5/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Wallclimbing] Insane wall Deadmines

Keepers of the Secrets bring you another insane wall to climb! It have been a long time since we filmed another insane wall, but we are happy to release another one! Remember we are always looking for explorers to explore with no matter if you are a new or advanced explorer. Please contact us on Rexxar EU (DE), on youtube or add Cruven on skype "Vallentftw"
    Happy climbing!

[Wallclimbing] Insane wall Deadmines
    Teryaki's Avatar Legendary Explorer CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walljumping... fun times! remember doing this for hours and hours back in BC before it was somewhat fixed. I know some walls you can still walljump on (like the video). Lots of swearing and pulling of the hair back then, even more now! +rep from me.

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always glad to see another adventure by Keepers of the Secrets... one of the most respected exploration crews in our community.

As usual, you've outdone yourself. What an amazing climb. I know how hard this is, and you manage to make it look easy! Not to mention that I have never seen this method to get to DM Secret. I've seen people use that cave before, but they were on the other side of the door. As a Wizard, I KNOW that you can blink through cave tops like that... can't believe I never thought to do it in an instance cave! Simply wonderful.

I wonder if someone could get so good at wall climbing to make it to the VERY top of this mountain... looking down into the cavern with the boat...

+4 rep for sharing this. Showing stuff from the very first instance... old school exploration... wall climbing.... just inspiring!! Love it.

Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree Trokair, nothing like old school exploration. I remember doing the rocketboots method way back in Wrath to get back there, but I recently deleted the rocketboots on my mage (doh) and picked up alchemy instead. I had no idea that you could mount back there though. May have to drop alchemy and get engineering again!

spoutnik's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    15/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very impressive
    And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Cruven123's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    Always glad to see another adventure by Keepers of the Secrets... one of the most respected exploration crews in our community.

As usual, you've outdone yourself. What an amazing climb. I know how hard this is, and you manage to make it look easy! Not to mention that I have never seen this method to get to DM Secret. I've seen people use that cave before, but they were on the other side of the door. As a Wizard, I KNOW that you can blink through cave tops like that... can't believe I never thought to do it in an instance cave! Simply wonderful.

I wonder if someone could get so good at wall climbing to make it to the VERY top of this mountain... looking down into the cavern with the boat...

+4 rep for sharing this. Showing stuff from the very first instance... old school exploration... wall climbing.... just inspiring!! Love it.
    We will climb Kezan mountain before getting on top of theverry top of this mountain. As that climb will have so many jumps and not a strict path like a insane wall.

Originally Posted by Teryaki2 View Post
    I agree Trokair, nothing like old school exploration. I remember doing the rocketboots method way back in Wrath to get back there, but I recently deleted the rocketboots on my mage (doh) and picked up alchemy instead. I had no idea that you could mount back there though. May have to drop alchemy and get engineering again!
    Remeber you don`t need rocket boots for this. Mount and slowfall works just fine.

Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is mounting in Deadmines new to Cata? Because back in Wrath I remember that rocket boots were a must to be able to get there, and not die.

EDIT: It just hit me, I remember that mounting was not enough speed to make it above the water. Back in Wrath, you could not swim in water underneath the ground, they had disabled it. For whatever reason, you can swim underneath ground in Cata again.
    Last edited by Teryaki; 02-14-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So gosu

Love it, i wanted to wait for strangletusk before transfering but you're really making me want to join you now ;_;

I wonder if someone could get so good at wall climbing to make it to the VERY top of this mountain...
    I remember seeing someone doing it, but it was with the levitate glitch..

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Teryaki2 View Post
    Is mounting in Deadmines new to Cata? Because back in Wrath I remember that rocket boots were a must to be able to get there, and not die.

EDIT: It just hit me, I remember that mounting was not enough speed to make it above the water. Back in Wrath, you could not swim in water underneath the ground, they had disabled it. For whatever reason, you can swim underneath ground in Cata again.
    Correct... the ability to swim in water that is underneath the ground makes this possible without the boots. IIRC, you could always mount in that last 'outdoor' cavern of the Deadmines, but I could be wrong.

You don't even need to go all the way to that last cavern... there are other spots in the instance where you can do the old Giant-Growth/DC through walls and just jump & slowfall (unmounted) to DM Secret. The pipe at the beginning of the instance still works, but you need to go to the left side of it (they added a wall/beam behind the right side). Underneath the curved ramp in the room with Foe Reaper 5000 is another spot.

The thing I like about this cave spot that Cruven shows here is that it only involves blinking or mounting... no DC or growth needed.

Thanks G/R
    5/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by NanaCry View Post
    So gosu

Love it, i wanted to wait for strangletusk before transfering but you're really making me want to join you now ;_;

I remember seeing someone doing it, but it was with the levitate glitch..
    Come on over !
    Also if you have skype add me "vallentftw"

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God i miss that Levitate Glitch. going outside the Above ground Aq, then outside instanced Silithus, then outside the strange hilly land that was there all the way out to the flat white beyond.

Is there a good Guide around about Walljumping? i must learn!

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

Synrithh's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great video, awesome walljumping.

Now, please explain, how the heck can you walljump? =.=

I walljumped soo much in vanilla/tbc but now since it got "fixed" I find it freaking impossible

Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno if there really is a guide for wall jumping to be honest. It all depends on the mountain you are jumping and how the geometry of the mountain is like. Correct me if I am wrong.
    My Exploration Channel: Teryaki's Channel
    Teryaki#1806

Thanks G/R
    5/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no guide out on it how to wallclimb. Its all about practice. And you will practice if you are intrested in exploring and wallclimbing. I have said this many times before i will happily wallclimb with new climbers and help them out.
    I mean a guide could be made. But its like a guide how to PvP better and what abilities to use over other etc. Insane and mountain wallclimbing is two VERY different types of climb. On mountain you need to search more on spot and look for it. On a wall you jump more or less the same direction.
    Last edited by Cruven123; 02-14-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Synrithh's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'd better get on with my practise.

I did some insane wallclimbing in vanilla, when the TBC patch came out I walljumped up to Ghostlands, I counted 113 jumps, took me several hours due to failing loads of times, I hate myself for not saving screenshots and an exploration movie I did in vanilla..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast