49/26
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Mage/Priest] Permanent Arcane/Fire Form

Hi. I hadn't posted this before because I thought it was fixed in a late beta build, but it apparently wasn't. I'm also posting this in elite because I don't want it to be immediately fixed, but it's just too cool to not share at least a little.

As a mage, you can have a permanent "arcane-form" if you don't want to finish your arcane artifact.

Step 1. Complete the artifact questlines for the specs you intend on playing. I highly recommend finishing both fire and frost, as going back to do them after this will remove your cool new arcane form.
    Step 2. Start the questline for Aluneth - Item - World of Warcraft / Light's Wrath
    Step 3. Fully charge yourself for the quest Harnessing the Arcane - Quest - World of Warcraft / Harnessing the Holy Fire
    Step 4. Once you fill the bar for the above quest, teleport out of Coldarra (I used Dalaran - Broken Isles, but anywhere should work)
    Step 4a. Keep the quest "Harnessing the Arcane" / "Harnessing the Holy Fire" in your quest log - removing it from your quest log will remove the effect. You can reacquire the quest by zoning back in to Coldarra if you lose it for any reason.
    Step 5. Enjoy your new appearance.

(Edit: Thanks to Fruit Punch Samurai for pointing out that just meeting the requirement for Harnessing the Arcane works. That originally didn't work on beta (leaving the Coldarra subzone would remove the arcane form)).

The "arcane form" is server-side: not only can you see it, but everyone else can see it, as well. It doesn't change the appearance of your mounts (unless they transform you, a la Sandstone Drake - Spell - World of Warcraft).

This is the final form:

Enjoy.
    Last edited by DewTech; 06-30-2018 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Updated for BFA

[Mage] Permanent Arcane Form
  2. Thanks UtaHF, advanta, vasco90, Ginchy, HunterHero, Strength (6 members gave Thanks to DewTech for this useful post)
    UtaHF's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    12/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty cool! Thanks for the share!

gormac's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all elite exploits are immidiately copied on reddit so.

danwins's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    6/62
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this also works with disc priest artifact quest:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Mage] Permanent Arcane Form-53486bf33d-jpg  

mykki's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any clue if there is spell id for that arcane form?

schinkenwurst's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seems fixed sadly ;<

swaggless1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works for me as of 2:36 PM EST 9/13/16

schinkenwurst's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by swaggless1 View Post
    Works for me as of 2:36 PM EST 9/13/16
    the mage one?

Mine reset, still got the quest.

Fruit Punch Samurai's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can confirm that as of 10/13/2016, this bug still works. Just did it on a Troll Mage I was leveling for an alt. Surprised that Blizzard hasn't fixed this yet, but extremely pleased because I love this effect.

I would highly advise to avoid completing the quest "Harnessing the Arcane" when pursuing this effect, because then you can abandon it and redo it should you ever lose this effect.This effect isn't as permanent as you might think. I lost it on my main when I entered an Arena Skirmish (the particular arena was Nagrand), and sadly I could not get it again because I had already completed the quest.

EDIT:

Proof: Arcane Mage Effect Proof - Album on Imgur

Did this on the server Tichondrius-US
    Last edited by Fruit Punch Samurai; 10-13-2016 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Added proof to confirm exploit still works

11. Thanks DewTech (1 members gave Thanks to Fruit Punch Samurai for this useful post)
    crunk001's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made an arcane mage and aquired the staff and there was no arcane form. This was 1-2weeks ago. In the questline you dont get any "arcane form" shown here in the pictures. Playing on EU.

Thanks G/R
    2/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by crunk001 View Post
    I made an arcane mage and aquired the staff and there was no arcane form. This was 1-2weeks ago. In the questline you dont get any "arcane form" shown here in the pictures. Playing on EU.
    If you do the full questline, you won't get the effect. The effect is applied to you after you fill your energy bar during the quest "Harnessing The Arcane". Completing the following quest "Arcane Unleashed" removes the effect. Basically, maintaining this effect locks you out from getting the Arcane artifact, which imo, is a small price to pay considering Fire is the hot spec right now anyway, no pun intended.

Added proof to my previous post. It shows the date & time, the quest still in my logs, and the effect on my character.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1137
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, you get a kalec image crystal which works anywhere from the same quest. Its a bit like archmage vargoth's staff, produces a transparent kalec model.

You can actually get another crystal from the mage campaign, They don't share a cooldown. You can spam Kalec's.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1137
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post
    This effect isn't as permanent as you might think. I lost it on my main when I entered an Arena Skirmish (the particular arena was Nagrand), and sadly I could not get it again because I had already completed the quest.

Did this on the server Tichondrius-US
    I know what you mean, however this super-cool effect zones, persists through death and through log-outs, and has no timer. That's an extraordinary combination for any kind of desirable buff.

This is probably in my top 10 all-time exploits ever, simple as it is.

I can't think of an actual use for it beyond peacocking however, would love to know if any one can come up with one.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

16. Thanks DewTech (1 members gave Thanks to advanta for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    2/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I know what you mean, however this super-cool effect zones, persists through death and through log-outs, and has no timer. That's an extraordinary combination for any kind of desirable buff.

This is probably in my top 10 all-time exploits ever, simple as it is.

I can't think of an actual use for it beyond peacocking however, would love to know if any one can come up with one.
    Yeah, it's great how it isn't even really a buff. It's just there and it lasts forever. My main had the effect for about a month until I lost it on him.

As for other uses, I speculated on how it could be used as mobile raid marker of sorts, what with seeing how much you stand out with this effect. Sounds funny, I know :P

DewTech's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    49/26
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I was a little bit late in posting this, but I was unable to access this thread for a while.

Timewalking will remove this effect, much like it removed the "oil-drenched" look from some of the wolves tamed in Borean Tundra that used to be able to keep that appearance. There is no way to retrieve this effect if you lose it. If you don't care about bonus rolls and want to keep this effect, don't do timewalking on your mage alt.

As posted above, this also works with the disc priest questline. The quest you want to stop on for the disc priest fiery aura is Unleashing Judgment - Quest - World of Warcraft

And thanks to the mod that moved this thread for me within a couple minutes of my asking. I really appreciate it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast