Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the first line of the OP. "Google cache my friend".

I'm surprised MY post has actually gone this far.
    The macro changed because I originally found this in cata and it is now WOD and some UI shit changed.
    I'm not a narcissist, you idiot.

Heroic deathwing w/ all prior reg modes
    badpope's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/24
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by adolphin View Post
    Look at the first line of the OP. "Google cache my friend".

I'm surprised MY post has actually gone this far.
    The macro changed because I originally found this in cata and it is now WOD and some UI shit changed.
    And thanks to you, my friend, I have arguably my favourite drake in the game. I fell into the same pit hole as others but found the correct macro in the end through the post. People just have to find it

badpope's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/24
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by badpope View Post
    And thanks to you, my friend, I have arguably my favourite drake in the game. I fell into the same pit hole as others but found the correct macro in the end through the post. People just have to find it
    Just to add to this, the fact that Blizzard made you able to do any boss in ICC HC without doing LK Normal proves that they gave up on dragon soul glitch. I guess so many players do it and with programming costs they let it slide. I wouldn't worry in the slightest about a ban but you never know.

I would bet my bottom dollar that one of the patchs in legion makes it so you can do the last boss on hc in moga-shun vaults without normal.
    Last edited by badpope; 10-12-2015 at 03:46 AM.

Zemsta's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    71/36
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use this method for several months and my ever-first *permanent* deny just happened today on my ret paladin.

It seemed to went correctly, I smash the macro, combat started, I heard Deathwing yelling "You have done NOTHING" but after the loading screen my character is at the entrance and "Welcome to Dragon Soul (10 player (Heroic))" s in the chat right below Deathwing's yell.

I repeated at least 10 times and it's either the same bug or it simply starts the combat on normal. I don't know what happens, never got any problem with it.

Edit: Changed character and the problem vanished.
    Last edited by Zemsta; 10-14-2015 at 02:57 AM.

solshine2510's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/12
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided to give DS solo a try for the first time this week using tips and macros from this thread (all credit goes to authors and previous commenters). After several failures to change the difficulties, this is what eventually worked for me:

- clear everything on 10n including Spine
    - when on Madness platform, leave via Wyrmrest temple portal and walk outside the raid
    - reset all instances
    - swap to 25n
    - walk in
    - your minimap icon should display 25
    - use portal to Madness
    - talk to Thrall untill you get the confirm window with two buttons
    - press this macro:

/click StaticPopup1Button1
    /run SetLegacyRaidDifficultyID(DIFFICULTY_RAID25_HEROIC)

- you should get reload screen
    - you're now on 25hc difficulty, confirmed by minimap skull icon

I have listed the steps in case someone never done this before like me and would like a step by step guide, hopefully someone will find it useful.
    The only thing I could not test was whether killing Deathwing on normal mode is necessary prior to trying this, since I have already killed him before.

Edit.

If you feel 25hc is too difficult for you or your alts, you may as well try 10hc (Life-Binder's Handmaiden only drops on HC version of encounters):

- when outside raid, swap to 10n (instead of 25n)
    - when talking to Thrall use macro:

/run SetLegacyRaidDifficultyID(DIFFICULTY_RAID10_HEROIC)
    Last edited by solshine2510; 11-15-2015 at 05:41 AM. Reason: added 10hc steps

6. Thanks eyballz, ev0, ~Z~, Devanh, R.O.G (5 members gave Thanks to solshine2510 for this useful post)
    neilneil123's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I FOUND A WAY!!!

OK, this is like my 4th time editing this post, but I have it working nearly perfect now!!

Here is what I did... Enter in normal mode, have the macro provided on a your bars, so you can press the button on your keyboard (I used number 8 ). Talk to Thrall, click the start thing and have it bring up the Accept or Decline buttons. Now go to your portrait, hover the mouse over the relevant option to change to heroic mode and now... Press the button on you keyboard for the macro and as FAST AS POSSIBLE, also click to change it to heroic, where your mouse should be already and BOOOM!

I've just done this on 7 level 100s and have it working ever time successfully, except on one character where I had to use this method 5 times, after killing myself to reset Deathwing. Not 100% perfect, but a FAR FAR better way than just relying on the macro alone, as I could not get that to work alone at all.

EDIT: Decided to try heroic Deathwing kill one last time, on my lvl96 and BOOOM!! [Life-Binder's Handmaiden] dropped.
    So thank you very much pansonic, your macro is awesome! I started farming that mount today after reading this post and got it today on my 8th try! [Blazing Drake] also dropped on my 6th attempt on heroic, but I already had that one
    Last edited by neilneil123; 11-11-2015 at 01:53 PM.

8. Thanks Manisher (1 members gave Thanks to neilneil123 for this useful post)
    eyballz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by solshine2510 View Post
    /run SetLegacyRaidDifficultyID(DIFFICULTY_RAID25_HEROIC)

- you should get reload screen
    - you're now on 25hc difficulty, confirmed by minimap skull icon
    That's it. Just tried it, worked perfeclty!

10. Thanks Manisher (1 members gave Thanks to eyballz for this useful post)
    Kpmk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else having trouble with this? Had no problem last week, had to try 2 or 3 times on an alt or two. Now, this week, on multiple characters I just can't get it to start for the life of me. It either turns it heroic, i hear deathwing, but the load screen end with me at the entrance, or thrall teleports back to his spot and nothing happens and i have to leave and reset. This happens until my account is locked out for the 10 instances an hour.

Thanks G/R
    71/36
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    Anyone else having trouble with this? Had no problem last week, had to try 2 or 3 times on an alt or two. Now, this week, on multiple characters I just can't get it to start for the life of me. It either turns it heroic, i hear deathwing, but the load screen end with me at the entrance, or thrall teleports back to his spot and nothing happens and i have to leave and reset. This happens until my account is locked out for the 10 instances an hour.
    It's happened to me several times already. I think it's all about latency, as you press the macro, one of the commands starts earlier than the other. As long as it starts the encounter on Normal it's ok, you're able to try over and over but once it switches to HC with no Deathwing present and Thrall goes back to the small island, it's over for your character as it became saved to the encounter.

When it happens to your character (it switched to HC with no Deathwing and Thrall at the back), you can stop trying and time to switch characters.

neilneil123's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can not get this to work any more! Tried the macro, tried the script and nothing! It either just switches to heroic and Thrall disappears or it transports me to the entrance...

14. Thanks Coreseller (1 members gave Thanks to neilneil123 for this useful post)
    elMonstro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by neilneil123 View Post
    Can not get this to work any more! Tried the macro, tried the script and nothing! It either just switches to heroic and Thrall disappears or it transports me to the entrance...
    This does happen sometimes when passing save from alt.

Exit instance, disband group and form it again. Then try again. If it happens again, most likely your instance save was changed to 8/8 and that character is screwed for that week. Then your character you passed save from and character that bugged are screwed and you'll need to do 7/8 clear on other character.

solshine2510's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/12
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The save holder character should never get screwed, as you have put it, as long as it is logged off outside instance/raid.

Thanks G/R
    71/36
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by neilneil123 View Post
    This is probably a latency issue and I can only repeat myself,

[...]you're able to try over and over but once it switches to HC with no Deathwing present and Thrall goes back to the small island, it's over for your character as it became saved to the encounter.
    You can stop trying with the actual character and time to bring another alt in.

R.O.G's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    5/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup nice job! still working nice find

OliB's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    7/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This happened to me today, disbanding and resetting the instance did not work. But after a soft reset (one hour later), Thrall was back on the large island, and everything worked fine. The ID was saved on another character (7/8 normal).

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast