashj'ir Puzzle box attempt I was in the good place imo (couldn't go deeper or i would have died) and thwo tries to open it didn't work.
    I don't know what else i could have done, truth might be elsewhere..
    Last edited by Nyarly; 03-07-2012 at 03:56 AM.

Mahbub's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming it is possible to open the Box with the right can opener, here are a couple of thoughts that might make this even more difficult and insanitizing. What if the key to the Box involves not just one place, but several? And/or not just one player, but several?

So example one: several players grouped as a party but spread across Azeroth in the right places, vainly attempting at the same time. Cue thoughts about ley lines Ley line - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft. The possibilities for different configurations here would be so enormous however that, on first thought at least, I'd doubt Bliz would do this. The problem would be that even if this was the solution to the puzzle, and someone figured it out, and organised a group to test the solution, the group would still be unlikely to solve it because of the vast number of possible configurations. Not in line with Bliz's design philosophy for Cata. Unless someone thinks there is an obvious set of places, I wouldn't even try.

Example two: several players together in the same place, vainly attempting at the same time. Let's say this was the right kind of can opener: not some other item but a group of players all with the Box in the right place. If that was the case, then where might be the right location? Top of my list would be the Whispering Forest, during the fey drunk darters' ritual [/npc=51963]. I'm sure zillions of people have tried their Box during the ritual, but maybe nobody has ever tried with seven other players.

This seems to me to be one worth testing. I keep thinking about how your vain attempt to open the Box casts this spell [/spell=91756] which summons this npc [/npc=49634]. Why this mechanic? Presumably the NPC does something if summoned to the right place at the right time. What's more, the faerie circle itself is an NPC that can be targeted [/npc=51966] using /tar faerie. Maybe if seven players with seven Boxes summon seven npc=49634's during the ritual performed by the seven FDD's while targeting the Faerie Circle, we'll see a Darter vs. 49634 fight and disrupt the ritual.

It might make a difference if everyone was at the centre of the circle, or arrayed behind or alongside each of the FDD's, or targeting the Faerie Circle, but the ritual lasts a few minutes so the group could try a range of things while popping the box in sync.

Getting seven people together on the same server who all have the Box and are up for it - I can see this might take a little organising...

[Spells and NPC references are to wowhead. I wrote this with the full url's, but since I'm new here I had to strip them out to be allowed to post.]
    Last edited by Mahbub; 03-07-2012 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Remembered that faerie circle can be targeted

Mahbub's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ Even better, what if the group of seven in the whispering forest popped Blessing of the Old God during the ritual, before opening their boxes? What could be more opposite the faerie dragons than a Qiraji?

eSko's Avatar YmxhY2tqYWNrJmhvb2tlcnM= CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mahbub View Post
    I keep thinking about how your vain attempt to open the Box casts this spell [/spell=91756] which summons this npc [/npc=49634]. Why this mechanic? Presumably the NPC does something if summoned to the right place at the right time.
    Call me a pessimist, but I believe that the NPC is there simply for the technical stuff behind the "Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron whispers: xxx" part...

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been watching this thread grow.... and as it has, my interest grows as well. I will now most definitely begin the search for my own Puzzle Box. My farming will begin this weekend.

Here is my theory:

Originally Posted by eSko View Post
    16:24 [GM]: Only agents of the Old Gods know the answe and can only tell other agents of the Old Gods ¬¬
    I believe that this means you must open the Puzzle Box while under the effects of the Blessing of the Old Gods.

There is one of the whispers that the box can respond with: "Y'knath k'th'rygg k'yi mrr'ungha gr'mula."

My theory is that this whisper will be translated if you receive this whisper from the Box while under the effect of the Blessing of the Old God (and perhaps if you are in the correct location).

I am also curious about the GM that said something about "running really really far when you try to open it". Perhaps you have to find the correct event location, activate the Blessing of the Old God (for translation), then click the Puzzle Box and run (swim?) in one direction... so that you are not standing at the event location when the event occurs...

Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://i.imgur.com/kHo8a.jpg
    It was not during the event and i didn't get the "Y'knath k'th'rygg k'yi mrr'ungha gr'mula." text but it didn't work

The spawned npc is for ths whisper, since it's an invisible inferno and that every whispers comes from inferno i don't see why this one would do anything else.

What we should keep in mind is that if it can be opened, it must be doable on both faction without being hard to access (not an exploration, something open).
    Really really far didn't mean that you had to run fast, but really far, so i don't know about moving after opening it..

What's weird is the time between the moment when you click and the moment when it whispers (9 or 10 seconds everytime). Don't know what it could mean but i like the idea that it check the location before answering.

I'll do the exploit to keep the blessing of the old god forever and i'll use the box until i have this whisper:
    "Y'knath k'th'rygg k'yi mrr'ungha gr'mula.".
    I'll make a screenshot (9 minutes cd now)

pac7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, if we get more peeps involved this mystery will be solved!
    Last edited by pac7; 03-07-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to ahn qiraj as a battle tank with the blessing and opening the box every minutes in live : Nanacry on Justin.tv if you want to follow my loooooong and boring progress xD

Made a post in french official forums : http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/forum/to...36799?page=1#0

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Nyarly: I do not believe that using the exploit to keep the Blessing forever would work, if the Blessing is part of the trigger for the Puzzle Box. If the game is checking to see if you have the Blessing, I would think that it is checking for the actual buff, and using the exploit you have no buff. Just a theory though, as the game does still know your shapeshifted...there's just no buff.

I just realized something (something big, I think). I think the 9-10 second wait for the whisper is so you can DIE. Question: What happens if you die while under the effect of the Blessing of the Old God... does your body lose the transformation in death (before you release)??

What if we were to activate the Blessing of the Old God... then you click on the Puzzle Box... then you DIE (from say, drowning)?? Perhaps it is waiting the 10 seconds to give you TIME TO DIE.

"Even death may die."
    "All places, all things have souls. All souls can be devoured."

Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my video i died at the last second and it didn't do anything but i wasn't with blessing of the old gods ..
    I'll try that, i'll just fall from a mountain

For the buff people see you like that so it''s server side, i think i should be enough :/
    Last edited by Nyarly; 03-07-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ Dumb question... why are you walking to AQ from Org as the battle tank? Couldn't you just do the exploit to remain in the Blessing at AQ and save yourself the walk?

*edit: Just realized your Live Stream has a chat... signing up.
    Last edited by WizardTrokair; 03-07-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah i want to see if the message is translated with the blessing so i need time to have it picked randomly and since i have nothing else to do, why not going to aq try the box ^^

Everything failed :
    not translated with blessing, nothing in ahn qiraj with blessing, nothing in vashjir dying from deathline or not with or without blessing.
    I don't know what else to do know ^^
    Last edited by Nyarly; 03-07-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    I just realized something (something big, I think). I think the 9-10 second wait for the whisper is so you can DIE. Question: What happens if you die while under the effect of the Blessing of the Old God... does your body lose the transformation in death (before you release)??
    this is big.
    honestly, that's the only reasonable explanation I can think of... the idea that server needs 10 seconds just to check your location is total bullshit...
    OR, it should just simulate the time that "vain attempt" to open the box would take...

update:
    I tried to fly up in the air, dismount, use Blessing of the Old God and right above the ground open the Puzzle Box. When I died, I lost my transformation model and just received regular box's whisp message.
    Last edited by eSko; 03-07-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Mahbub's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by eSko View Post
    Another thought: what about Twilight Cultist Robe/Mantle/Cowl? This I think would be a pretty remote possibility since they pre-dated Archeology. But in the wowhead comments on the robe, someone writes

NOTE: This item/usage is no longer valid post-Cataclysm. It is supposedly safe to disenchant, sell, or toss the required items (per two different in-game GMs, though a third did say maybe there will be use for them but he wasn't certain AT ALL of this).
    It's maybe interesting that the replies from the GMs were not the same. Might be an idea to ask a GM specifically if it's safe to get rid of Twilight Cultist stuff, or might it have a role in opening the Box.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast