1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tree form exploit.

I've been sitting on this since 6.0 dropped but now that I've had my fun it's time to share. Keep in mind, this form has been hotfixed twice already and the third time won't be far behind it now that it's out so enjoy it while it lasts.

You need the quest "trees company" from Bloodmyst isle. This quest has you turning into a tree to eavesdrop on a Gnome spy and some Goblin flunky. Well the tree form is quite impressive, but Blizzard was very careful to restrict the model, just not careful enough. To get that form, you need another party member to begin a reflecting prism cast on you. While the cast is in progress, have the player on the quest click the disguise kit to transform. if done correctly, the player casting the prism will copy the tree form and can then spread it about as normal. If you try to cast after they already have the form, it gives an invalid target message.
    Last edited by Doomevony; 03-02-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Tree form exploit.
    advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Doomevony View Post
    I've been sitting on this since 6.0 dropped but now that I've had my fun it's time to share. Keep in mind, this form has been hotfixed twice already and the third time won't be far behind it now that it's out so enjoy it while it lasts.

You need the quest "trees company" from Bloodmyst isle. This quest has you turning into a tree to eavesdrop on a Gnome spy and some Goblin flunky. Well the tree form is quite impressive, but Blizzard was very careful to restrict the model, just not careful enough. To get that form, you need another party member to begin a reflecting prism cast on you. While the cast is in progress, have the player on the quest click the disguise kit to transform. if done correctly, the player casting the prism will copy the tree form and can then spread it about as normal. If you try to cast after they already have the form, it gives an invalid target message.
    That's a great find. The tree form is indeed very impressive (you look just like a regular landscape tree, its not a treant-type thing), one of the first exploits I ever uploaded. For some reason when you die you get a kind of lumberjack tree-falling noise.

Btw Did you try the same trick with other disguises that got nerfed? I'm thinking shard of archstone in particular, though there's a ton of stuff you can do with this...
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Doomevony's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    That's a great find. The tree form is indeed very impressive (you look just like a regular landscape tree, its not a treant-type thing), one of the first exploits I ever uploaded. For some reason when you die you get a kind of lumberjack tree-falling noise.

Btw Did you try the same trick with other disguises that got nerfed? I'm thinking shard of archstone in particular, though there's a ton of stuff you can do with this...
    I have not, but I do believe that when they changed the transformation buffs that they forgot to add the blocked model list back into them.