Gamebreaking Pet Battle Glitch, Potentially Huge Profits/Almost Instant Pet Levelling menu

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lembas's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You are right to be sceptical: it is very, very easy to confuse a visual with an actual buff, even (perhaps especially) for veteran exploiters. For this reason I test things very thoroughly.

If you look at the comments below the video you will see a number of people raised the same issues you did. You will also see that several people (including the guy that raised the issue) subsequently tested it and found the effect to be real. Something which was very confusing, pet treats raise your base xp: not the total amount inclusive of bonuses, consequently while your math is accurate it is working on an incorrect assumption caused by poor communication on Blizzard's part (this is stated nowhere).

That said this is all very theoretical/historical now: the play is dead as Adam Sandler's career.
    You are right, I've read the comments and it seems the exploit really did increase just the basic exp by a small amount, but still, was it worth investing hundreds of pet charms just to boost the exp by the amount you could get by one fast battle? I don't think so, but still the exploit was nice for those who are really pressed on time. And as you said, its over now so thats all there is to it

Gamebreaking Pet Battle Glitch, Potentially Huge Profits/Almost Instant Pet Levelling
    advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lembas View Post
    You are right, I've read the comments and it seems the exploit really did increase just the basic exp by a small amount, but still, was it worth investing hundreds of pet charms just to boost the exp by the amount you could get by one fast battle? I don't think so, but still the exploit was nice for those who are really pressed on time. And as you said, its over now so thats all there is to it
    Just in case something like this happens again: pet charms can be acquired relatively easily and quickly by players with multiple alts at max level, from world quests.
    For other players, yes, it is more marginal as you say.

I did the math and I worked I could make about 20 EUR an hour using the glitch and selling boosted pets privately. So it was pretty good if you had alts.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12