0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fly Inside of Buildings (In Outlands)

I am on dial up (I live on a farm in the middle of no where, no cable/etc), and though 99.9999% of the time this is a disadvantage, I found one thing useful out of it.

If you lag your connection very badly (I do this by resuming a large download) while on a flying mount, you can continue to fly around, even inside of buildings that normally dismount you.

Why am I posting this? Well, knowing you all, you can find useful tricks with this information. You could, for example, get on top of a rafter/lamp/any other ceiling-type object and gank those below you.

Not that this matters, but I asked my friend to tell me what it looked like on his screen. He told me that it looked like I was swimming very fast through the air, and then just stopped on the protrusion of the wall, near the ceiling. He said it looked pretty funny.

I hope this can help you pass a few minutes, and I hope you enjoy!

Fly Inside of Buildings (In Outlands)
    Jackx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol... i knew about the lag but never thought that i could use it for something nice1 +Rep

Yazuak's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure your flying around after resuming the download isn't just clientside? that is, if anyone else were to look at you they would see you as in the same place you were when you started lagging.

Stew's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not neccesarily, if you're lagging your downstream out, your upstream packets should continue to go i think

Cush's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its its possible, if you just used a program to lag yourself and flew to a ledge or something quickly then resumed, everything should update around you (Just like when you get a lag spike and everyone freezes, then when your connection comes back it all updates to what is happening at that point in time)

Igam08's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cush, if you mean what I said (the whole topic) is impossible, I assure you it isn't.

When the "lag spike" is over, pretty much when I stop the download or wait long enough for the game to start un-lagging a bit, it auto-dismounts me. However, I am all ready on top of, say, the rafter in the building.

You can't fly around forever by any means, even with extreme lag, you have to be somewhat fast about it, because it will dismount you when the information goes through. (I'm not very technical about computer/connection words, sorry.)

Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30 sec is the maximum ammount of secconds you are allowed, there is also a maximum yard range you can travel without getting disconnected when you resume. *the same as the teleport "safe" distance, which i cant remember*
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

twice's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds easy and cool

Razgul's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It pretty much the same while in BG EFC is running into tunnel and you can lag so mounted you gonna run inside after him and kill him/ take flag befor he caps it

Igam08's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fuzzayboy View Post
    30 sec is the maximum ammount of secconds you are allowed, there is also a maximum yard range you can travel without getting disconnected when you resume. *the same as the teleport "safe" distance, which i cant remember*
    Ah, that is good information to know, thanks. It's a good thing this exploit doesn't require you to go many yards at all, then.

And, the WSG BG comment. Yeah, that's one more good thing about being on this crappy connection. I stay on my mount much longer when crossing the line between "out side" and "in doors" than those around me. Also, in Thunder Bluff, I can avoid dismounting in the small buildings between the bridges and main plateau sometimes.

kelurn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would this work if I kicked out my router, then turned it back on say... 10 seconds later?