Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by eSko View Post
    well, this is pretty exciting thread...

but to be honest, I simply don't believe that with all that datamining going on all the time, something like this could remain hidden.. when you consider the amount of people playing the game and the amount of people knowing the answer to our question, it really seems impossible that NOBODY would leak it...

also, I will try to ask some GM few questions.. not sure when tho, 'cause that means I would have to stop botting for a while and that's not gonna happen till monday.
    Ahahaah I know how it feels like m8 xD
    So basically i forgot to tell everyone. I have asked 3 GMs in total about this, 3 of them encouraged me to keep on looking for the method of opening it. The 4th he said "No!" he also said he asked his GM friend sitting next to him and he also said no. However, Nyarlys reply was interesting. So, yes, it might not be openable.. But if so, i want some clear evidence before my Epic quest of opening this box ends. If we say that the GMs who didnt say no is a yes, its 4vs1(2)

Btw, eSko.. im a real no-lifer, starting every reply about 1 minute after its posted X)

Opening the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron
    Wolfkin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I spent a while today trying to get this place to work and I found with enough lag you can get right up to the pearl and look around all you want, but if you touch the deadzone at any time you're dead once you de-lag to use the item..

I'm going to try doing this again tomorrow with a soulstone on me and see if I can get it to work after res underneath it (I wonder, would going under the map and to it that way might be a workaround?) Will post results

That being said, I'm doing this mainly as a "see if I can" kinda thing, I doubt the box will do anything
    Last edited by Wolfkin; 03-01-2012 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Stupid autocorrect

Remus3's Avatar Hobby 3D Character Artist Ex-Super Mod CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread restored, let the insanity continue

Think before you post. You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

dj_cRaZy00's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found on WoWHead that if you use the box it will cast a spell called Whisper that will summon the NPC Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron. WoWHead says "The location of this NPC is unknown. " and maybe that is the point why the information couldn't be datamined, 'cause the NPC is in game, but not visible if used at the wrong place.

Code:
    Spell Details

Duration	n/a
    School	Physical
    Mechanic	n/a
    Dispel type	n/a
    GCD category	n/a
    Cost	None
    Range	50000 yards (Anywhere)
    Cast time	Instant
    Cooldown	n/a
    GCD	0 seconds
    Effect	Summon (49634)
    Radius: 50000 yards

I'm very curious about it if the box could be opened I Hope that my post is helpfull in any sort and this mystery get solved soon

And Thanks Remus3 for restoring the Thread
    Last edited by dj_cRaZy00; 03-02-2012 at 05:55 AM.

eSko's Avatar YmxhY2tqYWNrJmhvb2tlcnM= CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, that's really cool!
    now we are getting somewhere!

I am starting to believe it can be "opened", even if in fact that means that it will summon an NPC, which will, hopefully, reward you with something...

pharoma's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solve fastur Really interresting thread!

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://i.imgur.com/nAOP0.jpg
    Here is this beauty on Skyfire Emu and it's invisible without gm mod. I think it's just the thing that whispers you.

Maybe it will just whisper something different instead of giving a reward ?
    Or as someone said, maybe the gm was just trolling..

eSko's Avatar YmxhY2tqYWNrJmhvb2tlcnM= CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be interesting to check if other "XXX Whispers: YYY" messages during some quests are also done by invisible NPCs. If they are, then I will be pretty sad about this.

x40xcalx's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get pretty close to the skeletons without getting fatigue as seen here. Im going to summon my druid friend here and have him swim as far down as he can and summon me to him. Ill post results after.

Screen shot: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Edit: When I got summoned down to the skeletons I INSTANTLY died.
    Screenshot of how close I could get: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...0302at615.png/

btw i fail at editing lol.
    Last edited by x40xcalx; 03-02-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Toddler's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get this. The guy who suggested that the orb was the key to the opening of the box might have been trolling. But still, his answers to what the clues meant were some of the smartest and most logical. Thanks for trying out in Vashj'ir folks I will go back to my research and google all the keywords i can think of related to this item. Keep posting ideas and tips! Perhaps its not openable. But basically it isnt openable until the opposite is proven.

Mahbub's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warnings and apologies: pure unsubstantiated tin-foil-hatted and probably dead-end speculation follows.

Could opening the puzzle box require some interaction with other Archeology artefacts?

Sehrenth, the French GM who spoke to Nyarly, wrote that "it depends on the quality of your can-opener". (Not just, as Nyarly translated, "It depends on your tin-opener")

Can't we conclude from this that the box requires some kind of opener? A key of sorts?

If so, here are a couple of candidates.
    Vial of the Sands. Why is it listed in the Armory Vial of the Sands - Game Guide - World of Warcraft as "Mount (Aquatic)"? Perhaps it has some special function in getting to the bottom of the ocean?

Blessing of the Old God. Nyarly's GM wrote "GM - I don't know, the last one we suspected having opened the box answered to questions with "Gharghlhl' or something like that." When you solve the Blessing, the text reads unlike any of the other Archeology rewards: "Pwhn'guul i ghawl'fwata ryiu wgah uul'gwan h'iwn guu'lal. Pwhn'guul i ghawl'fwata ryiu wgah uul'gwan h'iwn guu'lal. Pwhn'guul i ghawl'fwata ryiu wgah uul'gwan h'iwn guu'lal." (see Blessing of the Old God - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft). Perhaps you need to use the Blessing at the right place in order to open the puzzle box?

Problem is I haven't levelled Archeology yet so can't test the ideas out myself, hence the warnings and apologies.

Mahbub's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further (probably) dead-end speculation about quality can-openers: how about

Vanquished Clutches of Yogg-Saron / item=46312
    Vanquished Tentacle of C'Thun / item=21579
    Fanged Tentacle / item=72862
    Treachery's Bite / item=72866

I would post the full wowhead urls for these but as a new poster I'm blocked from doing so.

Toddler's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very interesting i think Thanks for correcting Nyarlys translation Vial of the sands is a cataclysm item and it comes form Archeology so that might be likely that it has something to do with this o.o If you got more theories just post em, i find it pretty entertaining and interesting to read

edit: Welcome to Ownedcore Mahbub ^^
    Last edited by Toddler; 03-03-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Ninjashifter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Both of the Tentacle Trinkets, aswell as the Blessing of the Old God, so i am now working on getting the puzzle box, once i get it I will try popping both tentacles aswell as the blessing of the old god near the orb and hope something happens.

dj_cRaZy00's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ninjashifter View Post
    I have Both of the Tentacle Trinkets, aswell as the Blessing of the Old God, so i am now working on getting the puzzle box, once i get it I will try popping both tentacles aswell as the blessing of the old god near the orb and hope something happens.
    Try to swim with your sandstonedrake to the orb first^^

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast