1/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Otherworld Exploit [Big potential,maybe]

So today me and some friends stumbled across a pretty badass exploit on the isle of thunder
    Theres a Ship with Trolls on it, swimming through the water (near the stage 4 lock)
    If you manage to jump on this ship when its standing in the MIDDLE of the ocean (important: it has to be in the middle of the ocean, not on the haven.) try to jump on it. my friends did it by just swimming towards the ship while it was moving from the HAVEN TOWARDS THE OCEAN

Now later,all 4 of us went on the ship and the ship was just bugged. we spent some time on the ship and then we decided that my mates are going to jump down and im going to log off to see if this ship maybe moves again. so they jumped down and i logged off. now when i logged on like 3 minutes later i was kinda phased. for my mates i was still on the ship in the ocean. i was standing on the ship @the haven tho.

they saw me pretty much flying through / over the water when i was walking around in the stage 4 area on their screen.
    on MY screen tho, i saw them flying through the whole stage 4 area while they were swimming through the ocean.

i dont really know what happened / why it happened but maybe this has some bigger potential?

tl;dr version
    - make it on the ship on stage 4 while its mid ocean, have your friend(s) swimming beside of the ship
    - you log off on the ship
    - log back on in like 3 mins
    - enjoy being kinda.... phased? i guess..
    ps: you can still jump on their chopper. if they swim through the water you pretty much have nocollision and fly through every building whatsoever.
    and so THEY are able to jump on your chopper and magically swim / fly / whatever you wanna call it through their "phase"#

so i think what's happening since the ship teleports itself back to haven for some reason it teleports even when you are standing on it, you just cant see it. the boat is still in the ocean but i think another "invisible version" is standing on the haven. since when you jump down in the water the mobs on the haven will aggro you eventho you are swimming around in the ocean

enjoy.

sadly couldnt make a video. feel free to ask questions in this thread

props to my mates who found this weird thing with me.
    Dr00d
    Darkwing151
    Ricka
    Last edited by wrathqt; 03-10-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Otherworld Exploit [Big potential,maybe]
    Thundathigh's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There definitely is something there, I thought that nothing had happened at first (since I could kill things just like normal), but I couldn't do any pet battles (no icon), and my Divine Star always casted in the same direction.

I cast Hearthstone, cancelled it, and logged, and was back at my hearth location without having a CD on Hearthstone, so at the very least you can get a free hearth out of it.

weirdgamer's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to replicate this just by swimming out to the waters where the ship is, I never actually made it on the ship.

After being there a few min I started to swim around and was getting attacked by an invisible shark.

I wasn't able to cast abilities on it, but was able to white attack.

After swimming back to the island, there were no npcs on the island at all.

I logged out, and on character select screen it showed me as no location.

Upon logging back in I was @ my hearth location.

Things to note : I was able to drop a Jeeves and interact with it while being phased, as well as use my daily crafting cd. Neither reset upon login.

kaustos's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds similar to the old ICC gunship bug like this. You /reloaded right as the fight ended and people in the correct 'phase' would see you walking through the floor at Deathbringers Rise, but you saw yourself on the ramp at the ships starting point.

gkelter's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swam out and did the mount through the ceiling (Alt+F4 version) glitch to get into the bottom of the ship. I let it drag me around the island for a while and then when I got to the northern area, clearly outside the fatigue line I noticed I had no fatigue bar. I swam out of the ship, but no matter how far away I got, I kept getting pulled along the path of the ship as if I was still on it. Also, it let me swim all the way to the invisible wall at the end of the world without getting fatigued at all. I swam all the way to the ocean floor (took a good 5-10 mins) just for the hell of it, got bored, and hearthed. I still had a breath meter by the way unlike the fatigue meter. When I hearthed back to Vale of Eternal Blossoms, my breath meter stayed on screen and filled back up as if I just swam to the top of the water, and then after a few seconds it disappeared. This all might sound like random crap but I just wanted to detail what happened when I tried this so that other people could interpret it haha.

CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha pretty funny stuff.
    "the true wow experience is Maclone"

Ryuthedragon's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working, but it seems like it phase you. You can travel in the island without encountering any monster. And door disappear so you can go to the last phase region.

BlackMagician's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    since i found this exploit very interesting i made a video of it and what gkelter was talking about:
    I swam out of the ship, but no matter how far away I got, I kept getting pulled along the path of the ship as if I was still on it.
    here is the video:

Ship at Isle of Thunder - YouTube

Sweepstakes's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was in a party with a couple people and we had the ship at different places for our servers. For me it was docked, for them it was out at sea.
    Fired at mobs from the low point of the ship to the dock where they were and they were baffled to see the arrows flying in from the sea.

Our priest relogged and he got transfered to my realm to see the ship docked.
    He pulled the warrior to the ship and it got to witness flying out a mile to the ship at sea.

When he jumped off, he fell down under the dock.
    Made a claim about seeing some sort of door.

Meursault's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sweepstakes View Post
    Made a claim about seeing some sort of door.
    Probably the one to that room where they keep all the loot neatly stacked on shelves ready for bosses to pick up before their shift starts on a Wednesday.
    Zoidberg: Meursault, give me your vector drawing skills, please.

adde88's Avatar Site Donator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be testing this when the servers are live again.
    Also gonna test my daily inscription skill while phased.

Alfalfa's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    70/79
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by adde88 View Post
    I'll be testing this when the servers are live again.
    Also gonna test my daily inscription skill while phased.
    They've been live for a while though (us)

Potsu's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed this today while questing in the isle. Def works and I was flying through the ground and stuff as the ship was moving.

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is totally badass.

I read the OP's description and didn't really understand what was going on. I read gkelter's and was intrigued. So last night I went out there... only I just stood on the boat and took it for a ride. I didn't understand to step off the boat and no-clip until this morning when I just watched BlackMagician's video. Looking very forward to messing around with this, as I believe it will allow me to reach somewhere on the island that I hadn't been able to reach before.

+7 rep to wrathqt, gkelter, and BlackMagician. Thanks for this!

Alfalfa's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    70/79
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been posted on reddit and is on the frontpage... link

Awesome op, really cool. Is there anything major you can do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast