0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30 g to 11 000 gold in two weeks at level 6

I recently stopped playing again, but I had 3 weeks left of playtime so I decided to do an experiment. I rolled an alt on Stormscale horde where my friend plays, leveled it up to 6 and took tailoring/enchanting, and got 30G from my friend as a start. I used two weeks of crafting and half a week of just selling the last I crafted, and I ended up with 11000G total. I'll just list items I made and sold, and then specify some more. To find if it is profitable on your server you'll unfortunately have to do some math.

Low level crafting: Take tailoring/enchanting, buy lots of linen cloth. I bought linen cloth for less than 50s/stack and level 1-15 green items for less than 20s each. Mass crafted first Bolt of Linen Cloth, and then Brown Linen Robe. Made a macro to one click disenchant them. After I was done with that the first evening I had turned 30G into 200G worth of Strange Dust(12G/stack) and Greater Magic Essence(1.2G/each).
    The macro is
    /cast Disenchant
    /use [item]
    Just link the item and you will be able to one click disenchant what you have. If you replace the /cast Disenchant with /cast Prospecting, it will work as one click prospecting too.

Low level disenchanting: By then I had got enchanting so high I could start disenchanting level 16-20 green items. These produce average 5 strange dust each DE, compared to the average 1.5 dust per Brown Linen Robe DE, so I could buy them for a higher price and still get good profit in the long run. When disenchanting always know how big the average DE value is before buying. For example with the price for linen cloth and dust I said, crafting a Brown Linen Robe costs me 15s max, but I DE it into average 75s each. A level 16-20 item disenchants into average 3G, but I rarely buy them above 1G(I don't want the sellers to think the market is too good).
    The levels of enchanting and what you can disenchant:
    1: Up to level 15 items
    25: Up to level 20 items
    50: Up to level 25 items
    75: Up to level 30 items
    The rest of the DE ranges can be found by looking on WoWhead, but these are what will be for a level 5 alt.

Small Radiant Shards: I bought these for less than 4G each, put them on AH in stacks of 4 for 24G, a 6G/shard. It alone won't make you rich, but it's easy 10G+ per day income unless you have many other doing it. Overall I didn't do much buying/reselling without any crafting, I'm not very good at it.

Blue quality gems: Learn the prices of blue quality gems, both cut and uncut, so you can see when a blue uncut gem is a bargain. For example cut Living Rubies were selling for 60-100G each with uncut for 50-65G each, so I made sure to only buy them below 60G and sell above 75G, doing useful cuts like teardrop/runed/delicate/bright.
    Other cuts I got: All kinds of Noble Topaz but Reckless, Balanced/Glowing/Royal/Shifting Nightseye and Gleaming/Great/Mystic/Rigid/Smooth. All gems were bought from AH and 5G paid for each cut to a friendly JC, so make sure that the difference in price between the uncut and cut gem is over 15G.

Meta gems: Here I just did two gems, Chaotic Skyfire and Bracing Earthstorm. Best caster and best healer gems in my opinion, and both relatively hard to get for an unmotivated JC. In my case I could buy the uncut gem from AH, get it cut for 10G fee, and then sell it on AH for 30-50G profit.

First Aid Tomes: I ran my level 6 to Camp Taurajo, then east into the mountains avoiding all mobs. Had him go down on the other side of the mountain into the horde camp in Dustwallow Marsh. There I bought the First Aid tomes from the vendor(expert, heavy silk, mageweave) and I'm selling them 2-4 of each per day for 1.5-3G profit each. Alliance needs to buy them from Arathi Highlands, so it's a longer and more dangerous run.
    Horde vendor: Balai Lok'Wein - NPC - World of Warcraft
    Alliance vendor: Deneb Walker - NPC - World of Warcraft

Mystic/Runic Spellthread: Primal Mana is your main resource to make these, so keep an eye on Primal Mana prices. On my server they were selling for 18-25G lowest price at different times, so I had a rule to buy all I found below 20G each. That way the crafting cost of Mystic Spellthread would be 105G(5G to crafter) max. Luckily they were selling easily for 150-170G most of the time. Runic Spellthreads didn't have the same amount of profit per primal mana used, but since it targeted another buyer I made them too. You need a scryers tailor to get these made, honored/exalted for the blue/epic types. 5G/10G crafting fee.

Silver/Golden Spellthread: Primal Life is what you'll be looking for here. On my server the price for primal life were higher(23-26G), but so were the prices for the threads, so I got 50-80G profit for silver and 120-200G profit for golden. These need aldor honored/exalted tailor which is harder to find. 5G/10G crafting fee.

Clefthide/Nethercleft leg armor: You need total of 16 items for the clefthide armor, all which are in the same price range(3-5G). I checked prices for clefthide armor on AH, multiplied by 0.95(AH fee), subtracted 5G(crafter fee) and then divided by 16G to find the max price I could use for one of the reagents. Then I normally bought it for 1G less than the max price, which lead to buying Thick Clefthoof leather for 2.5-4G each, Primal Earth for 3-4G each and Knothide Leather for 10-14G/stack. The reason I didn't buy Heavy Knothide leather directly was because the price of it was higher than buying Knothide Leather and getting the LW to make that too at a normal 50s fee per heavy knothide he crafted. The clefthide armor sell very well, they don't cost alot and many people buy them for their level 70 blues or just for alts they level that they want to give extra support. I made few Nethercleft because I was selling Clefthide so quickly, and there was a limited amount of cheap Thick Clefthoof Leather before they understood someone was buying it.

Fel Iron Rod: I bought Fel Iron Ore for up to 15G/stack(1.5G per Fel Iron Bar), found a miner/BS and got him to make me Fel Iron Rods. After paying the crafter 2-4G per Fel Iron Rod made(included the smelting) I sold the rods on AH for 25-30G, which was 13-18G above the crafting cost. I expect Eternium Rod will be profitable as well since it only needs 4 bars, but Adamantite Rod needs 10 and I therefore didn't do it. Easily sold 2-3 per day.

Epic SSC belts: Now we're talking. Depending on the age and population density of your server, this can be either very profitable or impossible to make money on. The most important here is getting cheap Nether Vortex. If the normal price for Vortexes(or epic gems) on your server is around 150-250G, it can be good. I got them either through AH for around 200G each, or by looking in trade for people selling them or epic gems. Many JC like to stand in shattrath by G'eras and advertise something like "All epic cuts 200G". Both epic gems and nether vortex cost 15 badges, so convinving him to sell you a couple vortexes shouldn't be hard.

Getting the primals is just looking at AH for couple of days until you see what the normal price is, and then buy when it goes below that. For example I bought most of my Primal Air/Fire/Shadow for 24-26G each, but sometimes there were people that put up for 20G each, which were quickly bought by me.

Finding the crafter can be hard. I advice asking around in the top raiding guilds on your server, or run around in a major city inspecting people hoping to find someone with an epic belt where you can see crafter name. Fee for crafting can vary between 10G and 50G+ depending on raid progress on server and friendlyness of crafter.

When I had got 200G nether vortexes, 25G primals and 25G crafting fee, my finished belt cost me roughly 800-950G. I got total 2 Belt of Blasting and 5 Belt of Deep Shadow crafted and they sold for 1600G BO, so 600-700G profit to me after AH fee for each belt. Always do the math first though, because on a server with high nether vortex prices there might not be many people with money to buy your finished belt, and getting up to 2000G will reduce your amount of potential buyers.

General crafting tips: Always have armory ready to check the crafter, if they have enough crafting skill or possibly the rep needed. Ask for a crafting link(the yellow one). Agree on a fee beforehand. Don't be cheap, but don't agree to too much either. For example one guy wanted 50G to craft belt of deep shadow so I just told him to give me my mats back, because I had got 4 belts crafted earlier that day by another guy for 20G each(he wanted 10G). The first JC I used cost 10G for a blue cut, the majority was around 5G but I found one guy that cut for 3G each and he had more patterns than anyone else I found.

General AH tips: Use auctioneer. Items where you are likely to be undercut are put up on 12 hour auctions. Enchanting mats and epic belts should be 48 hour auctions. Even if you don't need mats to craft something right now, search for the mats you know you would use later and buy if they are cheap. Look at motes too, sometimes the price of a single mote is way below one tenth the price of a primal. Don't be afraid to undercut by 1 copper, the buyers don't care. I have configured my Auctioneer to automatically undercut lowest buyout by 0.01%.

30 g to 11 000 gold in two weeks at level 6
    Clockworkorange's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only is this not an exploit but a guide, but it's a COMPLETE Copy and paste from
    WoW-Europe.com Forums -> 30G to 11000G in two weeks at level 6

Weak ass attempt at gaining rep?

coni's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont give this man any rep please -_-

darkprince11's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP is a twaz head. saying its his own work when its from the wow europe forums.

Neth'zul's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You coulda at least gave some credit and link where you got it from >.>

Darkone's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When copying something from another site, please provide the original link,
    it's only fair.

~Darkone
    Elite.... by Nature

Hsk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not an Eploit, this is not your work, this is in the wrong section, you fail...

The Toxic Deer's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow thats some good copy pasta.
    ^^^^^Pretend what i typed up there is in this color font.^^^^^

Rockerfooi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

panYama's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by The Toxic Deer View Post

Wow thats some good copy pasta.
    haha you just made my day good

[Thefuzz]'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol love that pic above

arsonisT's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [IMGL]http://humboldtherald.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/copy-paste.jpg[/IMGL]

grizz311's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by darkprince11 View Post
    OP is a twaz head. saying its his own work when its from the wow europe forums.
    he never said it was his work,
    Although epic fail on copy and paste.

Mentol's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well when you write that text he first start's with I recently stopped playing again, but I had 3 weeks left of playtime so I decided to do an experiment.

Forever's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Darkone View Post
    When copying something from another site, please provide the original link,
    it's only fair.