Using the same raid lockout Every Week to farm rare mounts! No Second Account Needed! menu

User Tag List

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    iEthos's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by rdruid69 View Post
    Clear 7/8 on normal. Then with your farms characters enter on normal and use this trick to switch it to heroic: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...reg-modes.html (Heroic deathwing w/ all prior reg modes)

BTW if you don't read the whole post, the correct macro since 5.4.8 is:

/click StaticPopup1Button1
    /click DropDownList2Button2

Happy farming. I'm over 150 Madness kills without the normal mount....
    Thank you for posting about that. I actually figured out a method that worked for me. With my saved character that has 7/8 heroic cleared, I keep a premade group with his raid difficulty on normal, I enter on the character that I'm going to kill with. I do in fact use that macro, but I switched the two lines around because the way it is there never seemed to work for me at all. Every time I use it with them switched, it does it flawlessly every time. So glad I figured it out, haha. Time to farm my way to the Lifebinder's mount!

Using the same raid lockout Every Week to farm rare mounts! No Second Account Needed!
    rdruid69's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    27/41
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The normal mode is better because: When you clear 7/8 in 10 normal, you can do madness on 10 heroic or 25 heroic.
    If you clear 7/8 on 10 heroic. You can only do Madness on 10 heroic.
    25HM is easy for any class but mage imo (I never tried with pally).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iEthos's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by rdruid69 View Post
    The normal mode is better because: When you clear 7/8 in 10 normal, you can do madness on 10 heroic or 25 heroic.
    If you clear 7/8 on 10 heroic. You can only do Madness on 10 heroic.
    25HM is easy for any class but mage imo (I never tried with pally).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10 man heroic is all I'm after for the Lifebinder's mount, nothing else matters to me, lol. :P

SacredSpenny's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks a lot, this is nu ts. i definitely will be getting some mounts now

JhonnyQ's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    12/74
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ds: using 10nm lockout

and this macro

/click StaticPopup1Button1
    /click DropDownList2Button2

doenst work anymore for me.

nvm, worked on 2nd try

lopare's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xHearts View Post
    *cough* Recount *cough*

Edit: There seems to be some confusion on what/how to clear these instances so your lockout sharing alt doesn't get saved.

For ICC, clear everything on 10 man NORMAL mode up to LK. So now you have a 11/12 lockout (or 10/12 if you skipped Valithria). Make sure the alt stays outside the instance, get the group together, and once you are on the character you want to kill LK on, fly to ICC and make sure it is set to 25 man NORMAL when you enter. You'll get the "This instance is in progress, 10/12 blah blah," press OK. Switch to 25 HEROIC and you get another notification. Press OK, kill LK, weep because Invincible didn't drop. The alt that shares lockouts will not be saved if you do this.

For Ulduar, clear everything on 10 man. 100x faster if you do this on a rogue since you can use the Shadowstep exploit posted here to skip everything after Kologarn and just kill Vezax immediately. So now you have a 4/13 or 11/13 lockout (or w/e, forget the number of bosses there are in there). Get the group together, and make sure the raid size is set to 25 man when you enter. You'll get the instance in progress notification, press OK, kill Yogg, weep because Mimiron's Head didn't drop again.
    Where do I find the exploit with shadowstep?

Rudiguer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this fixed? Now the lockout in the original farmed character has the boss killed when trying to use the character or another alt. Any help?

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rudiguer View Post
    Is this fixed? Now the lockout in the original farmed character has the boss killed when trying to use the character or another alt. Any help?
    I don't know... I deactivated my account not too long after 6.2 hit out of boredom. I'd be curious to hear if it was still working if someone can check!

TeoG's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still works perfectly fine for me as of 12/08/15. Although I have to set it to heroic inside of ICC by waiting until the lead passes otherwise it counts the LK as already dead for some reason.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TeoG View Post
    Still works perfectly fine for me as of 12/08/15. Although I have to set it to heroic inside of ICC by waiting until the lead passes otherwise it counts the LK as already dead for some reason.
    Very awesome to hear. Thank you so much for reporting back! +7 rep for the help

ufos8mycow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping someone can help me. This isn't working for me and I'm getting some strange results.

My two toons -

1) DK with 10m Normal Ulduar lockout. Has never ran the instance in 25m or Heroic. Raid info on Raid tab says 16/17 with only Yogg alive.
    2) Hunter with no runs this week and reset all instances. Raid info on Raid tab says 0/17 and all alive.
    I am doing this -

1- Logging my hunter in and starting a pre-made group with auto-invite. Convert to raid. Log out.
    2- Log in my DK. Look for group and join. Accept invite. Log out
    3- Log back in with hunter. Change raid to 25m. Still Normal raid.
    4- Enter Ulduar. Accept 16/17 lockout. The raid difficulty and party size is greyed out and i can't change them while in the raid.

This is where it is strange. Now when i look at my hunter's raid info on the raid tab it says i am 16/17 with only Razorscale available to kill. It says Yogg is dead. As I said before when i checked my DK while not in a party it shows 16/17 with only Yogg alive and my hunter shows 0/17 with all alive when he is alone.

Can someone help me please?

Touch of Anarchy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ufos8mycow View Post
    I'm hoping someone can help me. This isn't working for me and I'm getting some strange results.

My two toons -

1) DK with 10m Normal Ulduar lockout. Has never ran the instance in 25m or Heroic. Raid info on Raid tab says 16/17 with only Yogg alive.
    2) Hunter with no runs this week and reset all instances. Raid info on Raid tab says 0/17 and all alive.
    I am doing this -

1- Logging my hunter in and starting a pre-made group with auto-invite. Convert to raid. Log out.
    4- Enter Ulduar. Accept 16/17 lockout. The raid difficulty and party size is greyed out and i can't change them while in the raid.

This is where it is strange. Now when i look at my hunter's raid info on the raid tab it says i am 16/17 with only Razorscale available to kill. It says Yogg is dead. As I said before when i checked my DK while not in a party it shows 16/17 with only Yogg alive and my hunter shows 0/17 with all alive when he is alone.

If I'm not mistaken, the feature to pick up off of bosses between 10 and 25-man dungeons was introduced with Icecrown Citadel. TotC, Ulduar, and all raids prior to the release of ICC weren't retroactively designed to allow that unfortunately.

I could be wrong, but I'm like 85% sure that you cannot switch like that between the difficulties in Ulduar.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ufos8mycow View Post

My two toons -

I am doing this -

Hrm, well first, you can't actually change raid size or difficulty size while in ulduar, the reason is because there was no such thing as "Heroic" mode when Ulduar came out. That was introduced later in the expansion. What Ulduar had was "Hard Modes" that you can enable on certain boss fights. The key with getting Yogg no light is that once you defeat the 4 protectors, you DO NOT TALK TO THEM or ask them for help, thus you go to fight Yogg, no light (as in no help).

So, you are right to set it to 25 man before zoning in. You don't need to change difficulty or raid size at this point, so it being grayed out is correct. The thing is, the instance you have entered you are now in a 16/17 instance, however the farm toon, even though you "accepted" the ID, is still not yet saved. You ONLY become saved to the ID once you get your first boss kill. So, you are phased correctly, but you are not actually saved yet, so the raid will correctly show 0/17.

As for it only showing Razorscale as available, I would go on to your DK and be sure that Yogg is still alive, run to him and look at him. The reason I say this is because I have seen people come here and say similar things, only to find that the Uld ID they were saved to, was one they dual-cleared with a buddy, or whoever, and then that buddy went back and killed Yogg. You and that buddy shared an instance together, and he may have taken the kill, and the only reason Razorscale is still up is because you can skip that boss to get to Yogg... it's an optional kill. So, get on your DK and zone into Uld and verify Yogg is even still alive with that saved ID. Even though your DK is not showing saved to Yogg, which is because of how the whole boss tagging works now, meaning you can still kill him this week, but the instance ID that you keep extending will still be linked to whoever stole your Yogg kill.

That's about the only thing I can think of. Which means, and i know this sucks, you're gonna have to do another Uld clear the next week solo. The only reason this exploit works is because the person that owns the ID (or persons), are not inside the instance during the kill, so the new player is shared and phased into the same instance, but Blizz does not have any mechanic to kick the person if the owner of the ID goes offline, thus the instance does not save its progress on the offline player's ID.

Anyway, this probably sounds confusing, but I have my money on Yogg being dead on the extended ID of your DK.

Tyyra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it still works, but you have to reset the instance (rightclick portrait -> reset all instances) after you killed the boss with 1 alt. otherwise it says that the boss has already been killed.
    so basically:
    - kill boss with alt 1
    - leave group, log on alt 2, join group
    - reset all instances (wait until id holder char is offline long enough and you get leader)
    - kill boss with alt 2
    etc

ShinjidaiNoKami's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    4/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only tested this with the Following : ICC and MSV. It works. The way to do it is :

For ICC:

Clear up to LK in 10-MAN NORMAL !!! (important)
    Go outside of the raid
    Make a group in LFG.with that character and convert to raid.
    Join with the other character whom you want to inherit the save.
    W8 until the leadership is automatically passed unto the 2nd character (cause your main is DC).
    Switch raid 25-MAN NORMAL and enter the raid. From inside the raid switch to 25-HC and go kill LK. Profit.

For MSV:
    Clear up to Elegon in 10-MAN NORMAL !!! (important)
    Go outside of the raid
    Make a group in LFG.with that character and convert to raid.
    Join with the other character whom you want to inherit the save.
    W8 until the leadership is automatically passed unto the 2nd character (cause your main is DC).
    (so far the same as ICC method)

Switch to 10-MAN HEROIC and try to enter.
    (Now i will note here that all the characters i tried this on COULD NOT enter the HC cause they had not killed the Last boss on normal.Thus until i retry next week i do not know if it works if your alt can enter HC)
    Instance will not let you enter cause u have not killed last boss on normal difficulty.
    Switch to 10-MAN NORMAL and enter. Kill Elegon.
    Profit

I will check if u can do this in case u are able to enter heroic on your alt next week and update the post.
    Last edited by ShinjidaiNoKami; 08-28-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast