Thanks G/R
    17/24
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reset raid encounters(celestial loot 3times etc)

Hello, i found this interesting bug so here it goes.

# 0. Obtain 1 Character boost from Pre-order WoD, or From the blizzard store
    # 1, Get a character to timeless isle (any level under 90)
    # 2. kill/tag celestial for loot(any level works)
    # 3. Grant the character to 90 and farm 50lesser coins and turn them into warforged seals.
    # 4. Go back to timeless isle
    # 5. Kill/tag celestial again //\\ kill the raid boss in the raid you wanted to reset
    # 6. when the boss dies you will be able to bonus roll+you will be given loot(as if you did not kill him this week already)
    # ??
    # Prooofit

reason to this is that the grant to 90 resets your raid weekly encounters and you are able to do every raid again
    now i am not sure, but you should be able to grant a level 90 to obtain the proffesion bonuses, this should reset the saved weekly progress and you can do heroic siege of orgrimmar again and such!.

just my two cents, enjoy!

edit: You can reset the weekly raid of any raid instance to do it again the same week using this trick (run blackwing lair twice the same week, or killing celestial twice the same week for loot and using bonus roll ontop of that)

edit2: seems like most ppl here are not interested in it or thinks its useless, just leting you know if you do this before granting your alt to 90 could give you an extra prideful ontop of 2others if really lucky, and this will bring you onpar with a 10k season earned

THIS MEANS DOING THE INSTANCES THEN USING THE CHARACTER BOOST RESETS THE RAID LOCKOUTS SO YOU CAN DO THEM AGAIN SAME WEEK

Reset raid encounters(celestial loot 3times etc)
    dotcha's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/14
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...haracter-boost

"A Character Boost can be used on any character on your Battle.net® account that isn't already level 90"

Also you can always use a bonus roll on a boss you have already killed that week for extra loot. (coins/seals permitting)

Patch 5.4.0 "Players that don't have a coin or elect to not use a Bonus Roll when defeating one of the world bosses can come back later that same week to use the Bonus Roll. The limit has not changed and remains one attempt and one bonus roll per boss, per week."

empty_skillz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    17/24
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dotcha View Post
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...haracter-boost

"A Character Boost can be used on any character on your Battle.net® account that isn't already level 90"

Also you can always use a bonus roll on a boss you have already killed that week for extra loot. (coins/seals permitting)

Patch 5.4.0 "Players that don't have a coin or elect to not use a Bonus Roll when defeating one of the world bosses can come back later that same week to use the Bonus Roll. The limit has not changed and remains one attempt and one bonus roll per boss, per week."
    i think you missunderstood, if you go to timeless isle with a sub 90 to kill the boss (you get loot) and it appears on raid info that youve killed the boss this week so you cant gain any loot, but then boosting the character to 90 clears it and you can now kill the boss and obtain loot and ontop of that you can use a bonus roll provided by the weekly quest at level 90, of a total of 3 tries on the boss up from 1, can also be used to reset blackwing lair for transmog runs and such like that.

Thanks G/R
    2/14
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by empty_skillz View Post
    i think you missunderstood, if you go to timeless isle with a sub 90 to kill the boss (you get loot) and it appears on raid info that youve killed the boss this week so you cant gain any loot, but then boosting the character to 90 clears it and you can now kill the boss and obtain loot and ontop of that you can use a bonus roll provided by the weekly quest at level 90, of a total of 3 tries on the boss up from 1, can also be used to reset blackwing lair for transmog runs and such like that.
    Your thread is sensationalised, the title is misleading and you cannot as you suggested use a boost on a level 90 to reset heroic Siege of Orgrimmar (or any level 90 raid instance for that matter)

And you are mistaken over the getting three tires at loot up from one. You have always been able to get two tries, one from normal loot allocation and one from a bonus roll. So this method can only be used on sub level 90, which will reset sub level 90 raid instances (which you were able to enter prior to level 90), and grant you 1 extra roll at loot that week on world bosses.

Thanks G/R
    17/24
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your thread is sensationalised, the title is misleading and you cannot as you suggested use a boost on a level 90 to reset heroic Siege of Orgrimmar (or any level 90 raid instance for that matter)

And you are mistaken over the getting three tires at loot up from one. You have always been able to get two tries, one from normal loot allocation and one from a bonus roll. So this method can only be used on sub level 90, which will reset sub level 90 raid instances (which you were able to enter prior to level 90), and grant you 1 extra roll at loot that week on world bosses.
    my title were awaiting an adjust from a moderator, and you realise that being sub 90 and killing the celestial boss puts you on a weekly save (NOT COUNTING BONUS ROLL) meaning you killed him normal 1 time (Weekly), boosting the character casues the normal loot chance to reset and you can kill him again, then if you obtain the warforged seals you can now use the bonus roll ontop of the other 2rolls you had this week, making it effectivly 1 extra chance at prideful/pve items, and this can be done towards other instances that do not require you to be 90 to complete, ulduar for example to obtain your transmog by doing all bosses twice or geting the shadowmourne faster by reseting the instance to do it again to complete quests/progress towards completion.

tl:dr you can kill any world boss at any level provided you HIT him once, reseting this with the character boost means you can do it all over again and then if possible use a bonus roll to reach 3loot chances from celestial or doing an raid instance twice provided you are at the level requirement when you completed it first time.

rockyfortesque's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    32/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reset raid lockout on world boss for 50€... its better to do server transfer for 20€ (some servers can do free server transfers first)

Thanks G/R
    2/14
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by rockyfortesque View Post
    reset raid lockout on world boss for 50€... its better to do server transfer for 20€ (some servers can do free server transfers first)
    You cant do that anymore either: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...fer-faq-201703

"Will my raid IDs be reset when I transfer? Your character will keep any raid progress made earlier in the week during the transfer. If you transfer a character, it will not be possible to continue any heroic instances that your participated in on you original realm or account."

dnawlols's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah lovely, the most expensive 30 gold you'll ever buy.

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cant do that anymore either: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...fer-faq-201703

"Will my raid IDs be reset when I transfer? Your character will keep any raid progress made earlier in the week during the transfer. If you transfer a character, it will not be possible to continue any heroic instances that your participated in on you original realm or account."
    When did that change? I've transferred twice in 5.4 and its reset my raid lockouts.

Thanks G/R
    2/14
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gippy View Post
    When did that change? I've transferred twice in 5.4 and its reset my raid lockouts.
    I belive patch 4.3, I think after the Taiwanese guild STARS transferred their entire raid team to Alliance to get a second shot at loot one week. It was kind of too high profile for Blizz to ignore.

Would this be looking for raid that reset for you? Or a normal / heroic instance? I would be interested if this has come back

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I belive patch 4.3, I think after the Taiwanese guild STARS transferred their entire raid team to Alliance to get a second shot at loot one week. It was kind of too high profile for Blizz to ignore.

Would this be looking for raid that reset for you? Or a normal / heroic instance? I would be interested if this has come back
    Ordos/celestials, firelands (i did a mount run on both characters before i transferred) icc/ulduar/bt/tot4w, all the weekly ones you do each reset for trans and mount runs. I'm pretty sure lfr also, didnt do normal soo that week so couldnt really say.

Fureezing's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can always tell the quality of these things by where they are placed. Nothing new here, just someone who isn't quite sure how the game even works. Back to coin farming.

Thanks G/R
    17/24
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fureezing View Post
    You can always tell the quality of these things by where they are placed. Nothing new here, just someone who isn't quite sure how the game even works. Back to coin farming.
    could you explain what you mean?

you realise that killing the celestials at sub 90 gives you loot, then granting them again and killing em for an additional chance at loot and then ontop of that using a coin equals 2+1 chance from same boss, this means you can kill him 1 extra time and geting loot ontop of that with bonus roll used on second kill cause the quest is for a 90.

but most ppl here seem to be slow or droped as childs.. you realise this way you can BYPASS weekly raid lockout..

adolphin's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by empty_skillz View Post
    could you explain what you mean?

you realise that killing the celestials at sub 90 gives you loot, then granting them again and killing em for an additional chance at loot and then ontop of that using a coin equals 2+1 chance from same boss, this means you can kill him 1 extra time and geting loot ontop of that with bonus roll used on second kill cause the quest is for a 90.

but most ppl here seem to be slow or droped as childs.. you realise this way you can BYPASS weekly raid lockout..
    why do you add all this extra useless information? If the exploit is "Raid lockouts reset when you boost your character" then that's all you need to say. Doing a world boss @ level 1 is not an exploit, not sure why you keep bringing it up.
    I'm not a narcissist, you idiot.

jacklulz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- I transfered in March and my SoO HC lockout did reset...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast