0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Repost for Clarity] Exploiting the New Arena System

Hello, I have decided it was time to earn my keep around here (yadda yadda same old same old) so in order to clear some things up, this is a joint post about the method you should use to exploit the new arena system. It is not a total repost, instead my version of how to do it, and where others may have erred. This method will show you how to get 2k or 1850 personal rating as a mediocre player

Requirements; What you will need:

1. A 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5 Arena Team at a rating of 2080+ (for 2k) or subsequently 1910(ish) for 1850 (Please Note: this is the easiest method of doing this, you can also start fresh at a 1500 team but it will take much much longer.)

. The other players required for the team, (you will make your job much easier if you play a common setup that is known to be good with decently geared players in each slot)

To be able to get to a 1670 rating~ legit, without using this method.

The Method; How it works:

The way I did it, or I am doing it currently is in a 5v5 Team, it is also doable in 2v2 and 3v3 but I decided to kill many birds with one stone seeing as how I am well known on the server and I can get good players to help me out (this makes the process easier but it is not required). In this case I am leveling a priest's personal rating, which happens to be my alt.

We have a 2080 5v5 Team Ready to go, this allows for losses, since the patch the average personal rating is taken into account when queuing for a match, Example: Everybody in the team has 1500 personal rating so therefore you will fight teams at 1500 personal rating, even if yours or their team rating is 2k+. We run an easy combo to win with, in this case Eurocomp (as stated you should pick a popular combo). When you lose to a very low rated team, if your personal rating isn't anywhere close to your team rating your personal rating will still go up for losses.

(Eurocomp consists of a Disc Priest, Ice Mage, SS Rogue, Resto Druid, and Felguard Warlock.)

Take the person you are powerleveling, me for example, and play games with them normally. Everybody should leave and rejoin the team if anybody has anything but 1500 or below personal rating for the team. Play games as normal, you must be able to get to 1670 personal rating legit for this to work. Once at 1670 or 1700 personal rating, have everybody but the powerleveled character leave the team and rejoin. I have heard of people saying that the queues are based on whoever is queuing up, so for your sake choose somebody that has 1500 personal to queue.

Repeat the process and win or lose your personal rating will keep going up. Kick the people out of the team (or have them leave) and play games until you have your desired items.

Some Side Notes:

5v5 Is the easiest due to the higher chances of queuing against low teams considering you have 4 players' personal ratings averaged in.
    The reason behind having a very high rated team to start with is because when you lose to a very low rated team compared to yours, if your personal rating is fresh or very low compared to the team's rating, your personal rating will actually climb, even from losses.
    The requirement to get to 1670 legitly is there because it is a good stopping point before you are thrown into the mix of the good teams, (it is usually the cutoff point as I have learned from experience).
    ...A 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5 Arena Team at a rating of 2080+ (for 2k) or subsequently 1910(ish) for 1850...
    the reason behind this, ties to the side note about the personal rating climbing even from losses. Technically you could use a 2080+ team for 1850 personal as well, but chances are people will sell you a 1910ish one for much cheaper, (even though they are nearly worthless now due to the point selling fix).

If there is anything I need to clarify, please post here and I'll edit it.

Thanks

maul
    Last edited by Maulorn; 05-19-2008 at 02:04 PM.

[Repost for Clarity] Exploiting the New Arena System
    Rawrbomb's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you clarify how this is any different from the other posts about the same subject, before I report as being a repost?

Maulorn's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

response

This is a direct quote from one of the other posts about this same topic using a different method.

If you want to buy a Title just search a very highrated Team and say them they should read this post.
    Notice how the title of my post says, "Repost for Clarity"

The method was very unclear in the other two posts, due to lack of good lingual skills, also my post is a unique method on how to accomplish the same task.
    Exploit Section Rules

• No reposts.
    In response to this I think the other information posted by the other people is completely worthless if the majority of the people who read it (or attempt to) can't understand it.

My method is completely different and also utilizes type and speak the majority of english speakers can decipher and understand.

Before making a thread:

4. Proper spelling and grammar!
    Last edited by Maulorn; 05-19-2008 at 02:33 PM.

bpaquette's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice. based on what you've posted here (which i think is completely reasonable and not a repost) another strat, say on a 2v2, would be for one player to continuously leave the team (thus resetting his personal rating), and rejoin.

when that player queues, either his rating or the avg of the two people will ensure you hit teams well below your team rating.

anyone see a problem w/ that adaptation?

Rawrbomb's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how you acknowledge the fact that it is a repost, and even quote the rule about not reposting things.

Every one understood the last 7 threads fine. Even so, If YOU had difficulty reading it, or think others did, please just make a post in that already existing thread, rather than cluttering the forums with repost threads. If you have something to add, do it there, there is absolutely no reason (other than attempting to leech rep) to post a new thread on the same rehashed subject.

Either way, reported for reposting.

edit:

also..

and also utilizes type and speak the majority of english speakers can decipher and understand.
    Apparently your REpost shares the same bad English as the original threads, making this thread useless. i mean come on, that sentence doesn't make any sense at all. GJ trying to sound intelligent though.
    Last edited by Rawrbomb; 05-19-2008 at 03:03 PM.

vladreon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it helped me.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rawrbomb View Post
    I like how you acknowledge the fact that it is a repost, and even quote the rule about not reposting things.

Every one understood the last 7 threads fine. Even so, If YOU had difficulty reading it, or think others did, please just make a post in that already existing thread, rather than cluttering the forums with repost threads. If you have something to add, do it there, there is absolutely no reason (other than attempting to leech rep) to post a new thread on the same rehashed subject.

Either way, reported for reposting.

edit:

also..

Apparently your REpost shares the same bad English as the original threads, making this thread useless. i mean come on, that sentence doesn't make any sense at all. GJ trying to sound intelligent though.
    I was just trying to help out the community, if you want to get bent out of shape because you can't understand simple english...

/stopcasting Flame

and also utilizes "type" and "speak" the majority of english speakers can decipher and understand.
    notice how I quoted the things you outrightly don't understand

"type" Noun, a form of communication used via personal computer; in this case I'm classifying type as a noun, not a verb
    "speak" Noun, a form of communication used via verbal speaking (to speak); in this case I'm classifying speak as a noun, not a verb

sorry you're so upset, but I was just trying to help

/drama

My method is completely different and also utilizes "type" and "speak" the majority of english speakers can decipher and understand.
    Last edited by Maulorn; 05-19-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bpaquette View Post
    nice. based on what you've posted here (which i think is completely reasonable and not a repost) another strat, say on a 2v2, would be for one player to continuously leave the team (thus resetting his personal rating), and rejoin.

when that player queues, either his rating or the avg of the two people will ensure you hit teams well below your team rating.

anyone see a problem w/ that adaptation?
    I am unsure about the theory that states: "Whoever queues the match is the determining factor on whether or not you will fight teams of the team rating, or that of his or her personal rating itself not taking into account the average personal rating of the team."

While some may do this to be safe, (I know I would) This method you stated would work, however it is much easier to do it in 5s (based on the patch notes stating that it queues based on the average personal rating of EVERYBODY queuing for the match; IE: 4 1500s and 1 2k versus 1 1500 and 1 2k)

However this system may not even work as it is intended (go blizzard) but in theory, it could work.

Rawrbomb's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The point is, there is no reason you couldn't have just posted in one of the original threads.

Edit: deleted my grammar lesson, I'm not going to get involved in a spelling bee online with you.
    Last edited by Rawrbomb; 05-19-2008 at 04:41 PM.

[Soul Eater]'s Avatar The God King of Tails
    Thanks G/R
    3/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 Questions.

1: Is it possible if you win, you got + 0 arena rating but your personal rating is going higher over your arena team rating?

2: If you get + 1 rating from a match, would you also get + 1 PR or do you get higher PR that's close to your arena team rating?

Do the impossible, see the invisible
    Row row, Fight the power.

valiliv's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you lose to a very low rated team, if your personal rating isn't anywhere close to your team rating your personal rating will still go up for losses.
    Without getting into any other details, that's one hell of a crazy statement from a guide writer

You CANNOT gain team or personal rating from a LOSS. the absolute best you can do is zero, if your loss came vs a team 600 rating above you.

The PR gain/loss is calculated relative to the average PR of the team you played. Since that will always be 1500-1600 in your plan, you will at first gain around 15 for win and lose 15 for loss, but as your PR climbs closer to your team rating, you will start only gaining 2-5 points, while losing close to 30 PR for every loss.

Rawrbomb's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats because he isn't much of a guide writer, more of a guide reposter.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mobal View Post
    2 Questions.

1: Is it possible if you win, you got + 0 arena rating but your personal rating is going higher over your arena team rating?

2: If you get + 1 rating from a match, would you also get + 1 PR or do you get higher PR that's close to your arena team rating?
    This is true. Even if you get 1 Point to the team rating, your personal rating will still jump 15-18 points. This allows your personal rating to even climb higher than the team rating.

Also, when your personal rating is 1500 and your team rating is much higher, even a loss gives extra personal rating since patch. Instead of outright flaming at least research the topic like I did before I posted it.

anuuben's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea i already found this out a while ago

Vixen2008's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R