Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2.4] Editing item link/stats

Editing item links in 2.4

Well if you haven't noticed yet, when you link an item from an item link it reverts it back to english(if it was in a different language) and with all item enchants/gems removed. There is still a way to link items with edited stats and in a different language.

So using the
    /script SendChatMessage("\124cffff8000\124Hitem:13262:478:1198:982:0:0:0:0\124h[Ashbringer]\124h\124r");
    and editing the numbers there and pasting it into chat will no longer work because when you link it again to post it into chat all the item enchants/language and anything else otherwise not on there by default will be wiped clean.

What you have to do is go to your macros folder which by default will be at C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<Account Name>\macros-cache.txt

You can make a macro in 2 ways. One is you can go in game and create a blank macro then log out and go to the text file and your macro should be there. It will look something like this

MACRO <##> "<Macro name>" <Icon>
    END

For linking items in macros the syntax is identical to the SendChatMessage one except that you use | (instead of \

But now you have to log out then edit the text file, save it, then log back in to link it.

Just a note. Virtually everything below this is a repost of this post, just reworded, because i just found it a few min ago.

I'll use my favorite one.

|cffff8000|Hitem:21176:2671:0:0:0:2672:0:0|h[Schwarzer Qirajiresonanzkristall]|h|r

The first section is the color of the link

Originally Posted by darkwarrior View Post
    # Poor = 9d9d9d
    # Common = ffffff
    # Uncommon = 1eff00
    # Rare = 0070dd
    # Epic = a335ee
    # Legendary = ff8000
    # Artifact = e6cc80
    |cffff8000|Hitem:21176:2671:0:0:0:2672:0:0|h[Schwarzer Qirajiresonanzkristall]|h|r

The second section is the item is split up into 2 parts, the item number and the enchants on the item

The item number:
    that can be found by going to wowhead and searching for any item and the item number will be in the address bar at the end "http://www.wowhead.com/?item=21176"

After the item number the first number will turn into green text as like an enchant on the item, the following 3 will be white text like stats/gems, and the 5th block will also be in green text like an enchant.

You can find the enchant IDs at EnchantId - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

The 6th block is the random suffix ID but i have not been able to make it work or change anything as far as i can tell
    And the final blcok in section 2 is the Unique ID which does absolutely nothing that i have noticed.

The next block is the item name. This will have to be exactly correct in order for you to link it through the macro.

You can find the Spanish, German, and French item names at wowarmory.com and searching for an item then going down to where the language is and clicking a different language and the title will be in that language, just coppy and paste into the brackets.

and after you have: |cffff8000|Hitem:21176:2671:0:0:0:2672:0:0|h[Schwarzer Qirajiresonanzkristall]|h|r in your macro you will need a way to announce it to people. But that part you can do in game as well.
    Just add something like /r, /y, /2, /s in front of it so that it will announce it in chat. The item enchants will still be on it because you are not re-linking it

My final one looks like this. It will link the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal item into trade chat in German with Sunfire and Soulfrost on a mount.

MACRO 29 "German Qiraji" INV_Misc_QuestionMark
    /2 |cffff8000|Hitem:21176:2671:0:0:0:2672:0:0|h[Schwarzer Qirajiresonanzkristall]|h|r
    END

I would have posted this the day 2.4 came out but i needed 5 posts and i didnt want to post with random crap to get them.:wave:
    Last edited by Mdgames; 04-04-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Making something more noticible

[2.4] Editing item link/stats
    Zaphry's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    12/9
    Trade Feedback
    17 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is repost..... I even remember Ashbringer

Harisukusan's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zaphry View Post
    Nope I Dont Think Soo...

Mdgames's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zaphry View Post
    The sticky tells you how to do it PRE 2.4 which is cool. But now thta 2.4 is out you can no longer use that method to post the edited ones into chat because the enchants/stats changed get wiped clean. i just used that one because my example was crap.
    if you read it all i said that everything below the first half was basicly a repost of another post reworded because i found it after... here let me make it bigger so everyone will notice it
    Last edited by Mdgames; 04-04-2008 at 03:02 PM.

Zaphry's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    12/9
    Trade Feedback
    17 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mdgames View Post
    if you read it all i said that everything below the first half was basicly a repost of another post reworded because i found it after... here let me make it bigger so everyone will notice it
    I stopped reading when i saw Ashbringer... cause i have seen another thread about link changing so i thought this was repost..

well i am sorry about accusing you from that

BonutDot's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While you are correct in theory, this will not work as you have posted. You may still link items with foreign names and false enchants, however you may ONLY do so through /script SendChatMessage(). Relinking it any other way will strip it of its enchant, and revert it back to your normal language. Also, you must still use the escape char for the | vertical line, which is \124.

For whispers (replace PLAYERNAME with some guy's name):

/script SendChatMessage("\124cffff8000\124Hitem:21176:2673:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Cristal resonador negro Qiraji]\124h\124r", "WHISPER", nil, "PLAYERNAME");

For trade chat (assuming trade chat is channel 2 for you):

/script SendChatMessage("\124cffff8000\124Hitem:21176:2673:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Cristal resonador negro Qiraji]\124h\124r", "CHANNEL", nil, "2");

For guild chat:

/script SendChatMessage("\124cffff8000\124Hitem:21176:2673:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Cristal resonador negro Qiraji]\124h\124r", "GUILD", nil);

shadowbladex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea.. its a repost..

Mdgames's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by shadowbladex View Post
    Yea.. its a repost..
    Please show me the post where it tells you how to link the edited items IN 2.4. because in the sticky it only shows you how to link it in the default chat frame. which does not work in 2.4 anymore because the item enchants get wiped.

Originally Posted by BonutDot View Post
    While you are correct in theory, this will not work as you have posted. You may still link items with foreign names and false enchants, however you may ONLY do so through /script SendChatMessage(). Relinking it any other way will strip it of its enchant, and revert it back to your normal language. Also, you must still use the escape char for the | vertical line, which is 124.
    YOU ARE WRONG!!!! The /script way is NOT the ONLY way to link edited item stats. try something before you post next time. ok? thanks.
    Last edited by Mdgames; 04-05-2008 at 02:36 PM.

R33C3's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2.4 is pretty good i like 2.3 though...

Kronokel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asch you have to be up to date

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mdgames View Post
    Please show me the post where it tells you how to link the edited items IN 2.4. because in the sticky it only shows you how to link it in the default chat frame. which does not work in 2.4 anymore because the item enchants get wiped.
    I've posted several times in the sticky. Just because you cannot find it does not mean that it does not exist.

YOU ARE WRONG!!!! The /script way is NOT the ONLY way to link edited item stats. try something before you post next time. ok? thanks.
    I did try it, and you know what? Out comes

You says: |cffff8000|Hitem:21176:2671:0:0:0:2672:0:0|h[Schwarzer Qirajiresonanzkristall]|h|r

Then I reread what you said, and realized you actually want people to create a new macro and log out, and manually edit it every time you want to link something. I take back what I said earlier. SendChatMessage() isn't the only way to link foreign items. It's just the best way.

And I've had about 3 hours of sleep the last 3 days, how about you not be such an jerk, ok? thanks.

Mdgames's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BonutDot View Post
    I've posted several times in the sticky. Just because you cannot find it does not mean that it does not exist.
    Yes, you have posted several times in the sticky. But not once in there did you post how to link them in 2.4 or in anything other than the default chat frame. As did no one else untill 21 hrs ago(which was after i made this thread)

liquidated's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the people that can't read:

This new method allows items linked in:

Different languages.
    Special Enchants.
    Edited enchants.

You do not shift click it, instead, you link it to the chat directly. It will be edited in the chat.

Understand?

My question is, would it be possible to make an addon that could generate the link in-game, as opposed to changing the text file every time?
    +rep for poster.
    Last edited by liquidated; 04-06-2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: added stuff

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, actually the sticky's very first post doesn't say anything about default chat frame. It will all still work the same as it always has, as will the addon I posted in that thread. Just because nobody said that it specifically works in 2.4 doesn't mean that it is automatically broken.

Hell, lemme go test it!

From the first post in the sticky:

/script SendChatMessage("\124cffffffff\124Hitem:11508:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Gamemaster's Slippers]\124h\124r");

Works

/script SendChatMessage("\124cffffffff\124Hitem:37:2673:1117:1093:198:0:0:0\124h[Worn Axe]\124h\124r");

Works

Just replace the english name with foreign name and everything works perfectly.

Use itemmagic to link items with enchants. It's about 100 times easier than this.

Mdgames's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This method also allows you to save multiple edited item links in a single macro, where typing all of the scrip in a macro would take up more than half of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast