0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Avoidlol View Post
    i didn't need to use this "exploit" to split the services up, you can choose if you want the free transfer + faction change OR claim level 80, it's 2 seperate services lol

You need to reread what the original poster is talking about. He is saying you have split the 2 services between two different characters. One get the lvl 80 level up and the other get the free faction change/server transfer. It says specifically in the FAQ that you are not intended to have these services split.

Split up lvl 80 boost and free char xfer from SoR
    jamesgreen's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just confirmed that this does work. thanks for the heads up because i was just going to use this for factions changes otherwise. now i got 2 free lvl 80 horde toons out of the deal.

id give rep but its not letting me.

taquito86's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can i boost to lv80 but transfer to other server of my choice ?

reliasn's Avatar Legendary Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    24/215
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is what I wanted to do:
    - Boost to 80 a toon on the realm of my main character
    - Transfer another 80 I had on another realm to the realm of my main.

I sent the SoR via my main character and also created the 80 on my main's realm. Upon claiming reward, it showed I'd only receive the boost to 80 since I was already in my "friend's" realm. Therefore, if you plan to transfer to your main's realm, send the SoR from another character that's in another realm. Ok, so I could still boost a toon to 80 and transfer it. Then I created a toon in another realm and this time it showed the option to "transfer to my friend's realm". But I dumbly didn't select that option as I thought it would trigger the transfer right away after "clicking the button". So I left it unchecked, put the 20k+ gold on the level 1 toon and ... toon went to 80 but stood on the wrong realm and I also ended up losing the Free Transfer. So, the impossible kinda happened with me and I ****ed everything up. Now I'm calling Blizzard to tell them that "I didn't see the option" and ask them to transfer my toon to my main's realm. And regarding the other 80 toon I previously had... gg, only paying now to transfer to my main's realm. So, make sure you SELECT the transfer option before clicking the button.

I failed...

skythex's Avatar Banned World's cheapest and fastest Mount Service CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    11 (82%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :/ to Avoidlol: if you use one service, you cant use the other one.
    Last edited by skythex; 03-13-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by reliasn View Post
    So this is what I wanted to do:
    - Boost to 80 a toon on the realm of my main character
    - Transfer another 80 I had on another realm to the realm of my main.

I sent the SoR via my main character and also created the 80 on my main's realm. Upon claiming reward, it showed I'd only receive the boost to 80 since I was already in my "friend's" realm. Therefore, if you plan to transfer to your main's realm, send the SoR from another character that's in another realm. Ok, so I could still boost a toon to 80 and transfer it. Then I created a toon in another realm and this time it showed the option to "transfer to my friend's realm". But I dumbly didn't select that option as I thought it would trigger the transfer right away after "clicking the button". So I left it unchecked, put the 20k+ gold on the level 1 toon and ... toon went to 80 but stood on the wrong realm and I also ended up losing the Free Transfer. So, the impossible kinda happened with me and I ****ed everything up. Now I'm calling Blizzard to tell them that "I didn't see the option" and ask them to transfer my toon to my main's realm. And regarding the other 80 toon I previously had... gg, only paying now to transfer to my main's realm. So, make sure you SELECT the transfer option before clicking the button.

I failed...

to avoid the problem of the toon being on the same realm, you should have made the request form the opposite faction. then you would have been able to use this exploit to gain a lvl 80 but then be denied the faction transfer due to having mail or gold in inventory. this would also have allowed you to transfer yet another lvl 80 character to this same realm and since the faction transfer is optional it wouldnt matter that the request was from the opposite faction since its optional. i transfered my main yesterday and after arriving on the server it asked me whether to faction change or not.

eSko's Avatar YmxhY2tqYWNrJmhvb2tlcnM= CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Avoidlol View Post
    you can choose if you want the free transfer + faction change OR claim level 80, it's 2 seperate services lol
    no it's not.

moonk1n's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    169/24
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too late aswell, but interesting find! Good job and +rep!

Bluter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a short question upon this: Is it possible to transfer characters not only to another realm, but to another account, too? The normal transfer process allows this so I wonder if it's the same here...couldn't try atm so if someone could answer this would be great.

skythex's Avatar Banned World's cheapest and fastest Mount Service CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    11 (82%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesnt work, transfer from SoR doesnt include this feature

Zacarias's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would there be any way to make this work to do the following:

Transfer a level 85 character to a new realm.
    Make a new level 80 character on the new realm.

I was hoping I could get the free transfer to realm where I have no characters and have an alt for professions in that same new realm.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zacarias View Post
    Would there be any way to make this work to do the following:

Transfer a level 85 character to a new realm.
    Make a new level 80 character on the new realm.

I was hoping I could get the free transfer to realm where I have no characters and have an alt for professions in that same new realm.
    yes, but you need to do it he way i said.

Marvelous's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/8
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone can confirm if this still works before we try it out ?

Zacarias's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jamesgreen View Post
    yes, but you need to do it he way i said.
    Doesn't the character have to be in a different realm for it to trigger the realm transfer option though?

Friend of mine ressurects me from *eg* Stormscale, I make a level 1 on stormscale and level boost him to 80 using this. Since it's on that server already won't that make the realm transfer for my other character not work, as it'll never try to realm transfer my new character to begin with?

Thanks for the repply, just trying to make sure.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    11 (82%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your friend should have sent the scroll from a lvl 1 alliance char from stormscale, so transfer would be available

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast