Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Exploration] Instanced Silverpine

Hey Ownedcore!

Back here tonight with another exploration. I searched "Explore" "Explore Shadowfang Keep" "Silverpine Instanced" and found nothing on this particular way out.

As far as I know, this is the only way out at the moment, since Blizz fixed the way out where you could fall out from the broken tower. (I found lots of posts on that one)

Difficulty: Easy

Here we go!

Start where you first emerge out from the Chapel past Commander Springvale. The ledge is to the right. You can either run or jump towards the ledge and land on it.
    [Exploration] Instanced Silverpine-wowscrnshot_021012_230349-jpg

Next, you have to run along the ledge. Be cautious when running into the window, you could hook yourself onto it and fall off.
    [Exploration] Instanced Silverpine-wowscrnshot_021012_230402-jpg

Once you reach the corner, it looks as if you are almost about to fall off. Position yourself so you can run forward, and you should run onto the next part of the ledge.
    [Exploration] Instanced Silverpine-wowscrnshot_021012_230424-jpg

Keep running along the ledge until you reach the end of it.
    [Exploration] Instanced Silverpine-wowscrnshot_021012_231522-jpg

This is the important part, you must mount up and position yourself to run and jump towards the mountain side that is in the red box. If you don't mount and jump, you won't make it and get ported out. You need to be full health as well, unless you are a rogue, or you will probably die.
    [Exploration] Instanced Silverpine-wowscrnshot_021012_230754-jpg

Regain your health, fall down a few more times into the ocean. Avoid areas in the green line area. You risk getting teleported out.
    [Exploration] Instanced Silverpine-wowscrnshot_021012_232621-jpg

I had my graphics down to low at the time, so I was kind of in for a nasty surprise when I saw it was like the Cataclysm Silverpine Forest. I was hoping for the old school Greymane Wall and such. I don't believe this method was possible because you never used to be able to mount in Shadowfang Keep (to my knowledge) before Cataclysm.

Just some notes. You can go into the village below, but there are some areas that will teleport you out. There are some cool areas in Gilneas and closer to Undercity where there are floating fishies and stuff.

To get back: Simply run back up towards the instance. You will be ported out.

Have fun exploring! More hopefully later.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added a video! Sorry for the quality, as I was messing around with my Mac WoW client's built in game recording. I think I fixed how the quality is for future videos (hopefully!).

Be sure to visit my channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/Teryaki11/videos. More will be uploaded soon!
    Last edited by Teryaki; 02-13-2012 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Added Video!

[Exploration] Instanced Silverpine
    Relican's Avatar Elite User Creepy in a good way CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    49/57
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm loving the methods and easy-to-follow instructions you're posting, as well as the format you're posting them in. Keep it up! Can't rep you again, but will try to remember to when I can.

Teryaki's Avatar Legendary Explorer CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a bunch! Will keep finding more methods for fixed exploration.

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm loving all your post
    Mainly because i don't know the stuff you show. Gratz again and thanks for sharing it.

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Relican and NanaCry said it already.... you are posting in a great format that is easy to follow, and posting methods that we have not seen before. Thanks for sharing this, and I am looking forward to your future adventures!

I love that you are looking places we have already looked, and finding new methods. That sort of thing is very inspiring.

...and I also have to spread some reputation before giving it to you again. (It is unfortunately one of the limitations of this forum, when a user finds multiple useful things in a short amount of time.)

As for this bit...
    Originally Posted by Teryaki2 View Post
    As far as I know, this is the only way out at the moment....
    You can actually still fall from any of the outside ledges to get out of SFK. All you need to do is DC yourself as you're falling, but before you hit the loading screen.
    I much prefer your method, as methods to DC in this game tend to come and go, and yours is simple.

Joeljuve's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great method, love ur posts , i didnt know it was still possible to get out but now i have 2 ways to do it, thanks alot teryaki and wizard
    Btw, does anyone know when i can start giving out rep, i dont wanna be a lazy leecher

Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you get out of Lazy Leecher status after 5 rep? Also, I am planning on uploading videos to YouTube on my latest posts. Will try to work on them tonight after I run a few errands. I will just add them to the post and keep the picture guides up.
    Last edited by Teryaki; 02-13-2012 at 01:50 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Teryaki2 View Post
    I believe you get out of Lazy Leecher status after 5 rep? Also, I am planning on uploading videos to YouTube on my latest posts. Will try to work on them tonight after I run a few errands. I will just add them to the post and keep the picture guides up.
    Much appreciated !

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Joeljuve View Post
    i didnt know it was still possible to get out but now i have 2 ways to do it, thanks alot teryaki and wizard
    Teryaki inspired me to do my own video. I hope he doesn't mind me putting it here in his thread.

I included his method, plus the method I mentioned above, and also a method that I've seen done previously by Reznik.... so now you will have 3 ways to do it.

Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool WizardTrokair! I don't mind it being in this thread, because it is the same place, and I love finding other methods for exploration!
    My Exploration Channel: Teryaki's Channel
    Teryaki#1806

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Trokair, hehe im loving these videos, great job you guys

Koruun's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This should still work as well, I slowfall towards a different point now though. I uploaded this for someone awhile back, I don't remember his/her name :[

Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow, this was one of my first explorations that I posted on Ownedcore, it brings back good memories

Did they fix something where you have to slowfall that way? Just curious for future reference. +rep for the video, glad to see people using this method

-Teryaki
    My Exploration Channel: Teryaki's Channel
    Teryaki#1806