0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shadowstep, tips and tricks.

Since this is my first real -contributing- post here, i'd like to take some time to try and make it as global as possible.

Right, straight away you should know what shadowstep does. If you don't then I think you -may- just have some serious issues.

First off, starting with the obvious non exploiting basic tricks.

• Since Shadowstep costs energy, using an energy watcher addon or with pure timing, you can shadowstep just before an energy tick, maxing your energy back to full in time to make a first strike.
    Or, you can just shadowstep and wait for a tick. Depends how much time you have.

• Shadowstep (Like stated before, I know) can be used to easily venture up and down to your enemy/target. Like Blink, a well timed shadowstep can negate all fall damage, no matter how big the drop (as long as you get the move off in time). It should also be noted that the line of sight, like spells, is not broken through world terrain. It is possible to shadowstep 'through' hills and up mountains, providing that there are no objects like different floors or bridges in the way. This tip is also a life saver if you end up coming close to falling off edges of cliffs.

• Although it does not break movement impairing effects (even in 2.3), it is a good way to prevent your enemy from getting distance. A good example in 2.3 of this is, if a mage gets off a blink, simply shadowstep.

Now, moving on to some more advanced tips.

• Shadowstep does not trigger guards to attack you! (Even in 2.3)
    A tricky trick would be to set a faction (like gadgetzan, for example) to at war, then if you are nearby, about to get killed, simply shadowstep to the guard, or a nearby enemy player.

• If that pesky druid manages to get off flight form on low health, simply shadowstep and mash a move. You'll get a few hits in before dropping.

• Shadowstepping then mashing an opener is the best possible way (starting in stealth) to negate a hunter's flare. This also works for aoeing attacks, if timed correctly. (Using Cloak of Shadows to resist a freezing frap before shadowstepping is also a good tip).

• Shadowstep + Sap if done fast enough can make a mob's stealth detect worthless.

• (New) Getting heavily beaten on? Simply target a random mob, critter or player a distance away. The extra speed increase is a great help to get away from your target as well as to it.

• (New) Tried shadowstepping a blinking mage?

• (New) Works with the above points, if you're attacking a target who is getting healed from a distance, it's as easy as pushing 1 button to scare the hell out of the healer. For one, catches them offguard. For two, it makes the original target out of action for a bit while they move back to you. For three, easy interrupt if the healer is mid-cast.

Nearing Exploits, and exploits.

• Got a friend who is a better wall jumper than you? Simply duel him and shadowstep up to the ledges. This also works with charge abilities etc. Don't forget to /forfeit when you have though. The use of it itself isn't an exploit, but where you might be going might be

• If timed correctly, this can negate movement impairing effects on you as they are being placed on you (like vanish, and when you get the 'immune' status in cloak of shadows when you first use it).

• (New) Just found this out recently, if you go to netherstorm to the camp of hostile etherals (with the jails), there's a tube that runs down to it, where etherals spawn occasionally. You can shadowstep 'into' the tube while it is still inside, though you can't get back out without shadowstepping again. Maybe you can do it to the other npcs in the tubes (Like the shadow elementals at the overloaded manaforge), still unconfirmed.

• (New) Been posted a lot before, but if you shadowstep just as the target dies and releases in a battleground, then you shadowstep to their graveyard.

I'm sure there's plenty more but this is all I can think of, as 80% of my mind is focused in raiding at the moment.

Any tips, tricks or exploits mentioned in the thread will be added to the main post (with thanks to whoever wrote them).

And yes, I made my account here ages ago, then generally just forgot about mmowned until recently.

Looking forward to the replies,
    Bladescope
    Last edited by Scoopade; 03-24-2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Few 'lil tricks.

Shadowstep, tips and tricks.
    Departed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Shadowstep, tips and tricks.

Very nice guide mate, it shows alot of tweaks and tricks indeed! I can't +rep but I think you will get some from this. Even tho most of it IS common sense to a good rogue-player. This guide will be a good heads-up for the normal player
    Departed

Firefly192's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice post, +rep

Rythlas's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice +rep
    Quittededed

jdismeuc's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Scoopade View Post
    A tricky trick
    As opposed to a non-tricky trick? lol. good guide though. its nice to see a site noob (such as me) actually posting thier own ideas instead of copy + pasting other peoples.

tumadre's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet guide, Shadowstep FTW

Democides's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    41/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is pretty cool, i WOULD +rep,but theres no rep button >.>

blackdahliamurder's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by tumadre View Post
    Sweet guide, Shadowstep FTW

Failstep ftl you mean. Are you one of the Felsteel Longblades dual weilders?
    Cause you are highly suspicious

Anyway good guide,but seriously Shadowstep even in its 2.3 form is the biggest failure of a talent let aside a FORTY ONE point talent. >.<