Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exploration Movie: A Warlock's Journey

Hi !

This film is a project I started after finishing a short 10mn exploration video (which is featured in the first part of the film). The video was quite popular, so I decided to turn it into a real film, developing the plot of the first episode.

This film is the result of 4 months of intensive work, looking for the zones, every little place in it, filling my hard disk drive with footage and finally making the final video.

I've never dedicated myself this much to a video before, and I've greatly improved my skills in video making. You can feel it as the film progresses: it increases in quality from beginning to end.

As far as content is concerned, I understand that 45mn of exploration may seem long to some of you. That's why I've tried to make it as enjoyable as possible, wisely choosing the soundtrack, detailing each part, adding a plotline.
    There is much more explorable content than shown in this video; I've chosen the most beautiful and interesting ones, with the goal of making the film more enjoyable.

Of course, all shots (even RP ones) were filmed on the official EU server Krasus, without any hacks and third party softwares who influence directly during the game.

I just show places, not show how to get there.

I hope you'll enjoy the video !

Khamúl
    Last edited by Khamul40; 08-25-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Exploration Movie: A Warlock's Journey
    Traxex84's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't have time to watch the whole video but I skimmed through it, good work +rep will watch it all tonight.

spoutnik's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    15/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving it, but I have already said it to you

Malfurion's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's.. wow! Awesome. Nothing more to say. You've done this very well. I like the story behind the movie, it's really exiting.. And I like the end! Full rep from me for this great video.

But I have one question: Are you using model edits for this video? Because you've said that you don't use third party software, but there are places.. Which I didn't know that they exist! Did you really got there on live realms without any third party tools? If some of the places are reachable at the moment.. Than I've to work on exploration today.
    Last edited by Malfurion; 08-21-2011 at 03:23 AM.

OotHE's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    64/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without using hacks or third-party programs? That's unbelievable! The editing was phenomenal, the transitions were so clean, the music was superb, and there was even a storyline! I've been dying to see a movie-esque sort of thing like this come around, and this is exactly how I pictured it, if not better!

And of course that's what buddy Zhao has been up to, hunh? The Royal Esploring Fundation honestly doesn't get as much credit as it should, but that's because no one even knows them! I've always seen good work come out from them. It was a wonderful video, and I'll feature it as soon as I can! GOOD JOB!!!
    ~"In Exploration, we believe, and in Discovery we practice. Keep exploration alive!"~

spoutnik's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    15/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by OotHE View Post
    Without using hacks or third-party programs? That's unbelievable! The editing was phenomenal, the transitions were so clean, the music was superb, and there was even a storyline! I've been dying to see a movie-esque sort of thing like this come around, and this is exactly how I pictured it, if not better!

And of course that's what buddy Zhao has been up to, hunh? The Royal Esploring Fundation honestly doesn't get as much credit as it should, but that's because no one even knows them! I've always seen good work come out from them. It was a wonderful video, and I'll feature it as soon as I can! GOOD JOB!!!
    No Nacht, this is not what Zhao had been up to, sorry
    But when he'll be done with Across the Horizon, you'll hear of it, I can assure you xD

Khamul40's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No softwares excepts Fraps and WoWCameraTool used at the same time as the game, and indeed on, no used hack.
    Sorry but I cannot say about it any more

I'm very happy that you like the movie !
    Thanks !

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh DEAR GODS old ulduar and the karazhan alpha with textures, that's truly amazing !
    This reminds me of the old dopefish movies, i'd love to see more long videos like that

And yeah, he's using model editing everywhere (even the deathcharger mount), and i'm not really sure about the hacks/private server, on top of the karazhan netherspace doesn't look like really plausible without some help imo.
    (and do need those mpqs)

+4 rep for you.

Edit : "You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."
    Last edited by Nyarly; 08-21-2011 at 04:20 AM.

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just a wonderful, wonderful effort. I am so thankful that you shared this with us!

I've seen many of these places, but the camera work and music that you've put to them just make them so much more majestic. And the places I haven't seen (like The Observatory) are just so intriguing! What an epic video.

+2 rep from me, I wish I could give you more. Khamul is not a name that I know... but you are known to me now, and I will spread the word!

DrakeFish's Avatar Lazy Leecher

Thanks G/R
    0/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This video was beautiful. I loved the camera angles, the editing and music were amazing and the idea of putting a small storyline within an exploration video sure made it more enjoyable. This all combined with the fact that I didn't ever see some of the spots you were showing there made me want to watch it again.

It took you a long time to edit the video, and it was totally worth it! Great job!

Traxex84's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by NanaCry View Post
    And yeah, he's using model editing everywhere (even the deathcharger mount)
    You mean the crimson death chrager.. that BOE death charger from the shadowmourne chest?...

Edit: I checked his armory, he does indeed own the crimson death charger and the ashes of al'ar you see in the video, he also wears the exact set of armor he wore throughout the video.

And yay 500 posts :3
    Last edited by Traxex84; 08-21-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright i didn't know about this deathcharger..
    But anyway, he's using model editing for emerald dream, developer island, old ulduar and karazhan alpha.

And gratz for you post count ;p
    Last edited by Nyarly; 08-21-2011 at 10:48 AM.

OotHE's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    64/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by spoutnik View Post
    No Nacht, this is not what Zhao had been up to, sorry
    But when he'll be done with Across the Horizon, you'll hear of it, I can assure you xD
    Ah, alright. I just haven't seen him around in a while, and I feel bad that there was confusion back when Cadburi tried framing him for hacking us. Something about your statement sends chills up my spine by the way - good chillds, don't worry. Haha~ I look forward to it!!
    ~"In Exploration, we believe, and in Discovery we practice. Keep exploration alive!"~

Alleriaz's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent movie! I especially loved the music +rep!

mescamikee's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was really a pleasure to watch it!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast