6/43
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complete the weekly event quests TWICE per event, per character

So yesterday (technically today) at 00:00 the Timewalking event arrived once again and I immediately completed the 5 dungeon quest & 500 badge boss drop quest.
    Today I queued up for a skirmish and when I came out I noticed that the 5 timewalking dungeon quest had reset. Seeing this I queued for a timewalking instance and could loot a 2nd 'Swirling Timewarped Vial' aka the item that starts the 500 badge quest. However after queueing skirmish again after turning in the badge quest it did not reset a 2nd time.

How does this work? If you complete the timewalking quests between 00:00 and 03:00 tuesday night (before the weekly quest reset timer) you can reset the quests by queueing up for a skirmish after 03:00 and get double Normal Cache & 500 badge boss drop quest.

Obviously most of you cannot reproduce this now if some of you didn't complete the quests between 00:00 and 03:00 last night.

EDIT: It was on EU servers.

EDIT 2: Most likely works on all the different weekly events: pet battle, timewalking, bgs etc etc. Same method, complete it between 00:00 > 03:00 at Tuesday night / Wednesday morning > queue skirmish the day after and it should reset.

EDIT 3: !!! IMPORTANT !!! Make sure you guys test this for the upcoming Apexis Bonus as well on Tuesday night/wednesday morning. Pretty cool to get a shitton of garrison resources and oil on all your alts =)

EDIT 4: CONFIRMED to work for apexis event as well! Same rules apply, as long as you completed it before 03:00 at tuesday night/wednesday morning it WILL be reset after 03:00 and you WILL get double the rewards.
    Last edited by Ket; 10-07-2015 at 10:19 AM. Reason: updated to reflect more events possible

Complete the weekly event quests TWICE per event, per character
  2. Thanks Ket, floWWW, HI5, Murderr, skuw, Migrod, Skinnydruid, Razor33, Eryx, KuRIoS, pin0, Sephiroth, Kenneth, Pari4h, IChangedMyUsername, Smitten, aprikos (17 members gave Thanks to Frankysteryo for this useful post)
    incentio's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This confirms what happened to me as well, I completed my weekend quest immediatly after it showed up at midnight. It was up again the next day.

Confirmed on EU.

4. Thanks Ket, Frankysteryo, KuRIoS, HI5 (4 members gave Thanks to incentio for this useful post)
    floWWW's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing

6. Thanks Ket, KuRIoS (2 members gave Thanks to floWWW for this useful post)
    crunk001's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Frankysteryo View Post
    So yesterday (technically today) at 00:00 the Timewalking event arrived once again and I immediately completed the 5 dungeon quest & 500 badge boss drop quest.
    Today I queued up for a skirmish and when I came out I noticed that the 5 timewalking dungeon quest had reset. Seeing this I queued for a timewalking instance and could loot a 2nd 'Swirling Timewarped Vial' aka the item that starts the 500 badge quest. However after queueing skirmish again after turning in the badge quest it did not reset a 2nd time.

How does this work? If you complete the timewalking quests between 00:00 and 03:00 tuesday night (weekly quest reset timer) you can reset the quests by queueing up for a skirmish and get double Normal Cache & 500 badge boss drop quest.

Obviously most of you cannot reproduce this now if some of you didn't complete the quests between 00:00 and 03:00 last night.

EDIT: It was on EU servers.
    Really nice find, glad that you could enjoy it. Will surely be fixed when the next event is live.

PS: the usefulness of this release is not [Active]
    Last edited by crunk001; 10-01-2015 at 02:50 PM.

Thrawl's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confirmed.

garfield666's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had same bug with last week pet's event, after finishing it on 1st day had it reseted on following day, so maybe it will go on following events,

Frankysteryo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    6/43
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by crunk001 View Post
    Really nice find, glad that you could enjoy it. Will surely be fixed when the next event is live.

PS: the usefulness of this release is not [Active]
    Doubt it will get fixed because it's not something 'major'. Hopefuly works for all the weekly events.
    If it's not Active then what would you consider it as? I understand that it isn't active from your perspective if you didn't complete the quests betweeen 00:00 > 03:00 @ Tuesday but still, it's only 'Active' during the events each week.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is kind of a recurring bug in the game with lots of different things in WOW's history related to this weekly reset. Awesome that you found one that is a HUGE saver. Blizz also has a history of eventually fixing these things, but slowly. So, there is hope it will still be working next time Great find. +7 rep!

12. Thanks Eryx, KuRIoS, HI5 (3 members gave Thanks to Sklug for this useful post)
    Razor33's Avatar Legendary Professional Gold Dealer
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    106/74
    Trade Feedback
    151 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets hope they will not fix this to soon
    + rep for sharing from me !
    WTS gold on EU Auchindoun / Jaedenar / Dunemaul --> Alliance and Horde ! Very cheap !

14. Thanks KuRIoS, HI5 (2 members gave Thanks to Razor33 for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    6/43
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you guys test this for the upcoming Apexis Bonus as well on Tuesday night/wednesday morning. Pretty cool to get a shitton of garrison resources and oil on all your alts =)

Giony's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i did this too by mistake and thought that it was either a bug or the first random tw dungeon of the day gives you the 500 badges item

Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Giony View Post
    i did this too by mistake and thought that it was either a bug or the first random tw dungeon of the day gives you the 500 badges item
    EVERY new dungeon of the day??? I thought this was once per week, no?

Thanks G/R
    6/43
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can only make it reset if you complete the quests before 03:00 @ Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.
    I will update this thread once I confirmed if this works for apexis event as well.
    Last edited by Frankysteryo; 10-06-2015 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can only make it reset if you complete the quests before 03:00 @ Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.
    I will update this thread once I confirmed if this works for apexis event as well.
    oh so only Once. 1k per monthly event, isntead of 500 - o.k.a.y.

zadaza's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you guys test this for the upcoming Apexis Bonus as well on Tuesday night/wednesday morning. Pretty cool to get a shitton of garrison resources and oil on all your alts =)
    the apexis bonus seems DOUBLE fixed, no more free quest complete and ast month you could complete it once befor or after reset

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast