85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Phone "Phreaking"] Get instant Service from Blizzard Customer Support

(this is posted with GZ's permission, based of an OOLLDD thread in the news section.)

Last week, my authenticator died. i did a quick search of Ownedcore to see if there was a method of getting into the system faster.

i stumbled upon a year and a half old thread in the news section and decided to try it out.

Called in, selected English, got a message about "longer than normal hold times" then tried the exploit. was speaking with a CS rep INSTANTLY. total time spent on phone was around 2 minutes, including time listening to pre-recorded messages. total time on music hold less than 5 seconds.

What we are trying to do: Bypass the Enter queue and speak to a CS Rep immediately.

Method: Start your call as normal. select your language. Select the type of assistance you require as normal. Wait through any prerecorded messages. once you are truly on music hold, press the following on your telephone keypad: 1111112 (one 6 times, then 2)

This has been tested on the North America Phone System, in English Language.
    Further testing may be required for EU phone systems.

The original post is here: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/news...honecalls.html ([Handy Trick] Skip Waiting Queues on Phonecalls.)
    I have posted this after receiving confirmation from Ground Zero that it was Acceptable for me to do so.

EDIT:

Cecu had another good, related tip to share, dont rep me for this suggestion, as it is his idea.

Originally Posted by Cecu View Post
    I could add something useful between the lines:

If you want free phone call to Blizzard support, and your country does not offer any, just call the France number (for Europe) or any other free line via Skype. It will be totally free, even with 30min hold time!
    From 7itanium (currently unverified, older exploit, test if you can please):

Originally Posted by 7itanium View Post
    The post is so old I cant seem to find it anymore, and acctually now that I read your post its a different method.
    The one I posted was as follows:

-Call blizz
    -Select the option to go through the "automated support system, rather than asking for a rep"
    -once the automated system realizes you dont want its help (just hit random numbers) you are put into a "priority que" and usually answered within 10 seconds.
    THIS method still works AFAIK.

either way though, you posted a method I didnt know about and you got permission of the original poster to revive it. Thanks
    Sorry if I seemed like I was flaming (would rep if I could)
    Last edited by TehVoyager; 01-20-2012 at 11:48 AM.

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

[Phone "Phreaking"] Get instant Service from Blizzard Customer Support
    mahkidneys's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot mate =3

Will be handy for the future

Cecu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    121/20
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want free phone call to Blizzard support, and your country does not offer any, just call the France number (for Europe) or any other free line via Skype. It will be totally free, even with 30min hold time!

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, i will add this to the top post with credit to you Cecu. thanks

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GZ wasnt the one who originally posted it though... I was

Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 7itanium View Post
    GZ wasnt the one who originally posted it though... I was
    Can you provide a link to your original post? when i did a search on this topic, GZ's post was the only 1 i found describing this. there were some other methods that didn't seem applicable anymore, but no other posts like this one.

Makelarhs's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cecu View Post

i can confirm this!
    the number i call is +448000288246
    skype always!

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehVoyager View Post
    Can you provide a link to your original post? when i did a search on this topic, GZ's post was the only 1 i found describing this. there were some other methods that didn't seem applicable anymore, but no other posts like this one.
    The post is so old I cant seem to find it anymore, and acctually now that I read your post its a different method.
    The one I posted was as follows:

-Call blizz
    -Select the option to go through the "automated support system, rather than asking for a rep"
    -once the automated system realizes you dont want its help (just hit random numbers) you are put into a "priority que" and usually answered within 10 seconds.
    THIS method still works AFAIK.

either way though, you posted a method I didnt know about and you got permission of the original poster to revive it. Thanks
    Sorry if I seemed like I was flaming (would rep if I could)

Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'll quote your post 7itanium and put it in the top post as well. thanks for an additional method when you have a momment, try it to verify that it still works.

hjerpe_mini's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (this is posted with GZ's permission, based of an OOLLDD thread in the news section.)

Last week, my authenticator died. i did a quick search of Ownedcore to see if there was a method of getting into the system faster.

i stumbled upon a year and a half old thread in the news section and decided to try it out.

Called in, selected English, got a message about "longer than normal hold times" then tried the exploit. was speaking with a CS rep INSTANTLY. total time spent on phone was around 2 minutes, including time listening to pre-recorded messages. total time on music hold less than 5 seconds.

What we are trying to do: Bypass the Enter queue and speak to a CS Rep immediately.

Method: Start your call as normal. select your language. Select the type of assistance you require as normal. Wait through any prerecorded messages. once you are truly on music hold, press the following on your telephone keypad: 1111112 (one 6 times, then 2)

The original post is here: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/news...honecalls.html ([Handy Trick] Skip Waiting Queues on Phonecalls.)
    I have posted this after receiving confirmation from Ground Zero that it was Acceptable for me to do so.

EDIT:

Cecu had another good, related tip to share, dont rep me for this suggestion, as it is his idea.

From 7itanium (currently unverified, older exploit, test if you can please):

Did NOT work....Sweden (Eng language)

Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehVoyager
    Last i checked, Sweeden is not in North america

but i'll add that further testing is required for EU systems. thanks

timglide's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told my friend about this and he was about to try it but then a CSR answered right away anyway :x. Will definitely try myself should the opportunity arise.

tildarion's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Further testing may be required for EU phone systems.

didnt work for me ( north american line)

Still in line to talk to blizz, 80 minute estimated wait, 28 minutes in, disappointed it didnt work )=

Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno what to tell you, worked fine for me man.

ddebug's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno what to tell you, worked fine for me man.
    Worked being the keyword.

Doesn't anymore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast