Darkmoon faire trinket duration x2 in skirmishes(possible arenas + bgs too?) menu

User Tag List

juliye's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    16/12
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darkmoon faire trinket duration x2 in skirmishes(possible arenas + bgs too?)

Basically found this out on my priest today in a skirmish, wondered why the heck I had a 25sec buff from the trinket Sandman's Pouch since its normally only 20 seconds proc duration.

I then went out to test this at some cows in Elwynn Forest just to see if it was actually true, but only to find it was 20 seconds as I thought it would be.

Then it came to my mind that it may be pvp only buff, so I queued for another skirmish to test it again, and once it procced it actually procced for 40 seconds instead of its normal 20sec proc. The buff stays for the whole duration, so its not a tooltip bug.

I have only tested this in a Skirmish PvP-wise, but my guess is that it would also work in a BG or perhaps in a real arena/rbg at max level aswell.

The version I use is 4/4 so I have not tested any other version of it, nor any other of the Darkmoon Faire trinkets since I simply dont have any, so feel free to test it out too .

Here's some pics showing the proc with seconds displayed + one of the trinkets tooltip.

Pic1
    Darkmoon faire trinket duration x2 in skirmishes(possible arenas + bgs too?)-lhbvjir-jpg
    Pic2
    Darkmoon faire trinket duration x2 in skirmishes(possible arenas + bgs too?)-hskcnx1-jpg

EDIT:
    It appears to be no bug, as someone mentioned down below, the pve trinket procs had a nerf in mop(source needed) so that they gave 50% less stats, but the duration was extended by 50%(the tooltip is bugged, and still displays the max stat). Bummers.
    Last edited by juliye; 04-21-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Darkmoon faire trinket duration x2 in skirmishes(possible arenas + bgs too?)
    Murderr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you checked how much crit it gives? i remember mop when pve trinkets got nerfed in PvP - like you get double duration for half ratings.

Thanks G/R
    16/12
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Murderr View Post
    did you checked how much crit it gives? i remember mop when pve trinkets got nerfed in PvP - like you get double duration for half ratings.
    The crit is the same

GetMounted's Avatar Banned Professional Mount Seller CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by juliye View Post
    The crit is the same
    Dont check the tooltip, its wrong. Check the actual crit % you get with 20 and 40s buff

Thanks G/R
    16/12
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by GetMounted View Post
    Dont check the tooltip, its wrong. Check the actual crit % you get with 20 and 40s buff
    Just did now and that is correct, its actually less inside the arena, but its not down by 50%. In the Arena I recieved 1113 Crit which is more than halved of the actual "buff"(2120).

But okay, then I understand that it has to do with that mop nerf for pve trinkets. I had no idea about that, so I guess your learn something new every day

eppanhanga's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    like you get double duration for half ratings.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by juliye View Post
    Just did now and that is correct, its actually less inside the arena, but its not down by 50%. In the Arena I recieved 1113 Crit which is more than halved of the actual "buff"(2120).

But okay, then I understand that it has to do with that mop nerf for pve trinkets. I had no idea about that, so I guess your learn something new every day
    You gave me another idea here, ty.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA