Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dj_cRaZy00 View Post
    Try to swim with your sandstonedrake to the orb first^^
    Ughs that might take a bit longer to get than the box lol. Omg.

Opening the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron
    Ninjashifter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: I farmed and got the box today, I popped Blessing of the Old God - Item - World of Warcraft aswell as
    Vanquished Tentacle of C'Thun - Item - World of Warcraft
    and
    Vanquished Clutches of Yogg-Saron - Item - World of Warcraft
    I'm not sure if i popped in the right place, i popped right outside of the death zone as i could not get any close to the orb without being auto-killed, when i popped the trinkets the tentacles were not near me, they may have spawned ontop of the water, meaning I may need to go to ground level or something to get them to spawn close enough for some kind of trigger. More testing inc.

Disphotic's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    79/103
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how about trying it with Eye of Shadow equipped? the lvl 60 trinket for the priest staff in MC which are no longer obtainable, (eye of shadow isnt dropped, but can be gotten by someone who kept it)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Felheart View Post
    how about trying it with Eye of Shadow equipped? the lvl 60 trinket for the priest staff in MC which are no longer obtainable, (eye of shadow isnt dropped, but can be gotten by someone who kept it)
    How does it relate to the puzzle box though?

Andros's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm. I've read the thread, and I believe that it's possible to hex-edit the death zone, to remove the water, to spawn another of the orbs on safe ground - My point? Model-edits! Spoutnik, you are good at this shit; would you be able to edit the terrain in order to remove the deathlines or fatigue?

kaldonir's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone ever tried to open it while the Fey Drunk Darters in Tirisfal Glades are channeling their event?
    On Wowhead it has been discussed that there may be a connection between this event and the old gods. I don't have the Puzzle Box for myself, but I thought one of you could try it.

spoutnik's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    15/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Andros View Post
    Hm. I've read the thread, and I believe that it's possible to hex-edit the death zone, to remove the water, to spawn another of the orbs on safe ground - My point? Model-edits! Spoutnik, you are good at this shit; would you be able to edit the terrain in order to remove the deathlines or fatigue?
    Good idea, but this wouldn't be possible for some reasons :
    · The deathzone is handled serverside, and model editing only applies clientside. The only thing I can do is negating the camera effect that you have when you touch a deadline (you know, when you see your character falling but the camera doesn't follow). So you would see your char falling near the orb. However, you would still die, and so be unable to try to open the box.
    · The same goes for fatigue. I don't know if it was possible to remove, or at least alter fatigue before, but, actually, it's not possible, as it's handled serverside.
    · The tools for removing water and spawning orbs are still not updated to Cataclysm. Noggit, for instance, still only works with 3.3.5a and Cataclysm alpha because the terrain files are in the same format.

But I don't think that model editing would solve this problem, as such interactions with objects are handled server-side : the object itself of course, but also your location.
    And I've been thinking : if the box could be opened, wouldn't the result of it have been datamined ? On the Wowpedia page of this item, it says that the box can't be opened. And if it was openable, why would "Make a vain attempt to open the puzzle box." be written as the Use effect ?
    Unless Blizzard playing with the players I don't see other possibilities (remember when many people thought it was possible to find the Ashbringer by fishing ? ^^).

yellowspark's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday i asked a gm about this and he said exactly these words :"I cannot say." after that he left ..

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by yellowspark View Post
    Yesterday i asked a gm about this and he said exactly these words :"I cannot say." after that he left ..
    Interesting O.o it seems either alot of GM's are trolling or they know something.

Vaskebjørnen's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God damnit, I want this to happen. Even though I'm not playing anymore, I have never been as excited for anything WoW related before. COME ON OC! DO IT!

x40xcalx's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't this exciting? This is what WoW has been missing for a long time, mystery. I am sitting in front of the mushroom circle in Tirisfal Glades, The Whispering Forest where 5 drakes have spawned and I am waiting for the last two, in attempt to open to box during their ritual. However I dont feel it will work. I will update as soon as it's over.

kaustos's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ninjashifter View Post
    How does it relate to the puzzle box though?
    I suppose the same way the eye relates to Ricole Niche in Shattrath- not at all, but its there!

Calcifer's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, but Yogg's relationship with insanity and the answers given by GMs seem fairly similar. If I were to take a guess, I'd just say that the box's purpose is to only emphasize the madness of the Old Gods by giving you an unopenable object with questionable clues. On top of that, the GMs are giving mixed answers as if to contribute to frustrating the user. But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Kudos for the effort, regardless!

Classicclean's Avatar Constructeur de lá Fotz
    Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WoW. This is just stunning. This is as exciting as the theories about the way how to get to the emerald dream back in classic..You just motivated me to farm this box,too. I hope we soon find a solution on how to open it. I would've repped you, but apparently I have to spread reputation around before giving it again to you

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Classicclean View Post
    WoW. This is just stunning. This is as exciting as the theories about the way how to get to the emerald dream back in classic..You just motivated me to farm this box,too. I hope we soon find a solution on how to open it. I would've repped you, but apparently I have to spread reputation around before giving it again to you
    I know! I farmed it out within 6 hours of reading this thread. Someone should start organizing our efforts on a website or something lol, With things like locations, items used at location, and when puzzle box was clicked. Its alot of work to read through and record everyones responses in this thread though so it would be alot of work.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast