Thanks G/R
    1/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to the vid, I have 2 DK's one at 86 one at 97 it really is good fun.

Question which can hopefully be answered tonight, what weapon is best? Also I see no plate shoulders with bonus armor, better to ignore that slot or wear mail ones?

Honor777's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/26
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by c172 View Post
    Looking forward to the vid, I have 2 DK's one at 86 one at 97 it really is good fun.

Question which can hopefully be answered tonight, what weapon is best? Also I see no plate shoulders with bonus armor, better to ignore that slot or wear mail ones?
    Gargoyle's Bite or Archaic Defender are the best weps for bonus armor both BoE. I use a 630 wep on my lv 93 dk though. As far ash shoulders the only bonus armor ones are strictly for warriors.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1137
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've replaced the original video in the first post in the thread with a video going through each item I'm using. http://youtu.be/xbuPVj0C8Dw

Honor777 is correct that gargoyle's bite is the best item. Archaic defender has the same bonus armor but has a chunk of strength on it so its way better for dps purposes. I picked up both relatively cheaply on the ah.

There are items like greatsword of forlorn visions which have nice procs, but intuitively I don't think any of them will match gargoyle's bite on average, though they might be worth considering if you prefer burst damage.

To answer c172 you can't go far wrong with just maxing out on bonus armor, everything else is secondary. I'm wearing a lot of leather as you can see from the video.
    Last edited by advanta; 01-31-2015 at 06:27 PM.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

powerflex's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Sorry I've got about 30 request through my channel and here for gear, so I've decided to just make another video at the weekend rather than respond to everybody personally which would take me days. Hope this is cool.
    Anon armory would work fine actually....

Thanks G/R
    338/1137
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by powerflex View Post
    Anon armory would work fine actually....
    I've had a lot of problems with that unfortunately.

c172's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I've replaced the original video in the first post in the thread with a video going through each item I'm using. http://youtu.be/xbuPVj0C8Dw

Honor777 is correct that gargoyle's bite is the best item. Archaic defender has the same bonus armor but has a chunk of strength on it so its way better for dps purposes. I picked up both relatively cheaply on the ah.

There are items like greatsword of forlorn visions which have nice procs, but intuitively I don't think any of them will match gargoyle's bite on average, though they might be worth considering if you prefer burst damage.

To answer c172 you can't go far wrong with just maxing out on bonus armor, everything else is secondary. I'm wearing a lot of leather as you can see from the video.

Finally, there's one item I haven't got hold of-cloak of warding, which is superior to the one I mention in the video. If you have a more active ah than my server you can probably get that easily.
    Thank you, got the items I was missing (changed some plate for the volcanic stuff).

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by c172 View Post
    Thank you, got the items I was missing (changed some plate for the volcanic stuff).
    Why would the volcanic work better than the plate alternative greens on that list? The plate actually give more bonus armor according to Wowhead and considering you get a 5% bonus to your primary stat for wearing all plate, that's a pretty big deal too.

P.S. Advanta - how the **** did you get those hot girls to advertise your Youtube channel?

P.S.S. Advanta - Added 5 rep to you - forgot to do that previous, this is the best sploit I've seen in a while.
    Last edited by powerflex; 01-31-2015 at 10:15 PM.

webbym's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not forbidden or dangerous adding my Arsenallink PVP Twink or ? I mean its no exploit or something like that i could get banned for?.

Here some Inspiration for you, probably the best possible Gear for Palatank: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...3%A5x/advanced

Hints:

- Arena Vambraces - Item - World of Warcraft Still spent 41 stamina instead the shown 5 stamina !

- Some of the itemrecipes are not longer available, search for oldscool player who learned it (good luck )

- The Rep- Ring from from kara should be grinded on the shown level! Dont upgrade it too much, at a special point its itemlevel will raise but the stats will drop (Blizzard logic !)

Sorry for my bad english ^^

If you found anything better gear, please tell me !

Greetz

Thanks G/R
    338/1137
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would the volcanic work better than the plate alternative greens on that list? The plate actually give more bonus armor according to Wowhead and considering you get a 5% bonus to your primary stat for wearing all plate, that's a pretty big deal too.

P.S. Advanta - how the **** did you get those hot girls to advertise your Youtube channel?

P.S.S. Advanta - Added 5 rep to you - forgot to do that previous, this is the best sploit I've seen in a while.
    The runic breastplate is probably fractionally better, having 150 bonus armor vs 120 bonus armor. But, after scaling, it is going to be close.

To get the plans you'd need to farm thousands of mobs on that island outside Theramore. It didn't seem to be worth it for the extra armor,
    others may disagree, but I wanted to avoid low drop rate stuff. As webym states, there are several obscure items which are superior to
    those listed here, but (no sarcasm) I have literally no idea how to obtain unobtainable items.

I agree with your point about the plate bonus. However, there are many considerations like this. For example, in the 90-99 bracket +590
    gear doesn't get scaled down, so almost certainly some pieces will be superior to low-level bh items. Then there's the question of whether
    , when you've tapped out on mitigation, other stats like stamina your deficient in don't start to become more valuable, its more of an art
    than a science. So I kept it simple and just tried to max out bonus armor.
    But don't let me put you off improving your game, there are just limitations on what you can put in a video.

You wouldn't believe the extraordinary lengths I had to go to persuade the girls to do that.

(Thanx for the rep)

webbym's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    runic breastplate recipe is NOT LONGER IN GAME! . most random dropps from this nagas moved to a npc in ungoro and removed it from lootable but they forgot the breast so you need to find someone who already learned it ! (proofed by GM ! )

Ofc some are a bit harder to farm but for back and breast (the back recipe i also no longer avaiable ) as much of the other stuff you just have to spam a makro on weekend to find people who learned it.
    Last edited by webbym; 02-01-2015 at 06:22 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by webbym View Post
    runic breastplate recipe is NOT LONGER IN GAME! . most random dropps from this nagas moved to a npc in ungoro and removed it from lootable but they forgot the breast so you need to find someone who already learned it ! (proofed by GM ! )

Ofc some are a bit harder to farm but for back and breast (the back recipe i also no longer avaiable ) as much of the other stuff you just have to spam a makro on weekend to find people who learned it.
    I lucked out today and found someone on my server that had both the Runic Legs and BP recipes, yes, it's substantially better, over 1200 BA when scaled up

jk72's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i believe this is for EU server only? Because i tried with NA server and the stats are still the same.

Woona's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jk72 View Post
    i believe this is for EU server only? Because i tried with NA server and the stats are still the same.
    You should probably consider queueing a BG or Arena with the gear on.

Thanks G/R
    338/1137
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lucked out today and found someone on my server that had both the Runic Legs and BP recipes, yes, it's substantially better, over 1200 BA when scaled up
    Wd! So that's 150 extra BA. Worth having if you can get it, 1.5% extra, more than I thought.

Other random stuff:
    I checked out the heroic version of the leaden despair trinket after multiple stonecore runs, and unfortunately while wowhead lists a base of 1550 ba its actually worse than the non-heroic version in actuality, so don't bother farming it. ]
    If you use the ghoul glitch, it has the same damage mitigation you do, so worth having.

Finally, I got heads-up against Overlord Agmar in IOC. Amazingly, I tanked him pretty well with the ba gear. Had other players not intervened I'm fairly sure I could have taken him down solo.
    Your actually as powerful as a pvp boss with this stuff on.