Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't get it to work either by having both of the characters online at the same time. Other one was alliance and other one was horde, they were both on same server and test of valor active.

Chris9714's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be so god damn awesome if this still worked could've saved ages on my chars legendary capes D:

phoenixia7's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can confirm that this trick still works. I just finished the 3000 Valor part of the quest on two characters simultaneously. I'll explain what I did just in case you guys have any questions.

What I had:
    Two level 90 characters (on the same Battle.net account, same WoW account, same server) on the "A Test of Valor" quest.
    - Character 1 (Main) had 2995/3000 obtained (for the quest, not just on the character) valor as of this morning before the reset.
    - Character 2 (Alt) had 0/3000 obtained valor before the reset.

I took Character 2 into Scarlet Monastery (I did it on the low level version, I'm sure heroic will work but I wouldn't recommend it as you may die) and pulled the first boss (I'd recommend making sure you cannot kill the boss via lightning shield or any other auto damaging attack). I then pressed alt-f4 to instantly close the screen.
    I started the game back up and logged into Character 1. I whispered to character 2 and the whisper went through so I knew that character 2 was still online. I turned in a daily quest to receive the 3000 valor achievement. Since both characters are in the same guild, I was able to see that the 3000 valor achievement was obtained on both toons at the same time. This confirmed that the 3000 valor was complete on both characters.
    Just in case, I turned in the quest to Wrathion on Character 1 which made me certain that it was completed. I hopped over on character 2 and the quest was complete and ready to be turned in.

Migrod's Avatar Active Member Khal CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by phoenixia7 View Post
    I can confirm that this trick still works. I just finished the 3000 Valor part of the quest on two characters simultaneously. I'll explain what I did just in case you guys have any questions.

What I had:
    Two level 90 characters (on the same Battle.net account, same WoW account, same server) on the "A Test of Valor" quest.
    - Character 1 (Main) had 2995/3000 obtained (for the quest, not just on the character) valor as of this morning before the reset.

I took Character 2 into Scarlet Monastery (I did it on the low level version, I'm sure heroic will work but I wouldn't recommend it as you may die) and pulled the first boss (I'd recommend making sure you cannot kill the boss via lightning shield or any other auto damaging attack). I then pressed alt-f4 to instantly close the screen.
    I started the game back up and logged into Character 1. I whispered to character 2 and the whisper went through so I knew that character 2 was still online. I turned in a daily quest to receive the 3000 valor achievement. Since both characters are in the same guild, I was able to see that the 3000 valor achievement was obtained on both toons at the same time. This confirmed that the 3000 valor was complete on both characters.
    Just in case, I turned in the quest to Wrathion on Character 1 which made me certain that it was completed. I hopped over on character 2 and the quest was complete and ready to be turned in.
    Congrats! I'm glad it worked for you. Not sure why other's seemed to have problems with this but I have done it for a few of my alts now.

blackhype's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works sometimes, couldn't get it the first time around, but its experimental.

thecoruptserver's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got it to work. I did not have the achievement done so that may factor into those who are unable to do this. Make sure you WAIT until you can whisper your toon AND IT SHOWS UP. Initially my toon showed up in /who but when I whispered nothing came up (no error message or whisper going through). After a few minutes I was able to whisper the toon and then hit 3k valor and had the achievement pop up for both characters and was able to turn in the quest on both. Note: I was not in the same party but both characters were on the same server / faction (I used the SM bug as well). Thanks for the post and +rep to OP.

tialk's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    55/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    failed the second time for me ... so it might just work if none of your chars has completed the achievement yet on your account.

checked everything two times

toona, b, c, d

toona on isle 2997/3000 - waiting for q turn in

toonb c d all in scarlet monastery (all on their own id) - pull boss
    whispered them with an other account > all went trough no error

just to be safe > logged through all chars again all were still infight with the boss alt+f4 again on all chars, again checked whispers an /who - all "online"

completed quest on toona - only one which got quest completed.

well - one thing might be missing - they wern't online in guild list cause some of you said you saw achievement two times in chat.
    but couldn't get it work that the chars stayed online in guild - that happens just rarely for me like when they release patch 5.4.8 or other things bug the servers.
    Last edited by tialk; 06-29-2014 at 09:10 AM.

shindaustin's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i did this for the conquest 27000 achievement, and i did get the achievement on my alt, but i still cannot talk to the vendors?

Zyvox's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I had:

Thanks a lot for explaining exactly what you did, helps me out a lot when I'm about to try it. ^^

Would batteling a combat dummy work instead?

Kranscherizer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I had:

Tried this exactly the same way on EU last night and it didn't work. Sorry for reviving an almost dead thread but I just wanted to inform about the method being fixed. Most likely....

Regards

Vrank's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just thought I'd like to add in that I attempted this a few hours ago, with the same method phoenixia7 posted, I had character 1 pull first boss in SM, alt f4, then logged onto my other toon as soon as possible. I could not see character 1 online in the guild roster, but I was able to /who and see it was still on. I then proceeded to turning in a daily, and getting A Test Of Valor achievement on both toons. That being said, it seems this exploit is still working as of this post.

+rep
    Last edited by Vrank; 07-15-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Holynorth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone tried it on more than two characters?

Qubis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give it a try later to see if i can get the exploit to work,

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast