0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jamesgreen View Post
    You need to reread what the original poster is talking about. He is saying you have split the 2 services between two different characters. One get the lvl 80 level up and the other get the free faction change/server transfer. It says specifically in the FAQ that you are not intended to have these services split.
    I didn't use any "exploit". Created lvl 1 alt. Boosted to 80. Still had option to faction change/realm transfer my main 85.

Split up lvl 80 boost and free char xfer from SoR
    PuffDank's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xRNx View Post
    I didn't use any "exploit". Created lvl 1 alt. Boosted to 80. Still had option to faction change/realm transfer my main 85.
    Damnit I wish I read a lil mmowned material before getting back into wow, just used my SoR and when I picked the lvl 1 i wanted to boost the xfer option went away...I quoted your post because I would like to hear a step by step on how you managed to make your lvl 80 and still have the xfers available?

skythex's Avatar Banned World's cheapest and fastest Mount Service CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    11 (82%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he is talking shit, like many people here.

jamesgreen's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zacarias View Post
    Doesn't the character have to be in a different realm for it to trigger the realm transfer option though?

Friend of mine ressurects me from *eg* Stormscale, I make a level 1 on stormscale and level boost him to 80 using this. Since it's on that server already won't that make the realm transfer for my other character not work, as it'll never try to realm transfer my new character to begin with?

Thanks for the repply, just trying to make sure.
    the way i said to do it though, you use the faction change to your advantage. if you want to make a lvl 80 ally on stormscale, have him refer you as horde. you take the 1-80 upgrade and then cant faction change due to having too much gold or mail. then, you still have the faction change/transfer available. get on your main and use the transfer option. then, when it asks you for faction change at the login screen, you can choose not to or even just change your race to something in the same faction.

i did this twice on my two accounts, it does work. thanks again.

Bluter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any way to access the realm/faction change after you already boosted a char and several days gone?

Pdey's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just MAYBE if you write a ticket and say that it was bugged for you...

but normaly not...

skythex's Avatar Banned World's cheapest and fastest Mount Service CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    11 (82%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wrote a gm ticket because my account ran out later as needed for the roll and he just sent me a ress roll, so maybe you have a chance

dettoll's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still working lvl 85 faction changed and lvl 40 boosted to lvl 80 just registered after a long time as a lurker to say Thank's for this worked like a charm CHEERS

tmolloy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you getting it to switch server transfer AND faction transfer? I successfully split the level up and server transfer; the server transfer is awaiting. But when I click to claim this, it is asking me to transfer server AND faction; there is no way to decline the faction transfer.

I wanted a lvl 80 and a transfer to a horde server so I invited with an ally. Leveled up the 80 and couldn't transfer due to gold. Now I want to transfer a horde toon on another server to this other server and remain horde. It'll let me transfer but only as alliance. So how did you split it up?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by jamesgreen View Post
    the way i said to do it though, you use the faction change to your advantage. if you want to make a lvl 80 ally on stormscale, have him refer you as horde. you take the 1-80 upgrade and then cant faction change due to having too much gold or mail. then, you still have the faction change/transfer available. get on your main and use the transfer option. then, when it asks you for faction change at the login screen, you can choose not to or even just change your race to something in the same faction.

i did this twice on my two accounts, it does work. thanks again.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    11 (82%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you dont have to use faction change. just login with your horde char without changing him to alliance

tmolloy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by skythex View Post
    you dont have to use faction change. just login with your horde char without changing him to alliance
    That's the problem. I have split up the level 80 boost and the server/faction change. The lvl 80 char is Horde just fine. But the server/faction change is only to the server/faction of the person who invited you. And I used an alliance toon to invite my horde character so that I could make a lvl 80 horde toon by abusing the gold limit on faction change instead of server change.

So how do I server change him without faction changing him?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you just put in the request for the server transfer/faction change. when you log in to the character on your new server, just decline the option to change faction. you can change gender, name, and features at that point if you want, and even just change race between the same faction.

tmolloy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent! Thanks so much guys! +Rep for each of you.

winkaze's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,

So let me get this right. I'm hoping to achieve the following:

- Transfer my 85 horde main from Jubeithos to Frostmourne horde
    - Create a level 1 and boost it to lvl 80 on Frostmourne horde

Now from what I understand, it will need to happen in this order:

1.My friend who's sending me the SoR needs to send it from another server, say Tichondrius
    2. I create a horde lvl 1 toon on Frostmourne Horde
    3. Make sure I have at least 300g on the lvl 1 toon
    4. Use the SoR rewards to boost and transfer to Tichondrius
    5. Transfer will fail as the character is over the gold limit. However the boost to 80 will still work and now I have a lvl 80 horde on Frostmourne (one objective achieved!!)
    6. The reward will now be split to two; 1 for the 80 boost (used) and the other for the server/faction transfer
    7. Use the server/faction transfer on my lvl 85 main (2nd objective achieved!!)

Did I get the steps right?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by winkaze View Post
    Hi guys,

So let me get this right. I'm hoping to achieve the following:

- Transfer my 85 horde main from Jubeithos to Frostmourne horde
    - Create a level 1 and boost it to lvl 80 on Frostmourne horde

Now from what I understand, it will need to happen in this order:

1.My friend who's sending me the SoR needs to send it from another server, say Tichondrius
    2. I create a horde lvl 1 toon on Frostmourne Horde
    3. Make sure I have at least 300g on the lvl 1 toon
    4. Use the SoR rewards to boost and transfer to Tichondrius
    5. Transfer will fail as the character is over the gold limit. However the boost to 80 will still work and now I have a lvl 80 horde on Frostmourne (one objective achieved!!)
    6. The reward will now be split to two; 1 for the 80 boost (used) and the other for the server/faction transfer
    7. Use the server/faction transfer on my lvl 85 main (2nd objective achieved!!)

Did I get the steps right?
    no, you need to make the SoR request from a frostmourne Ally toon. then create the lvl 1 horde toon on frostmourne and then level him to 80 with 300g and or mail pending. then, put in the request to transfer your 85 jubeithos toon to frostmourne with *optional* race change. when you get to the log in screen with your toon now on frostmourne, you will be prompted for a character recustomization. you can change your toon how ever you like or just leave him exactly the same. i hope this helps you.

if you put in the request from tichondrius, your horde toon will have to be transferred to tichondrius.
    Last edited by jamesgreen; 04-15-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast