0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell if server has gone down since you last played

This is useful if you want to camp stuff that has a long respawn timer, like Poseidus for example.

Use an item such as a Magical Pet Biscuit or a Magical Mini-Treat on the NPC called "Jones" inside EITHER of the Pet Shops in either Dalarans (Northrend or Broken Isles). You can then see the buff on the NPC pet after using it.

The buff on the NPC pet will NOT disappear until the realm restarts. It can last days without expiring and expires only at realm restart. So, say you want to camp Poseidus every day but only start 72 hours after realm came up. Go throw one of the above items on the NPC pet in Dalaran and then camp it. When you go to bed or take a break for the night, it is possible the server could have restarted for a hotfix without you knowing it. Simply go to Dalaran and click on the NPC pet and see if it still has the buff or not. If it DOES have the buff, the server has still been up the whole time you were away. If the buff is GONE, then there was a realm restart while you were away.

There are also some rats in the Underbelly/Sewers of Dalaran near the dancing pet Murloc and this works on all of them (both the rats and the murloc). It probably works on more NPC pets than this but I haven't tested it on anything else.

On another note...I haven't tested this yet, but you can also more than a single Pet Treat on these NPC pets. It may seem pointless, but the buff shows on YOU, not the pet. If you use MORE than one Pet Treat on any of these NPC pets, you get multiple of the Pet Treat buffs on your character, but I won't be able to test if they actually stack or not. *IF* they do, then it might be possible to level a pet up from 1-25 with a single battle if you have enough Pet Treats saved away.

Tell if server has gone down since you last played
  2. Thanks shahinpb, TW_Gankdalf, advanta (3 members gave Thanks to alzika for this useful post)
    jimmys96's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    224/210
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pet treat isn't something you add to a pet. You it's a buff for yourself

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1137
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting idea.

Newer exploiters may be wondering why this matters-realm restarts are enormously important when it comes to reverse-engineering glitches.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

ToastieMoj's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    11/86
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can confirm this does work. I usually throw my extra magical pet biscuits on Crysa after doing her daily.