0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Potential Exploit] Control yourself through warlock fears

Hey guys! I was just doing some 2v2 skirms and had something very strange happen. I was able to control myself during every warlock fear that occured. Here is what I know to help us reproduce this glitch:

>The map: Blade's Edge Arena
    >The bracket: 2v2 skirms
    >The matchup: resto druid + fury warrior vs warlock + paladin

>What happened: Somehow we all started fighting near their starting zone, so me and the warrior ran over to them and fought on the bottom level. I was using a wall feature on the LEFT SIDE of their entrance (facing into the entrance) to try and LoS the warlock's spells.

It was here in a nook of a wall feature that the first incident occurred. I saw the fear symbol over my head, and I had the debuff for howl of terror, yet I was able to run around and heal and control my character like normal. Furthermore, the warlock cast his usual fear spell on my at least twice more and again I was able to completely control my character throughout all of the fears.

Other than what I have already posted, I can't think of anything that might be relevant to trying to reproduce this glitch. GL to us all trying to figure this one out!
    Last edited by Ultimateman; 06-18-2008 at 12:51 AM.

[Potential Exploit] Control yourself through warlock fears
    pierrot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You had judgement of justice on you, which prevents fear from working like it normally does

-=Swift=-'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pierrot View Post
    You had judgement of justice on you, which prevents fear from working like it normally does
    True, but shouldn't disable the effects of fear making him unable to control his character nor cast spells.

Interesting.

What? Not banned just never allowed to login, ever again...
    I make graphics, sigs, and flash websites for the MMOwned community.

pierrot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by -=Swift=- View Post
    True, but shouldn't disable the effects of fear making him unable to control his character nor cast spells.

Interesting.

............................................________........................
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
    .........................,/...............................................”:,........
    .....................,?......................................................\,. ....
    .................../...........................................................,}....
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
    .............../...................................................,:”........./.....
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
    ................................`:,,...........................`\.............._ _..
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

Fills the Paladin with the spirit of justice for 30 sec, giving each melee attack a chance to stun for 2 sec. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy for 20 sec, preventing them from fleeing and limiting their movement speed. Your melee strikes will refresh the spell's duration. Only one Judgement per Paladin can be active at any one time.

read that and come back to me.

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I did, and nothing about that says it should cancel the effects of fear but fleeing.
    Besides he still had the debuff. Which if I am correct makes him unable to cast heal.
    So, if anything at all what you said accounts only for the movement, if that.

pierrot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay, maybe i should explain more clearly, that when you're under the effects of judgement of justice, you can still control your character as if you WERE NOT FEARED.

please learn the game mechanics before you post.

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It says nothing about the disabling effects of fear, only the part of fleeing.
    Last edited by -=Swift=-; 06-18-2008 at 01:26 AM.

pierrot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by -=Swift=- View Post
    It says nothing about the disabling effects of fear.

Test it out.

edit: if you're not fleeing a fight, what are you doing?
    Last edited by pierrot; 06-18-2008 at 01:30 AM.

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you stupid or ignorant?

because it looks like you've played wow for about a year or so(judging by your join date) without knowing that judgement of justice prevents fear from working like it should.

you should test it out because this is going nowhere.
    Probably ignorant at most, but from my knowledge and its not much about paladins and warlocks but "prevents fear from working like it should." doesn't have to include him to cast spells.

Edit: Interesting it seems you're right. But, I was just not convinced because of the fact the debuff was on him, and the fear model was above his head.
    I guess this isn't and exploit and I was wrong, my apologies.

Cromat's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's it.

pierrot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do i know this? because i've been judged by a paladin with justice, then feared.

fear icon goes on my head but i can run around and attack other players, use abilities etc.

pierrot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sethattack29 View Post
    Nice find! +rep :P
    you just repped a guy who didn't post an exploit, rather he posted a game mechanic

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sethattack29 View Post
    Nice find! +rep :P
    Not an exploit though?

My Own "Exploit"
    Hitting someone when they are sitting allows an 100% crit!
    (lol)

numblocke's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "FearRank 312% of base mana20 yd range1.5 sec castStrikes fear in the enemy, causing it to run in fear for up to 20 sec. Damage caused may interrupt the effect. Only 1 target can be feared at a time."

Seal of JusticeRank 210% of base mana
    Instant castFills the Paladin with the spirit of justice for 30 sec, giving each melee attack a chance to stun for 2 sec. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy for 20 sec, preventing them from fleeing and limiting their movement speed. Your melee strikes will refresh the spell's duration. Only one Judgement per Paladin can be active at any one time."

Fleeing is considered the effect of fear, gg.

Omnia's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres also the chance the warlock was retarded and use Curse of recklessness which has the exact same effect with fear as a paladins judgement of justice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast