0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Temporarily Become Uber God in AV

I've had this happen to me in AV twice on my hunter and once on my druid. The only problem is I'm still not entirely sure how to cause it. In all cases it requires your avatar to be at the npc armor scrap quest person. My characters are all Alliance so I'm not sure if this would work on the other side.

In each instance I was already in combat with the oposing faction who was entering the base. I had tried to quest turn in my loot before they could aggro or kill them. However (this is the fun part), When they did Aggro I was in a portion of turning the quest in and it forced me to aggro as well. You WILL lose control of yoru character and WOW will take over. From this point you will start summoning multiple crystals dragonets (takes about .5 seconds to summon) and attackign the horde. Your damage to teh horde is insane and you can take a pounding (not to mention the damage your dragons cause). If you managed to push them back your char will run back and stand with the npc's for a bit and aggro any horde that come by. Eventually (not sure if its a timeing or otherwise) you will regain control of yoru character or you can do a quick relog. The only problem is if you die, your character will run back and stand where the npc's would be and still react to horde as if they were there but be uanble to truly do anything. If your corpse is there it will let you rez to continue the fight.

If anyone can get the surefire way (which portion) you have to be in to trigger this I would be appreciated

Edit: According to a poster below in this thread, it can also happen in an arena
    Number of people confirming: 11 (as of 10/07/0 - Confirmed in this thread

Screenshot in Arena of same problem posted by "ROSULM" --> ImageShack - Hosting :: rekindlenw0.jpg
    Last edited by cetrok2; 10-07-2008 at 09:04 PM.

Temporarily Become Uber God in AV
    Thirtteen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This litterally sounds unbelievable...

Chrommie's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vid plx? kthnxbai

popster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    omg thats nice im gonna try it out right now and see how to trigger it

shadeburn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :worthless:

cetrok2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be easier for you to reproduce yourself than for me to get a vid for you. As I stated I haven't hammered down the exact cause, and I've only had it work 3 times. I currently am not playing retail (until new release) so i couldn't if I wanted to. Its not like you have to do anything major, just try to turn in armor scraps when the enemy enter your base but before they can aggro.

Pterosaur's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a pile of bollocks

cetrok2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by shadeburn View Post
    :worthless:
    You can also go search on the forums, for a post by Aristarce. A blue responded saying that they had had it happen as well but Blizzard couldn't figure out what caused it. This post I believe is 2 months old before I cancelled my account for WOTLK. No to mention the numerous responses from other players reporting same issue. I wasn't "trying" to cause it, but it happened 3 separate times. I figured since most people here are experts at exploiting they could use the info and come up with a surefire way to trigger it every time.

Rosulm's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have witnessed a very similar bug on my 29 warlock in a couple months ago, it happened maybe 3 or 4 times and i thought a GM was messing with me. What happened was i was in an arena and we would win the arena and all of the sudden, right after we won, i lost control of my char. I was moving around without control and somehow (at level 29, i was an engineer but only 225) summoned battle chickens, arcanite dragonlings, and other random engi items like bombs and what not and was spamming shadow bolt on the opposing team. It seemed like they were stuck in the arena since they stayed there the for a good amount of time while i just continuely spammed shadowbolt and my pats attacked him. I had about 15 pets, and i believe i still have a screenshot of it but i don't know how to reproduce it. Although what happened to me seems pretty useless.

Edit: Ill try and upload a SS now, although i've never uploaded a picture before
    Last edited by Rosulm; 10-04-2008 at 05:55 PM.

cetrok2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nevermind on the search i can't find that post anymore, it appears to haev died a long death, but you can read other AV bitch posts by me.

da_bizkit's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    screenshot or it didn't happen
    -Rogues Do It From Behind-

Happy2k's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cetrok2 View Post
    You can also go search on the forums, for a post by Aristarce. A blue responded saying that they had had it happen as well but Blizzard couldn't figure out what caused it. This post I believe is 2 months old before I cancelled my account for WOTLK. No to mention the numerous responses from other players reporting same issue. I wasn't "trying" to cause it, but it happened 3 separate times. I figured since most people here are experts at exploiting they could use the info and come up with a surefire way to trigger it every time.
    Since YOU started the thread, YOU should find that link, then YOU should copy it, then YOU should paste it here and press "Submit Reply".

If not.. this is bullsh*t.

hawk2212's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol nice ill have to try it

cetrok2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rosulm View Post
    I have witnessed a very similar bug on my 29 warlock in a couple months ago, it happened maybe 3 or 4 times and i thought a GM was messing with me. What happened was i was in an arena and we would win the arena and all of the sudden, right after we won, i lost control of my char. I was moving around without control and somehow (at level 29, i was an engineer but only 225) summoned battle chickens, arcanite dragonlings, and other random engi items like bombs and what not and was spamming shadow bolt on the opposing team. It seemed like they were stuck in the arena since they stayed there the for a good amount of time while i just continuely spammed shadowbolt and my pats attacked him. I had about 15 pets, and i believe i still have a screenshot of it but i don't know how to reproduce it. Although what happened to me seems pretty useless.

Edit: Ill try and upload a SS now, although i've never uploaded a picture before

EXACTLY!!! First time I thought a GM was hacking me, but the behavior was too mob like when the fighting ended, running back and through things to get to the standing point. I had absolutely NO control of my character, and I guess the engineerign thing makes since due to the fact that they were the mithril dragons or whatever, the ones engineers have. I don't remember any chickens but I was freaking out at the time. First time I even unplugged the internet afraid I'd permanently lost my account to a hacker.

The other two times it happened I just laughed cause of the damage I was doing to the other team. I was worried I would get reported for hacking but the GM assured me they could tell I wasn't and I was safe, but they were still baffled.

cetrok2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Happy2k View Post
    Since YOU started the thread, YOU should find that link, then YOU should copy it, then YOU should paste it here and press "Submit Reply".

If not.. this is bullsh*t.
    If you read before you post you will see I've already looked for the post and said nevermind becuase I couldnt' find it. apparantly they delete posts after time.

And if your so skeptical, try it next tiem your in AV and losing, it would take less than a second of your tiem to click the quest vendor before horde pull them, and you lose NOTHING from trying except temporary loss of your character if it works. If you read the original post you will also see that i've asked people to help me reproduce it and figure out what causes it as I am not entirely sure, and the fact that i described what i was doing was to give people the edge to figure it out. sheesh you people are real stingy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast